Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

The Official "I got ticketed at Speed Inc" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

That sucks you guys got no-front-plate tickets, that's some petty crap right there.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw speed really needs to kick out some of the stupid *** people that go there. I mean come on, the cops are right there and everybody is like light them up. How stupid do these people think we are???

Speed and people know that it is only a matter of time before the coppers come. Only thing that speed does is make themselves look bad. They could and can control the whole damn situation and not have any problems. They are going to get a bad rap for this ****. I will never ever go and most of the guys I talked to that went there will not go either. What a waste of my time. All they care about is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and I'm not just talking about the cops either!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like my mechanical issues saved my ***! I showed up about 11:30 or slightly after. The cops could of had a field day with my car. No front plate, tint, slicks, loud exhaust, no emmisions stuff, etc.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

I think the burnout stuff goes okay, it's just the folks who decide to make an 1/8th mile pass, I ended up spinning a ton in first and was in 2nd pretty fast, and then would shut it down after I got past the rubber because the car would get loose.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moderation is the key to having a show like this.
You have drivers doing John Force style 1,000ft burnouts with spectators in the middle of the street, and people are surprised when the cops show up???
Some common sense on the part of reckless drivers, and fans that have the common sense to stay the hell out of the street would prevent an issue.
If there was some crowd control to keep people out of the street it would not have been such an issue.
I love big HP cars as much as the next guy, but I can see how the local busineeses got pissed off because they could not get down the street.
Maybe just have an organized car show/open house next time,
and schedule a track day for the
Hats off to Speed Inc. for the sweet hospitality
Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM
12 Second Club

What is really messed up is that i just practically pulled into the street and the cop pulled us over to the side for not having a front plate, now that is just plain out stupid but i guess they have nothing else better to do.As for the guys that were doing burnouts i think that is just plain stupid, come on guys who the hell r u trying to impress? I will never be attending a speed inc open house and i'm sure a lot of people think the same
Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

You really cant blame speed inc for what was going on... I mean c'mon did you make it inside. Them boys had ALOT going on. I think it did get a little bigger than anticipated. Which normally is a good thing.

The problem is that most guys check thier common sense at the door when enticed by the crowd.. Mob mentality...

Two things that I didnt like... Lets boo at the cops, and just aggrivate them more. Yeah that always works. It might not be illegal, but thats probably what bought Scrambler and that group thier tickets... Can we say, here is your sign?

Next, give the people trying to put on a show, some space. Any number of things could happen while roasting tires... Ever see one let go? Ok. I know at least one guy that got lucky that the tires stayed together.

X2 on the 1/8 mile passes. Roll into the box, Foot on the brake, rotate rear tires... Let off brake.... Sit and chill and breath the aroma. Do we need to have a Speed Inc burnout rulebook?

Recap.

1. Let the road be the stage. Just like any other show, unless your one putting on the show, stay the **** off the stage.

2. When the cops do show up, dont be a dick... Part of me says that if the crowd wasnt hassling him, shouting, and what not, there would have been a few less tickets. Maybe the car wouldnt have been impounded.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ aww damn they got you to? I left right when that ******** cop walked into the crowd to move them back. I had no front plate either but at the time only 1 cop saw it and didnt say anything and I just idled down the street until I got away since my cars pretty loud
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

AWW damnit I was refering to Chiws6
Old 04-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

sorry to hear people got pinched, but if you are doing something illegal or your car is not legal you can't hate the cop for doing his job.

We do not promote the burn outs, but it's something that goes on every year. We can not stop every car from doing this on a public road, but we have stopped people for doing donuts and getting out of shape in the past.

scramblerman...you seem pissed that you got a ticket and therefore it becomes our problem.

as far $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at the end of the day many people have saved money with the specials which is less profit for us+ add extra help, planning and food/drinks and that brings little profit at the end of the day.

I can't say I am sorry that you and your friends won't be making it next year, but I could care less with your outlook on the event anyway.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by quadd2244
^^^ aww damn they got you to? I left right when that ******** cop walked into the crowd to move them back. I had no front plate either but at the time only 1 cop saw it and didnt say anything and I just idled down the street until I got away since my cars pretty loud
yeah u can see my car in the video that some1 else posted up, i knew i should've put my front plate
Old 04-27-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I totally agree twisted and yes I agree to being in the street but not right in front of the cars as yeah I dont want to end up a hood ornament or worse yet damage someones car with my head lol. I probably left right when you left and I avoided a ticket
Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
sorry to hear people got pinched, but if you are doing something illegal or your car is not legal you can't hate the cop for doing his job.

We do not promote the burn outs, but it's something that goes on every year. We can not stop every car from doing this on a public road, but we have stopped people for doing donuts and getting out of shape in the past.

scramblerman...you seem pissed that you got a ticket and therefore it becomes our problem.

as far $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at the end of the day many people have saved money with the specials which is less profit for us+ add extra help, planning and food/drinks and that brings little profit at the end of the day.

I can't say I am sorry that you and your friends won't be making it next year, but I could care less with your outlook on the event anyway.
Larry you did an amazing job with SBEs old car it looks awesome man
nice work
Old 04-27-2008, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Lets just be thankfull that it was early in the day, and Speed Inc wasnt a bar... I bet it would have been REAL ugly then.. LMAO
Old 04-27-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHIWS6
yeah u can see my car in the video that some1 else posted up, i knew i should've put my front plate
Yeah that sucks man I bet you dont get hassled down in the city huh?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by quadd2244
Yeah that sucks man I bet you dont get hassled down in the city huh?
not at all, thats why i hate going to the burbs because they don't have **** to do but pull some1 over for no front plate. i guess next time i go out to some gathering i will be putting the front plate
Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

so let me get this straight. a couple people go no-front-plate tickets and are now crying about it? Well, you obviously know it's illegal. If you got caught down the road from speed would you all still be crying? please. We all know half of our cars are illegal and can be ticketed, but we still do it since they look bad *** that way. You know how many no-front-plate tickets I have IN THE CITY while being PARKED.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarols1
Moderation is the key to having a show like this.
You have drivers doing John Force style 1,000ft burnouts with spectators in the middle of the street, and people are surprised when the cops show up???
Some common sense on the part of reckless drivers, and fans that have the common sense to stay the hell out of the street would prevent an issue.
If there was some crowd control to keep people out of the street it would not have been such an issue.
I love big HP cars as much as the next guy, but I can see how the local busineeses got pissed off because they could not get down the street.
Maybe just have an organized car show/open house next time,
and schedule a track day for the
Hats off to Speed Inc. for the sweet hospitality
EXACTLY!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED

EXACTLY speed does not promote the burnouts, that has just become a tradition in itself. Secondly Albion street is public property so crowd control is not Speeds responsibility, its the spectators. The spectators need to grow up. Most of our cars are not legal and everytime we drive them we are asking for ticket(s). For the most part through years past the cops are always pretty cool about it, its when the crowd gets stupid or people start flying up and down the streets, then the cops have to do their job because it becomes a safety issue / public commuter / local businesses issues.

For everyone bitching that its BS on Speeds part, that not cool, and its fast way to make the open house discountinued!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHIWS6
What is really messed up is that i just practically pulled into the street and the cop pulled us over to the side for not having a front plate, now that is just plain out stupid but i guess they have nothing else better to do.As for the guys that were doing burnouts i think that is just plain stupid, come on guys who the hell r u trying to impress? I will never be attending a speed inc open house and i'm sure a lot of people think the same

Quick Reply: The Official "I got ticketed at Speed Inc" thread.