Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got my car aligned today and its better but the rear is still a little lower than the front, the guy said is about 1/8 in. lower than the front. I haven't mounted up the CCW's but can I do the heater hose trick and also use the isolator to raise it up a tad bit? My 315/30's is about 1/8 in. taller than my 275/35's.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

an 1/8 in? I wouldn't even worry about it
Old 05-27-2008, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krobinson123
an 1/8 in? I wouldn't even worry about it
the only thing is when i put my CCW's on my car the rear tires are about 1/8 in. shorter than my front tires. and when i put my ccw's on my before i had it aligned when i drove it over around the block the fender came down and hit the top of tire so thats why im asking if i can do the heater hose trick and also use the isolater to avoid coming down and hitting the top of the tire. i havent put them on yet to see how much the height difference is yet before i had it aligned. and how do u know if its unsafe to drive on tire if the tire has been cut?
Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LTwonZ
Ben my car could use a tune but Bryan doesn't tune 93 chip cars like mine.
Forgot you had the speed density thing going on. Yeah, that would be up to Alvin not Bryan then.

Originally Posted by halucinator
Hey guys, I went ahead and did an appointment for tomorrow morning at maxtons so they can scan my car. They want $40 for it. Should I wait and see if Jeff can do it? I got beer for compensation. I might be leaving this sunday for Pennsylvania for military training and the firebird is the only car I got to take me there.
You are in need of a tune and fix now, I wouldn't wait until I or you could get ahold of Jeff. I'd look elsewhere for a scan, especially if you got possible training this weekend and only have the Firebird to get you there. Scanning it is just the half of it. If scanning it actually tells you what is wrong (sometimes it doesn't), then you still have to get it fixed as well. Good luck man.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
the only thing is when i put my CCW's on my car the rear tires are about 1/8 in. shorter than my front tires. and when i put my ccw's on my before i had it aligned when i drove it over around the block the fender came down and hit the top of tire so thats why im asking if i can do the heater hose trick and also use the isolater to avoid coming down and hitting the top of the tire. i havent put them on yet to see how much the height difference is yet before i had it aligned. and how do u know if its unsafe to drive on tire if the tire has been cut?
Why don't you just cut/rollthe fender lips so that it won't cut your tires???
Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

The heater hose mod is primarily used to lower the car by eliminating the rubber isolator and avoiding metal to metal contact. I'm sure someone makes a small/thin spacer that can be installed to raise the car. I found these...you could do the heater hose mod but add these to the bottom of the springs and see what happens height wise.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Mr.+Gasket/747385/10002/-1/10077

Last edited by SS1875; 05-27-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Why don't you just cut/rollthe fender lips so that it won't cut your tires???
Because that would be too easy.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

look into pedders suspension, they have spring insulators that vary in thickness.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS1875
The heater hose mod is primarily used to lower the car by eliminating the rubber isolator and avoiding metal to metal contact. I'm sure someone makes a small/thin spacer that can be installed to raise the car. I found these...you could do the heater hose mod but add these to the bottom of the springs and see what happens height wise.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Mr.+Gasket/747385/10002/-1/10077
thanks darren,
do these go on top of the springs or below the springs or in between the coils cuz i might look at into getting these since they are pretty cheap and my rears still are slightly lower than my fronts! i have already had my fenders done but i dont know if it will hit. it hit a tad bit before i had it aligned with my 315's on and the fender hit on top of the right tire but did not cut it. i talked to nate and he said he has the same tires as me and sits lower and he told me to go out of the driveway straight back instead of going out at an angle.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

thanks darren,
do these go on top of the springs or below the springs or in between the coils cuz i might look at into getting these since they are pretty cheap and my rears still are slightly lower than my fronts! i have already had my fenders done but i dont know if it will hit. it hit a tad bit before i had it aligned with my 315's on and the fender hit on top of the right tire but did not cut it. i talked to nate and he said he has the same tires as me and sits lower and he told me to go out of the driveway straight back instead of going out at an angle.

Looks to me like you could either put them underneath or in between the coils. I would call Jegs and ask one of the tech people before ordering. I agree with Nate, the angle will kill your tires...thats been proven already.

Last edited by SS1875; 05-28-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CALL911
You are in need of a tune and fix now, I wouldn't wait until I or you could get ahold of Jeff. I'd look elsewhere for a scan, especially if you got possible training this weekend and only have the Firebird to get you there. Scanning it is just the half of it. If scanning it actually tells you what is wrong (sometimes it doesn't), then you still have to get it fixed as well. Good luck man.
Well the fiance found a place that did it for free for me. Didn't realize but the guy was a family friend. Ill have to call switches and cancel the appointment on friday.

I got a Code 36:Opti-spark High resolution Pulse. Here is what the paper said he gave me.

