Old 02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A couple pics of Christine from 2008 World Of Wheels

A couple pics of Christine from 2008 World Of Wheels

Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

My friends and I were noticing that our sleepers were drawing more of a crowd then the shiny show cars in our isle, which blew our mind since our cars are something that the average person could afford to build as opposed to the trailer queen show cars that were in the same isle.

I really enjoyed watching peoples reactions to my friends and mine sleepers. I think it was a lot of fun. Met new people, made new friends, and a ton of people stopped to read the info/bulletin/fact board on Christine, and she made a ton of people smile and even bring there friends and/or families over to look at the car a second time. Made me feel like I was doing something right to make so many people smile, which was a nice feeling.

Sooo many people had sooo many questions and great things to say about it. I even have some people talking about the World of Wheels and the cool cars they saw, and they are people that don't know me asking about that "Badass old Caprice with the LS1" and I can't help but smile an let the people know they are talking about my car.

Luckily the person that judged my car liked sleepers but knew I was not there as a "show car" but made some nice comments about Christine anyways.

Engine - 8 - "Needs more Detailing but one hell of a sleeper!"

Overall - 5- " The Ultimate sleeper, but unfortunately not a show car"
Old 02-19-2008, 01:39 AM

Would have never of guess! The ultimate sleeper. Whats it weight?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats pretty cool man. can we get a video?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Cool car! I had a '78 Caprice Coupe as well, with a 305ci/2bbl. Those cars are sharp when in solid shape like yours.

But your title was very deceptive. IMO, Christine =

Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Cool car! I had a '78 Caprice Coupe as well, with a 305ci/2bbl. Those cars are sharp when in solid shape like yours.

Yeah, CQB 241 was the first thing that came to my mind also!

Nice car thought! Very good sleeper!

Ryan, "******* defog!!!!" Caprice language circa 1998.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoePZ28
Would have never of guess! The ultimate sleeper. Whats it weight?
With a Full tank of gas and me in the car it is just just below 4,000 lbs.

Originally Posted by Nickstock98t/a
thats pretty cool man. can we get a video?

Thanks you!

The video is in the link in my Sig. https://ls1tech.com/forums/12-second-club/817239-12-s-stock-ls1-what-kinda-car.html

Thank you for the kind words! Have any pics of your 1978 Caprice Coupe? What did you get rid of it for?

I know what you are saying about what car you associate with the name Christine. I actually named her Christine because of the movie.

I bought her as my first car with my own money at age 15 from the son of the Original owner. The son inhearted it when his father died. I bout it with 99,996 miles on it. By the time I drove it home it had rolled over to all Zero's. I found out that the guys father ordered it from the factory to his specs and had his name put on the original owners manual straight from the factory.

Upon cleaning her when I got her home, I discovered alot of blood on the interior , so I put 2 and 2 together and realized that his guys father must have been killed or died in my car. It was at that point I decided to name her Christine after the Stephen King Book/Movie about a 1957 Plymouth Fury that was posesed.

Christine ran strong her her size/weight to HP ratio. Her original 350 V8 was rated at only 170 hp yet with over 100,000 mile on the clock it would still knock out mid to high 15's which wasnt bad considering magazine road tests of the car when it was brand new had it only doing anywhere from high 16's to low 18's.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Man that is a cool story! Besides the guy getting killed in the car?!! I love it when you can have a story of the originality of the car. Plus buying it w/99,996 and rolling it over on the way home, that is cool.

And I quote: " My ******* brother bought her back in '57, September, that's when you got the new cars back then. Brand new she was, had the smell of a brand new car, and that's just about the finest smell in the world, except maybe for______."

I haven't even seen the movie in like 5 years. Ryan, take it away...
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by KC Henry
Thank you for the kind words! Have any pics of your 1978 Caprice Coupe? What did you get rid of it for?
No pics, but it was a similar color as yours, but not in nearly as clean of condition. It had 142k miles when junked. Rear and trans blew, in that order. Just wasn't worth fixing considering it's poor condition, and the fact it was just my winter beater at the time (had an '89 Formula 350 as the "toy" car back then). But if it looked as clean as yours, it woulda beeen worth doing something with.

I know what you are saying about what car you associate with the name Christine. I actually named her Christine because of the movie.

I bought her as my first car with my own money at age 15 from the son of the Original owner. The son inhearted it when his father died. I bout it with 99,996 miles on it. By the time I drove it home it had rolled over to all Zero's. I found out that the guys father ordered it from the factory to his specs and had his name put on the original owners manual straight from the factory.

