Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed Inc. Open House

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StangEaterSS
wow....hey, If you ever want to get straight drug down the 1320 by a car with speed inc parts let me know. my cam only junk will make you cry with that ******* vette you have in your sig.
what does that have to do with anything that is being said here?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
http://www.fquick.com/videos/Police_...use_08%27/5772

here ya go

see the guy in the sweatshirt and hat @ approx 3 min next to your car talking to the cops?

well...that would be Mike an ex-employee and close friend which has worked with us every Open House to try and keep the outside in decent order and has been able to calm the police and crowd down in the past

after seeing the video which shows most people boo'n the police probably didn't do any good. This was mentioned before, but after seeing the video it was something I'm sure didn't help the situation at all.

oh yeh...if you had a hot dog you must have brought it since we had pizza
Wow I just saw the vid. What a bunch of strokes! Looks like Barny 5 couldn't ever afford a nice car and hates people who can. Some cops are really a joke, it's sad. I know they have a job to do but come on.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
scramblerman walks into court- "well judge, speed inc had an open house but didn't have any traffic cops on duty, or any signs that said no burnouts, and they didn't even have the road blocked or have the decency to tell me that it's illegal to drive a car with no front plate!! Since I can't take responsibility for my own actions I think they should have had a babysitter for me, I can't take it any more, why do they hate me!!!! "

Judge- and take it deep!

LOL
Old 04-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Do you really think that they custom grind cams and all that stuff???? Thats what machine shops are for. Maybe speed does some custom Turbo kits but otherwise all these shops are just R&R.
weak...
Tell me a machine shop who custom grinds LS1 camshafts......
Old 04-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Although seemed like the only thing that speed gave a crap about was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! They didn't have a great show, PLEASE!!! The guys that had cars and drove them to the show made it a great time. Speed hosted it so they can make some money, but that is all.
Plans for the open house were started in January

We worked with BMR had them bring a box truck of parts, and what doesn't sell at 20% off we buy for stock. Oh lots of money being made having two suspension professionals flown in from florida and selling parts for cost.

None the less we had to reschedule very large jobs so we didn't have cars dissassembled during the open house, cars we could have finished last week and been paid on. We had to basically shut down the shop for two days to prep for the open house.

So please stop with your selfish bs tirade
Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

How about giving speed credit for (like stated before) taking a whole day out of work to host this party, buy food and drinks, and give everyone help with thier cars. They werent just sitting around...I'm sure they would've LOVED to see all the cars and the people out there. They didnt do it for the money they did it because they are enthusiasts like us. They did knew what was gonna happen, couldnt help it, and let everyone do what they wanted to do...while taking responsibility for thier own actions.

I know this is not the case, but even IF they did it for the money...why would that matter? Its a business, and thats what businesses do, MAKE MONEY. They were taking a get-together and using it for promotion...its a smart idea because if they didnt get thier name out there, there wouldnt be a speed shop. I think it just comes down to you being jelous.

Last edited by LASTLS1; 04-27-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Personal
Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser@SpeedInc
weak...
Tell me a machine shop who custom grinds LS1 camshafts......
He is clueless Frasier!
I tried to see you yesterday but you were BUSY *** HELL behind the counter.
I wanted to go get my breathers but the damn cops came, I sent one of my partners from work though, and wants some kooks LT's for his 06 GTO!

Last edited by litle88; 04-28-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Lets keep it on track.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Thats a nice picture!!!
I got lots of pics of your car, I will PM you links to them.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jim_H
I live in Schaumburg very near Speed Inc. and I have to drive directly past the cross street to get to my house from the Elgin O'Hare. To say that the streets around there are not busy would be an understatement. Honestly, that picture is disapointing to see the lack of care.
Sure Wright has some traffic on it but all the other streets in that area, Estes, Lunt, Morse, and Albion are pretty dead on the weekend. All im trying to say is its a completely different world during the week. There shouldn't be many reasons for cars to drive through as the only biz that was probably open is that huge factory at Mitchell and Albion.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ski23
This was my first Speed open house, I had a good time. Even though the cops busted it up a little it was still a good day. The 40+ car caravan we had was cool. One line of good ol American Muscle riding together. I tried to fit one of those Twin turboed cars in my pocket but, no luck. Now that was one bad *** garage. How about the SUPER clean Sunset orange camaro? one CLEAN ****. Who almost kissed my hanging ***** coming down that off ramp? I saw it coming for some reason and pulled to the side of Heymoej. Glad I did cuz it was close. Anyways, thanks for the invite, thanks for the food/drinks and a great day hangin with fellow gear heads. 2 Thumbs up for the crew at Speed.
i think it may have been me that almost got a taste of your bumper. i saw you pull off onto the shoulder and i had to screech to a stop. i've got a red ss with black convertible.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow i cant believe what this thread has turned into. Is some one really giving Speed inc crap for hosting the best open house most likely in the Country. Of course they might be thinking alittle bit about money, this is a business not a charity. I look forward to the open house every year and spend good money on tires every year just to have a good time and put on a little show. As far as speed not doing anything about burn outs, what do you expect when you put together 300 hundred hp crazy car freaks in front of a huge speed shop. Its all about the love of the sport, some times you have to pay to play.

Alex
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

WOW, very interesting!!! I, myself had a good time as always whenever I take a trip to Speed Inc. to buy parts, tuning, have something installed if I can't do it myself, or attend their anual open house. Congratulations to Larry and all the guys at Speed for another successful turnout. Larry, your Project LT1 is very impressive, man thats so clean and tough looking. Can't wait to hear and see her run-call me on your next outing at the track. Sorry to hear people getting ticketed for no front plates-one reason I did not bring my car.

Anyways, EVERYONE, lets get back on track, and set ourselves new goals, whether it be more HORSEPOWER on motor, on NITROUS, hitting 11's, 10's, into the 9's maybe? for this racing season!!! I'M READY, Let's do it!!!
Larry, you forgot to give me my stickers which my car earned.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

yea, this was my first time visiting speed inc and it was an awesome experience. so the cops showed up, oh well. it was still the best car show i have ever been too. and thanks to all the guys at speed inc for putting on an awesome event. gonna need to talk to you guys in a little bit about getting a full exhaust system i have sitting around needing to be installed. already lookin forward to next year.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:02 AM
12 Second Club

This was my first open house and I loved it. I think the guys did a great job. Thanks to everyone that put that event together.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Staging Lane

Just wish it was alittle warmer! lol
I will be attending again next year!
Mike
Old 04-28-2008, 05:59 AM
Launching!

Big,Big thanks to Speed INc. Every year it gets bigger and better.One event that I look forward to every year.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Def. a great time! So many f-body's! At least we saw a good amount of cars doing some burnouts, until the cops showed up...does anyone know if the one guy didn't end up getting arrested....?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Wow i cant believe what this thread has turned into. Is some one really giving Speed inc crap for hosting the best open house most likely in the Country. Of course they might be thinking alittle bit about money, this is a business not a charity. I look forward to the open house every year and spend good money on tires every year just to have a good time and put on a little show. As far as speed not doing anything about burn outs, what do you expect when you put together 300 hundred hp crazy car freaks in front of a huge speed shop. Its all about the love of the sport, some times you have to pay to play.

Alex
+1.

BTW, awesome burnouts. By far my favorite burnout contestant of the day. Between the blow-off valve venting during throttle stabs and the frayed cords hanging from the tires afterwards it made for some great video.

Last edited by gnxs; 04-28-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Launching!

+2...
Old 04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MVI_1811.flv

Here is the last one i did. I dont think the tire liked this one.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc. Open House