Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what Cory said.... Couldn't have said it better Josh!

On a side note, who's going to the track tonight?
About 5 or 6 of us are. ORP FTW
Old 09-28-2010, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Exactly what Cory said.... Couldn't have said it better Josh!

On a side note, who's going to the track tonight?
About 5 or 6 of us are. ORP FTW
WTF James I thought you weren't going? I am going and I have a set of et streets on 16's if any body wants to give them a shot. I also have Gto spares if someone wants to run those as skinnies.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Double post.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gentleman!! How goes it!! lol, new motor going in this week, and new borg S475
Old 09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ws98ta
I was thinking about doing the same thing last year. Was thinking about upgrading to Gto,vette, ctsv. If you plan on modding any of those, outside of engine parts, it's going to cost alot.
If money for mods isn't really a problem, or if your going to keep it mostly stock, then I say do it. All those cars are alot nicer than an fbody and can be fun in stock trim.
But if you have a limited budget and want to go fast,then fbodys are one of the cheapest cars to make fast.
Is your car paid off?
I only have 11 payments left and once it's paid off I can really start putting money into mine.
Thanks ya sounds like were in the same boat looking at GTO's and C5's. The thing is I really want a manual and thats gonna run me ~2k to do a swap when I could sell or trade my car and finance 8k and be in a car that out handles my car and will be close in a straight line in stock form and be a stick. I have roughly 5 payments left and am just looking at all my options. Keeping the camaro and buying a truck is a possibility too. I have this year and next year left in school. I doubt Id mod my car anymore at this point till I have money to do big things to it. If I went GTO or C5 itd stay roughly stock besides maybe some intake stuff, catback tune, you know the basics until I was out of school as well.

What time you guys going to the track? was planning on lifting and playing Reach but this sounds enticing...
Old 10-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Launching!

jrob put a convertor in your car and you will be in love with your fbody again. They are the king of cheap speed.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

josh,

i hate car payments. i haven't had any in 2 years and can honestly say...i don't miss them at all haha.

if you're that close to paying off the car you have, why ditch it for another payment for a car with 100k on it? aim higher. keep what you've got for awhile if that's what it takes.

this is the way i see it...you could eat applebee's 4 times a month, or you could eat st. elmo's once a month. just depends on what kind of person you are. fyi my wife and i ate st elmo's a few weeks ago and fogo de shao last weekend.

but i guess i can't say **** because i have 2 fbodies in my garage that are worth half the value of my wife's dd.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Teching In

sorry for noob question, but can anyone recommend someone for cam and head install? or is it pretty straightforward? i'm pretty mechanical, built the truck in my sig
Old 10-08-2010, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e3mcgrath
sorry for noob question, but can anyone recommend someone for cam and head install? or is it pretty straightforward? i'm pretty mechanical, built the truck in my sig
Talk to "LT1Formula007". He's been doing work out of his place for years. And, he's damn good.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by s346k
josh,

i hate car payments. i haven't had any in 2 years and can honestly say...i don't miss them at all haha.

if you're that close to paying off the car you have, why ditch it for another payment for a car with 100k on it? aim higher. keep what you've got for awhile if that's what it takes.

this is the way i see it...you could eat applebee's 4 times a month, or you could eat st. elmo's once a month. just depends on what kind of person you are. fyi my wife and i ate st elmo's a few weeks ago and fogo de shao last weekend.

but i guess i can't say **** because i have 2 fbodies in my garage that are worth half the value of my wife's dd.
Thanks man I appreciate the advice and I did aim higher! Almost got a trade for a 06 TBSS Black/Black 65,000 miles plus cash done. I test drove a local one tonight and was impressed, plenty of power to still be fun, AWD so I can drive year round, can tow 7000lbs, roomy and comfortable, can seat 5, and plenty of creature comforts! My payment isnt going up much and I dont mind taking out a loan if its worth it to me. I get a way more practical fun vehicle!

I dont put many miles on cars so it wont even have 100,000 by the time its paid off. I get a clean slate to have some fun with again too!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by e3mcgrath
It's pretty straight forward if you research everthing - honestly, but if you would feel more comfortable with someone else installing it, lmk! I can do it for you, That's not a problem.
PM me for my phone number and we can discuss what all you have and want done!

James
Old 10-10-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Well guys looks like the trade is on, and next Saturday Ill be the proud owner of an 06 Trailblazer SS! Anyone know of any other TBSS owners in Indy? I wont be faster than you guys but I can tow more! hahaha
Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
Well guys looks like the trade is on, and next Saturday Ill be the proud owner of an 06 Trailblazer SS! Anyone know of any other TBSS owners in Indy? I wont be faster than you guys but I can tow more! hahaha
Congrats Bro! I have wanted 1 of these for a Long time Myself, But never wanted to dish out the money for 1.

Who knows maybe 1 day I'll get 1. I'm to the point in my life where I would really like to have a nice spacious vehicle, instead of all the dang F-Bodies I keep accumulating.
But, I gotta have at least 1 fast car and a DD.
Who Knows!!!

Good Luck with it man!

James
Old 10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Congrats Bro! I have wanted 1 of these for a Long time Myself, But never wanted to dish out the money for 1.

Who knows maybe 1 day I'll get 1. I'm to the point in my life where I would really like to have a nice spacious vehicle, instead of all the dang F-Bodies I keep accumulating.
But, I gotta have at least 1 fast car and a DD.
Who Knows!!!

Good Luck with it man!

James
Thanks man, I got a great interest rate on five years and a low payment so I couldnt pass it up! Ill always have a love for Fbodies, but it was time for a change! Maybe one day Ill have another one, Im gonna try to keep tabs on this car in case I want to get it back one day.

Can we have a ls1tech winter meet? Ill pick all you guys up hahaha
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrob56
Thanks man, I got a great interest rate on five years and a low payment so I couldnt pass it up! Ill always have a love for Fbodies, but it was time for a change! Maybe one day Ill have another one, Im gonna try to keep tabs on this car in case I want to get it back one day.

Can we have a ls1tech winter meet? Ill pick all you guys up hahaha
Congrats on the new ride!! I have had my eyes on them just waiting on them to come down a little more..

Want to sell your tb before you get rid of the car
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

I'm game. lol
I got a 4 x 4 too. lol

And you should sell your TB before you trade the car.
It's just extra $ in your pocket.

James
Old 10-11-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Haha sorry guys I cant, Ive already told him all the mods and hes giving me a great deal on the car. Even my spare parts are going with it including the ss spoiler and FTRA!

If it wasnt for that Id definitely hook you up!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Launching!

tbss rock a friend had one and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately we live in the country and despite being awd they suck in the snow So we ended up with a hemi grand cherokee. Still kinda bummed about it.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Staging Lane

Default tonight

anyone going tonight? O'REILLY TUESDAY NIGHT STREET LEGAL AND SLICK TIRE TEST AND TUNES
gates at 5 run at 530, shoot me a email leovascik@gmail dot com
Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sedanman
tbss rock a friend had one and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately we live in the country and despite being awd they suck in the snow So we ended up with a hemi grand cherokee. Still kinda bummed about it.
How can that be? What tires did you have on it?

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!