Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
When we did the car show that (Sunday?) the north side folk met up at 116th & 69 south. Almost sounds like we need another run like that. I wouldn't mind leading, but I certainly would not want to be caught on the north side doing what happens on the south side. It would not be pretty.
Not sure though, since Saturday nights start so late down south...
David, sounds like you have a challenger. Perhaps you would be able to push the Camaro to the line?
Didn't know the GNX was a clone; I heard that the real GNXs were cherry picked engines, which means his is not. Hmmm. Still, he is whistling instead of whining (F/I joke).
If you look at his engine his turbo is in the back indicating it was originally a hot air car IE no innercooler, innercooled cars came with the turbo in the front.

Sedanman, I thought you were into the twisties now? Run what ya brung I don't intend on running off the bottle next year at all unless its against Goodman.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I don't intend on running off the bottle next year at all unless its against Goodman.

why? you just said up there everyones too scared to lose....
Old 11-20-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
why? you just said up there everyones too scared to lose....
Yep, and I am not to scared to loose, if someone can beat me with me on the bottle then good for them

My car was built for the bottle so I am going to use it

I got tired of people wanting to run my last car with all sorts of stipulations, run what ya brung It would be like me going up to a turbo car and telling him to pull his inlet pipe or telling someone with big stickies to run on street tires...... people say the bottle is cheating but its just more power, most of the fast cars around here are bottle cars.

If I was to beat goodman he would then in turn get his Nova out and I would loose to that car but I would not back down from it. Can't win them all.

Sedanmans old car was pretty sick and would have given me a good race, he might have a lot of plans and will be able to put up a good race

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 11-20-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep, and I am not to scared to loose, if someone can beat me with me on the bottle then good for them

My car was built for the bottle so I am going to use it

I got tired of people wanting to run my last car with all sorts of stipulations, run what ya brung It would be like me going up to a turbo car and telling him to pull his inlet pipe or telling someone with big stickies to run on street tires...... people say the bottle is cheating but its just more power, most of the fast cars around here are bottle cars.

If I was to beat goodman he would then in turn get his Nova out and I would loose to that car but I would not back down from it. Can't win them all.

Sedanmans old car was pretty sick and would have given me a good race, he might have a lot of plans and will be able to put up a good race
yeah but if someone showed up with a 10 second motor car and wanted to run you on motor for fun... why not? i mean my ***** slow, but its all for fun right?

you are right you cant win them all though.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

I guess that depends on your goal(s). It costs money to run a built car, and you run the risk of breaking something everytime you turn up the wick.
If my car is running right, I normally don't bother with stock fbodies unless they pi** me off. What's the use, I already know that my daddy can beat your daddy.
Now horsey cars, or ricers, that is another story...
Old 11-20-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

If you look at his engine his turbo is in the back indicating it was originally a hot air car IE no innercooler, innercooled cars came with the turbo in the front.
No, never checked out his car. To be honest, the fact that they handled like crap and looked like my aunt's Regal pretty well turned me off that style of car. But the straightline performance was always impressive, I can't imagine Aunt Laura turning 11s in her grocery getter.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 AM

I live on 56th between Franklin and Post. I live in a neighborhood with mostly "mature" folks who either have children or are retired. As a result they don't appreciate my Camaro's nearly like I do. I drive the Arctic White '01 SS most often. Including Power Tour I put maybe 4,000 miles on it this year. I try to keep peace in the neighborhood so I don't take the '99 out too late at night since it has dumps in front of the axle sounds like the world is coming to an end when fired. The '99 is mostly a project/occasional Sunday afternoon noise maker.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
yeah but if someone showed up with a 10 second motor car and wanted to run you on motor for fun... why not? i mean my ***** slow, but its all for fun right?

you are right you cant win them all though.

Honestly if somone was really cool about it and I knew was not talking trash behined my back I might do it, however you allways have the idiots that don't know peoples cars and they would go around saying "oh so and so lost by at least a car" talking trash not knowing that so and so had a 300 shot he was not using.

Its not allways for fun, some people loose and take it the wrong way. I ran once and said no cameras and was forced to run on street tires and no bottle in my last car and got beat, later found out there was cameras and they laughed about it. Ever since then I have said run what you brung unless they are a good friend. I would have won the race on stickes alone

Might be getting married in Feburary so who knows how much I do to it this winter though my girl wants me to put more money into it.

Looks like little stuff and the EWP before it comes back out and the windows tinted.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Honestly if somone was really cool about it and I knew was not talking trash behined my back I might do it, however you allways have the idiots that don't know peoples cars and they would go around saying "oh so and so lost by at least a car" talking trash not knowing that so and so had a 300 shot he was not using.

Its not allways for fun, some people loose and take it the wrong way. I ran once and said no cameras and was forced to run on street tires and no bottle in my last car and got beat, later found out there was cameras and they laughed about it. Ever since then I have said run what you brung unless they are a good friend. I would have won the race on stickes alone

Might be getting married in Feburary so who knows how much I do to it this winter though my girl wants me to put more money into it.

Looks like little stuff and the EWP before it comes back out and the windows tinted.
cool deal. i really dont have anything else to do over the winter than suspension mods.

it is for fun for me. I know theres alot of **** talking, but theres always gonna be someone faster out there....
Old 11-22-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone who thinks they are the fastest around here would have to deal with the 55 Chevy with the blown alky motor that went 6.9's or a little faster.