Ignition system supplies 2 timing inputs to pcm, a high resolution signal (360 pulses per camshaft revolution) and a low resolution signal (8 pulses per camshaft revolution). PCM can determine if either timing input is not being received by comparing inputs. If PCM detects 40 low resolution pulse without detecting high pulse, code 36 will set. Reference Signal on resolution line toggles between zero and 5 volts as camshaft turns.

Now I wish I had the meter that we had at school so I can check to make sure its not a bad wire or ground. Hope its not an opti since I just replaced this one last year.

Also tomorrow, I might be getting some good news if the deal falls through on something else thats unrelated to cars.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

never mind about pedders, they only have the vintage and the 09.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:14 AM
11 Second Club

Well the fiance found a place that did it for free for me. Didn't realize but the guy was a family friend. Ill have to call switches and cancel the appointment on friday.

I got a Code 36:Opti-spark High resolution Pulse. Here is what the paper said he gave me.

Ignition system supplies 2 timing inputs to pcm, a high resolution signal (360 pulses per camshaft revolution) and a low resolution signal (8 pulses per camshaft revolution). PCM can determine if either timing input is not being received by comparing inputs. If PCM detects 40 low resolution pulse without detecting high pulse, code 36 will set. Reference Signal on resolution line toggles between zero and 5 volts as camshaft turns.

Now I wish I had the meter that we had at school so I can check to make sure its not a bad wire or ground. Hope its not an opti since I just replaced this one last year.

Also tomorrow, I might be getting some good news if the deal falls through on something else thats unrelated to cars.
Check you opti harness, Ive replaced multiples of them, right Ben
Old 05-28-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Check you opti harness, Ive replaced multiples of them, right Ben
I stuck a brand new one in when I put the opti in.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Supposedly sell a program that discounts for the doctor, dentist chiropractor. Mainly for people who can't afford insurance.
Did you google it correctly? This is what I came up with when I did it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

They are at 6520 W 110th St up by College. The Sprint campus is between 115th St and 119th St.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6Vixen
Did you google it correctly? This is what I came up with when I did it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

They are at 6520 W 110th St up by College. The Sprint campus is between 115th St and 119th St.
Probably not.

I found the problem though with the opti. I'm guessing I have some bent pins inside the opti causing it to push out on the harness. One of the little pins pushed out a metal clip inside the harness. So I need to fix the harness and the opti.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

ponyhntr Check Your Email Bud I Emailed You Yesturday!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 02:04 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
ponyhntr Check Your Email Bud I Emailed You Yesturday!!!!!!
Huh??? I can't hear you Rob.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:19 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regalgs
Well I had good intentions on coming to halls and on the way up I got pulled over for speeding Cop clocked me a 140mph on 469, lets just say it wasn't a good night after that. I won't be getting my car out of inpound at least until Tuesday after I go to court. NOT FUN.

hmmm....Your sig says A6, but the Z06 had manual tranny's...
28psi...hmmm....Norms car (the yellow first C6 Z06 LPE did the TT package on) makes 1100 rwhp on pump gas, and 1300 rwhp on 23 psi (race gas). This was a VERY special and expensive custom package, not an "off the shelf" package that you can get from LPE that is 800 bhp and now offered as a 1000 bhp package (race gas and boost controller). hmmm.... 800 bhp would be about 680-720 rwhp and 1000 bhp would be about 850-900 rwhp. This guy says hs is even more than this, and says it runs 29 psi. ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH LS7 MOTORS, AND F.I. APPLICATIONS KNOWS THIS IS WAAAAAYYYY TOO MUCH BOOST FOR THIS MOTOR, BUILT OR NOT.

I will bet this: No one will ever see this car because it doesn't exist. Period. This is some local fuckstick wanting to get a rise out of people. You will hear excuse after excuse out of this fuckstick and then NEVER see the car. I will take wagers on this if anyone is interested. Probably someone that Kdog pissed off on here, trying to act cool and make it seem like they have the big stick in town.

got pulled over doing 140 and got "inpounded". What a moron.

The real sad thing is the guys like CALL911 and Darren that have apologized to this ******* retard!!!!!! STOP BEING SO NICE WHEN OBVIOUSLY THIS IS SOME FUCKSTICK WANTING ATTENTION AND TRYING TO MESS WITH ALL OF YOU......

Am I really the only one who knows this? Really. I am that smart?

Oh, I also predict this idiot will start some verbal barrage against me and start talking about how much money he has as a banker etc.

Hell, this might even be someone with hands too big to drive a vette!

Oh, yeah, here is the best part...the pic this fuckstick included in his sig IS DIRECTLY FROM LPE WEBSITE...here is a link to it!!!

http://www.lingenfelter.com/class.htm

BUSTED another fuckstick on the internet, and did not apologize to him like SOME people on here!!!!

Remember, DON'T BE A *****

Last edited by SDB; 05-28-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

haha just wanted you to see it lol

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!