Upon cleaning her when I got her home, I discovered alot of blood on the interior , so I put 2 and 2 together and realized that his guys father must have been killed or died in my car. It was at that point I decided to name her Christine after the Stephen King Book/Movie about a 1957 Plymouth Fury that was posesed.
Wow! That's one hell of a story on that car, in every way! The name seems appropreiate. Perhaps the car will eventually complete it's own restoration, all by itself!

Originally Posted by RPM Mark
And I quote: " My ******* brother bought her back in '57, September, that's when you got the new cars back then. Brand new she was, had the smell of a brand new car, and that's just about the finest smell in the world, except maybe for______."

I haven't even seen the movie in like 5 years. Ryan, take it away...

"I knew a guy had a car like that once. ******* bastard killed himself in it. Son of a bitch was so mean, you could've poured boiling water down his throat and he would've pissed ice cubes!"

So many quotes, so little time.....
Old 02-19-2008, 07:07 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Oh, and another interesting bit of info on the movie.

Though it hit theaters in 1983, the movie was supposed to take place starting in the fall of 1978 and going into the winter of 1978-'79. So your car being a '78 adds further to the story!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, and another interesting bit of info on the movie.

Though it hit theaters in 1983, the movie was supposed to take place starting in the fall of 1978 and going into the winter of 1978-'79. So your car being a '78 adds further to the story!

Oh yeah, I forgot that it was set in "1978", that does add to the history of the car a bit more, which is awesome !

I own the movie and the book, both are great.

What was also great is that the girl I dated all through high school and beyond (5+ years) cared for Christine as much as I did and made me posters, a t-shirt and even a coffee mug I think with pics of my Christine. Ahhhh I miss the times growing up with the car in high school and all the dumb stuff I did.

It is funny how much a simple movie/book can impact a persons life so much.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Oh yeah, I forgot that it was set in "1978", that does add to the history of the car a bit more, which is awesome !

I own the movie and the book, both are great.

What was also great is that the girl I dated all through high school and beyond (5+ years) cared for Christine as much as I did and made me posters, a t-shirt and even a coffee mug I think with pics of my Christine. Ahhhh I miss the times growing up with the car in high school and all the dumb stuff I did.

It is funny how much a simple movie/book can impact a persons life so much.
Very cool.

Yeah, myself and RPM Mark have been junkies of that movie for a LONG time. I saw it for the first time in 1987 or '88....it was the Saturday night before Easter one of those two years. I've probably watched it 1000 times since then. I had it on Beta and VHS video for many years, plus the book, then finally bought the DVD a few years back. The latest release of the DVD contains deleted scenes and tons of background info that I never knew, I think that came out in 2004 or '05.

Sorry to hijack your thread man, I just get carried away on that movie. I think it's probably my favorite of all time....or at least in the top 5.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Launching!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!
I wanted to do the same thing to a 84' Parisenne 4 door though. Was my first car, got so much *** in that thing.
I will end up doing it one day just to many projects right now.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Naming your car is gay.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12.7 is a sleeper? am i missing something?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:46 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by xpndbl3
12.7 is a sleeper? am i missing something?
12.7 in a stock appearing '78 Caprice coupe sure is.

Maybe you haven't driven one of them with a 305ci. They are usually slower than a Corolla.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

all i can say is "sweet"........vid is cool also...
Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

12.7 in a stock appearing '78 Caprice coupe sure is.

Maybe you haven't driven one of them with a 305ci. They are usually slower than a Corolla.
I know all too well what that feeling use to be like. I cant wait until I can afford to start modding the Stock LS1 to see if I can break into the 11's.

Originally Posted by kdogc5
all i can say is "sweet"........vid is cool also...
Thank you! After the car sat for so long the 3 year old Mickey Thompson's were getting a lil hard and slick... but nothing that heating'em up didn't seem to cure.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

Cool car I have followed your progress in the conversion forum, might get me to drop an LSx into the Merc I just got. I love the sleeper aspect of the car.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Cool car I have followed your progress in the conversion forum, might get me to drop an LSx into the Merc I just got. I love the sleeper aspect of the car.
Thank you! It is a good feeling to know that I may have planted a few ideas to start some more LSX project cars that aren't always small or light.

Quick Reply: A couple pics of Christine from 2008 World Of Wheels