Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone still out cruising?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone still out cruising?

I just got my car a few weeks ago...probably why they were so easy to work with, and need to cruise a lot more often. Is anyone still out there since it's not snowin' yet? I'm not far from Four Corners, so if anyone wants to set something up
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not from your area but I imagine quite a few cars are away for the winter. I personally put my car away november 3rd since it was cold out and I dont like cruiseing out in the cold although theres no bugs out which really helps to keep the car clean. I dont even see all the vettes out like I used to and I do alot of driving for work and still dont see to many out.Im sure theres still a few guys who will drive till the snow flys but I think most of the cars are away for the year. It sucks to since im already wanting to go for a ride anytime its around 40-50 out.
nice car btw my buddie has a cam only 04gto its a nice car
Goodluck finding someone I know someone will be up for a little cruise

Quadd
Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car has been put away for a few weeks now, I think most people are pretty much done 'till spring.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just put stabil in my car today and took off the hood and wheels. So I'm out for the year
Old 11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I only have one car so I guess every day is a cruise. Only I'm the only one.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car has been in storage since the 1st of Nov. I wish there wasn't a thing called winter.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Mine is still out. Have to finish a couple more things on it and it will probably be in storage by the end of the week. I hate winter.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

The '98 went into storage on 10/26.

The '02 is down as of last weekend.

Both will be back out in April, unless I sell the '98 before then. Going to look at a potential replacement for it this weekend.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i drive mine everyday too...just for this winter though. i'm not too sure where westmont is though??
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The '98 went into storage on 10/26.

The '02 is down as of last weekend.

Both will be back out in April, unless I sell the '98 before then. Going to look at a potential replacement for it this weekend.
Damn why are you selling the 98 thats such a beautiful car and for the year not to many left. What are you looking for as a replacment if I may ask? Im guesing another fbody unless your going to stop the carshows and win awards. Maybe something radical as far as power goes?
You have a beautiful car what would your asking price be if I may ask i know its probably worth a good chunk for the miles and year and not all tore apart
Quadd
Old 11-28-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

I'm going to put mine away this weekend.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:10 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I put mine away last weekend :
Old 11-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RippinZ121
yea i drive mine everyday too...just for this winter though. i'm not too sure where westmont is though??
West burbs, by Oak Brook, Hinsdale, Downers Grove.

Yeah, it's rough right now...car won't hook at all, but I do have to say I'm more comfortable driving this fat pig of a car w IRS in this weather than my old Z. That car did NOT like the cold.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

I'm out still. Unfortunately. I was going to buy a beater. I haven't found a good one yet. Until it snows i'll be out but no cruisin just to work.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by quadd2244
Damn why are you selling the 98 thats such a beautiful car and for the year not to many left. What are you looking for as a replacment if I may ask? Im guesing another fbody unless your going to stop the carshows and win awards. Maybe something radical as far as power goes?
You have a beautiful car what would your asking price be if I may ask i know its probably worth a good chunk for the miles and year and not all tore apart
Quadd
Thanks for the complements.

Well, nothing is set in stone since I haven’t even seen the other car in person yet. But I’m considering buying an even lower mileage show car that I found. And yes, it is another 4th gen F-body. I’m still very hooked on these cars. The one I’m looking at now is more rarely optioned, and has only 5k miles vs the 14k on my ’98.

I haven’t really decided on an asking price for my ’98 yet. I’m not one of these people that thinks my car is a gold mine just because of the low mileage, so I wouldn’t try to ask an outrageous amount. But I wouldn’t sell it for the stupid-low price that KBB lists it at either. Problem is, I’ve grown so attached to this car it’d be very hard to let it go. But I just don’t have space for 3 Camaros, nor do I really need two barely driven show cars.

Are you at all interested in it? Or know anyone that might be? I showed it only twice this year, but it scored 97 points (of 100) at both events, with different judges. The car needs absolutely nothing, runs/drives/looks excellent. You could take it to a car show tomorrow with zero prep work and be almost certain to come home with a trophy in the stock class. Truthfully, condition wise the car is probably in the top 5% or better of LS1 F-bodies in the country. But the problem is, I’ve got this itch to get something in the top 1%. That’s the only reason I’m even looking at getting a different car.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No im not interested since I cant swing another car to hardly be drove but I might know someone. He has a 98ws6 with 18,000 miles on it I think and its silver. I know early this year he mentioned wanting to pick up an early ls1camaro ss. I can mention it to him ad see what he says. I would love to have a real low mile car not to low of miles to where your scared to drive it to shows and what not but I love the car show scene and would love to get into it. Maybe sooner or later I will be able to but it depends if I keep sticking money in my Trans Am. So we'll see what happens but I will mention it to the person I know.
Keep us updated
Goodluck with everything I hope it all works out

Quadd
Old 11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by quadd2244
No im not interested since I cant swing another car to hardly be drove but I might know someone. He has a 98ws6 with 18,000 miles on it I think and its silver. I know early this year he mentioned wanting to pick up an early ls1camaro ss. I can mention it to him ad see what he says. I would love to have a real low mile car not to low of miles to where your scared to drive it to shows and what not but I love the car show scene and would love to get into it. Maybe sooner or later I will be able to but it depends if I keep sticking money in my Trans Am. So we'll see what happens but I will mention it to the person I know.
Keep us updated
Goodluck with everything I hope it all works out

Quadd
Thanks Quadd.

Nothing is for sure yet, it really all depends on how the other car checks out and what sort of price I can get. But if things move forward, I'll be sure to let you know.

There are a couple other people that have expressed an interest as well, and it's not even officially for sale yet. Makes me wonder why in the hell do I even want to sell it!?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Staging Lane

Went cruising tonight, saw another GTO (04) and a C6 vert. So I'm not the only crazy bastard. Also hit 145 for the first time.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still cruise every day in mine.. its my only car.. lol. In fact since there is a big ol' winter storm heading our way tomorrow AM I'll be tossin' on my Steel wheels and snow tires. Give the car a base model V6 look for the winter.. lol.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

I got my first race last night actually. I'm on I-80 getting off at LaGrange...I see this C6 Yellow vert and rev at him, knowing he'd kill me. He just smiles, gets off at the same exit as me and decides to **** around on LaGrange. We catch a light, I two foot it and stall it just a little (cold out and stock tires), and I take it he didn't know how to launch (auto - prolly still had traction on), because I hooked, did a little S-curve, and jumped out. I held him off til 70 or so when a car turned in front of him so we stopped.

That doesn't seem right that I could do that.

PS none of the mods in my sig are installed yet.