Its fun for me but I allways want to go faster. With my LT1 car it was almost a 200hp jump over my old V6 86 camaro and I was used to the power in a day.

This car is rougly another 200hp on the motor over that car and I am pretty much used to it. Stallked it up and launched it hard and only got spooked because it hooked on cold tires with cruising air pressure. Bottle should make things interesting.

Some people are happy with what they want, I never am when it comes to racing hahaha. Right now my goal is 7's but not with this car. I will get this car into the 8's or BOTTOM 9's and leave it as a fast cruiser, not going to strip it out or anything.
We are wanting to build something else to go fast.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone who thinks they are the fastest around here would have to deal with the 55 Chevy with the blown alky motor that went 6.9's or a little faster.

Its fun for me but I allways want to go faster. With my LT1 car it was almost a 200hp jump over my old V6 86 camaro and I was used to the power in a day.

This car is rougly another 200hp on the motor over that car and I am pretty much used to it. Stallked it up and launched it hard and only got spooked because it hooked on cold tires with cruising air pressure. Bottle should make things interesting.

Some people are happy with what they want, I never am when it comes to racing hahaha. Right now my goal is 7's but not with this car. I will get this car into the 8's or BOTTOM 9's and leave it as a fast cruiser, not going to strip it out or anything.
We are wanting to build something else to go fast.

dont take me the wrong way... im never satisfied, but its all in fun for me. Im sure i wont stop, and itll get better with time. but i could have fun stoplight to stoplight racing my s10... and its slow as a mail truck.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

I raced a post office semi once in my old 86 (no trailor), those things are pretty quick with no load hahaha.

Its all for fun for me also in the end.

My car is a tad to loud to do much of anything on the street......
Old 11-24-2007, 03:57 AM
TECH Junkie

...My car is a tad to loud to do much of anything on the street......
WHAT? WHAT? YOUR CAR IS A TADPOLE WITHOUT FEET?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Hey David, I think you should run Sedanman and call it a day! Even if he does show you what an a$$ kickin is supposed to feel like. Honestly sedanman is a cool guy. I've met him on a few occasions and not once has he ever been the type to bad mouth someone or trash talk someone. I think it'd be a good race motor to motor. Especially if he does some more work over winter. Hit me up sometime man.... it's been a while huh! Well GTG..... JAMES
Koolaidkid....Did you get those tires taken care of? I've been trying to get a hold of you! Been dealing with some issues here lately...LMK, if not get ahold of me tomorrow or ? and we can mount/balance them.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
WHAT? WHAT? YOUR CAR IS A TADPOLE WITHOUT FEET?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA, what funny is I can't even run the car right now. I would have to take a salomander heater to the engine for a while. Carb with no choke in the winter means GOOD LUCK CHUCK!

Yeah I need to hit you up James, I wasent bashing Sedanman at all, he is a cool guy, I was just saying most people in general.

Once I get back from Denver first week of December ish I am helping Bob rebuild his engine. He got his turbo, cams, tranny, and stall in. Its going to be a sick car and it looks like I am going to tell him one of my stages also.

Not gonna say what all it is but its sick...........

Honestly I won't be doing much this winter, don't be suprised if I am married come late January, mid Feb at the earliest, the wires, cap and rotor, K&N filter top, waterpump and tint job after the wedding.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA, what funny is I can't even run the car right now. I would have to take a salomander heater to the engine for a while. Carb with no choke in the winter means GOOD LUCK CHUCK!

Yeah I need to hit you up James, I wasent bashing Sedanman at all, he is a cool guy, I was just saying most people in general.

Once I get back from Denver first week of December ish I am helping Bob rebuild his engine. He got his turbo, cams, tranny, and stall in. Its going to be a sick car and it looks like I am going to tell him one of my stages also.

Not gonna say what all it is but its sick...........

Honestly I won't be doing much this winter, don't be suprised if I am married come late January, mid Feb at the earliest, the wires, cap and rotor, K&N filter top, waterpump and tint job after the wedding.
tell her the wedding can wait.... lol
Old 11-28-2007, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

Don't want to do that, she wants to build a chassis car with me........ she said when she gets in the way she will go inside and cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Launching!

Sedanman, I thought you were into the twisties now? Run what ya brung I don't intend on running off the bottle next year at all unless its against Goodman.
I like twisties for sure, I can't see the point in having a car that can only go straight when every road in indiana has a turn. Its like have a girl that will only do it Missionary style whats the point in that?

As for "run what ya brung" I wouldn't come to you and say I would race you then add stipulations to rules. Its my job to make sure I show up with enough.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Don't want to do that, she wants to build a chassis car with me........ she said when she gets in the way she will go inside and cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i guess you cant complain. she has interest, and knows when its time to go inside and cook wish my ex was that way
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sedanman
I like twisties for sure, I can't see the point in having a car that can only go straight when every road in indiana has a turn. Its like have a girl that will only do it Missionary style whats the point in that?

As for "run what ya brung" I wouldn't come to you and say I would race you then add stipulations to rules. Its my job to make sure I show up with enough.
HAHAHA, Im not doing a lot this winter is very much, getting married soon.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!