Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

The Official "I got ticketed at Speed Inc" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:13 AM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the guy they arrested for the burnout didnt do anything unsafe. doing a brake torque or brake stand is the safest thing you can do with a fast car. plus he cooperated with the police.

they should cut him some slack. give him a hundred dollar ticket and let him move on.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:08 AM
TECH Junkie

some of you forget that the fire station (and police?) is literally 3 blocks away
Old 05-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jinusow
sounds like pigeon forge to me. Speed Inc if you can't find a way to control your own get together the cops will feed every time I promise you. A bunch of blow hards went overboard with the stunts, the cops blamed everyone that was there with the use of tickets for a message, and then to see speed give a feeling of no skin off my back we tried. Sounds like everyone needs a pat on the back.

We do not have a burn out contest at our Open House..simple as that.

We do not own Albion Ave. or the right to tell people what to do with their vehicles.

The choice was made by every individual to do a burn out and to stand in the street.

The Open House may just not happen next year or we will have police on watch. This BS that it's our fault people make the choice to do illegal things is just rediculous.

so some got a ticket for something they did wrong...pay it and move on as most of us including myself have done in the past...

speeding
loud exhaust
tint
no front plate

I did not go cry to the exaust manufacturer, the tint manufacturer, GM or Ford when I was issued tickets for the above. I sucked it up and paid them since I was wrong though some laws are BS.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
vehicles.

The Open House may just not happen next year or we will have police on watch. This BS that it's our fault people make the choice to do illegal things is just rediculous.
it has to happen next year. this was my first open house and don't want it to be the last. i am sure if you let the cops know about it ahead of time and let them come out and keep an eye on it things would be alright. in Westchester they would ave cops rope off part of the parking lot and watch us do burnouts. heres a vid, kinda long but a cop pulls in front of me right as i am pulling up for a burnout, stops to clear the road, then chirps the tires. the chirp at 35 seconds is the cop taking off.
himself.http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ent=Als197.flv
Old 05-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned

We thought about the police on hand, but then what about all the tint, no front plates etc that people may get hassled for?

would we be wrong there too?

it will most likely stil happen, but we are just very upset over some of the BS right now
Old 05-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

We thought about the police on hand, but then what about all the tint, no front plates etc that people may get hassled for?

would we be wrong there too?

it will most likely stil happen, but we are just very upset over some of the BS right now
don't blame ya, and ya i guess all those things were a bigger problem at speedinc than at westchester. more than half the cars at speedinc either had tints or no front plate. i wonder if they were just crackin down on that because of the way the crowd reacted to the kid getting pulled over. i think if the crowd dispersed right when it happened they wouldn't of been such dicks.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Banned

The crowds reactions really set the cop off from what we heard.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

I'm sure some guys in the crowd probably razzed the cop and he got upset as we all would.

Could you guys block off the street with cops if you did it on a Sunday? Like a cop at each end?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

If any one from speed inc would have gone out there and said "no burn outs" and stuck to it, every one would be preaching how big of pus*ys they are.....
its a public rd deal with it!

I dont think any one working at Speed even had time to look out side, they were all busy entertaining the customers inside.

I have done burn outs in past events there, if i got busted by the cops i would have expected to get arrested or at least made an example of.
&
I have had a no front plate ticket, i didnt bitch and complain about it. i know its the law suck it up and deal with it.

my .02
Old 05-01-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver 00 SS
If any one from speed inc would have gone out there and said "no burn outs" and stuck to it, every one would be preaching how big of pus*ys they are.....
its a public rd deal with it!

I dont think any one working at Speed even had time to look out side, they were all busy entertaining the customers inside.

I have done burn outs in past events there, if i got busted by the cops i would have expected to get arrested or at least made an example of.
&
I have had a no front plate ticket, i didnt bitch and complain about it. i know its the law suck it up and deal with it.

my .02

agreed!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW!
I didn't know there was such whining people on this board!
Next year do everyone a favor and don't go! If you do hope for good weather,turnouts,sales,burnouts....
But expect to pay for it if you get caught!
PERIOD.
Speed thanks for a chance to hangout and those sales!
Who knows maybe a few of us can get together and gave schaumburg PD to turn the other way for us, like last year!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

speeding
loud exhaust
tint
no front plate

Sounds like my car but take away the speeding and add bald tires!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Wow I can't believe all the bashing going on here...Don't blame Speed Inc, Blame yourselves!!!!...It was all your own individual choices to show off in front of the camera/crowd.....If you didnt get caught, consider yourself lucky but if you got caught, sucks to be you you knew what you were doing.....sad but true....
Old 05-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I'm sure some guys in the crowd probably razzed the cop and he got upset as we all would.

Could you guys block off the street with cops if you did it on a Sunday? Like a cop at each end?
This was my first one but i KNOW this wasnt THE first cruise to speed inc... so i know if the cops showed up EVERY SINGLE YEAR then they know that we do burnouts EVRY SINGLE YEAR so theyre gonna roll through EVERY SINGLE YEAR..guys they already knewwhat we were gonna do and probably had a set time that theyre gonna come through and shut down the party, and they prolly do every year...thats what makes the most sense to me..if im a cop id prolly say "let em burn em for an hour and a half then break it up"....anybody notice that the cops rolled in an hour 1/2 after the tires started flamin?....if that kid wouldnt have been smokin em then everybody would ahve beenjust standin there when the cop drove through...where IM from somebody WAAYY at the end of the block would have yelled "AYO AYO!!" as soon as the cop pulled round the corner and everybody would have known Johnny law was on the way....but like one guy on the forum said, just be glad it wasnt the CPD... or else half the crowd would have been missing and the other half would be too injured to drive home
Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow I thought this debate was over. I'm not on the site for a few days and nothing has changed in the Midwestern Section.

I'm with Little88. If you are going to complain about any sort of ticket that is YOUR FAULT...simply dont go. There are plenty of mature guys/gals on here that know when to throw in the towel and admit when they are wrong.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

even if someone at the end of the block yelled, the street was filled with smoke, and someone would have been in the middle of doing a burnout. by the time the info got to the driver it woulda been too late.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

i'm thinking hand held police scanner. well, if u could hear it over the cars lol.

Quick Reply: The Official "I got ticketed at Speed Inc" thread.