Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Terry
If you are running a 90mm I can take mine off and let you borrow it to see if it helps. Yes Jesse was able to work with me phone call after phone call trying to resolve my issues. And sure enough he hit the nail on the head with the TB. I sent it back to NW and he updated a lot of parts and now it is fine. One a side note side it was tuned for the TB that was defective so Jesse is going to reset some parameters so it fixes the low end drive ability as well I had some other small issues going on. 3 tuners later and 3 summers later my car is finally coming together WOT has never been a problem it was just low end drive ability and idle. So each summer I was taking my car back to Chad for the same reason really turned out to be a problem with the my car not his software or tuning . So maybe it would be a good idea for others to go back threw and double check there cars. I really honestly thought that my car was sound and it was in the tuning but I am quickly finding out that it was not the tuners for the most part! I say most part since my car actually drives like it has the stock ls1 not my 408 which was not possible with the other tunes. Now I do not agree with not getting a simple phone call back from Chad in a reasonable time frame. Come to think of it I never got a call back, but I guess that was asking too much.

But hey I am in good hands now.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Black02SS
The whole issue is travel. If you drove to XXX shop to have your car tuned and it wasn't to your satisifaction, what would you have to do for it to be fixed? Drive to XXX Shop. How is this any different?

Well considering you flat out told me to my face if I was to have anymore problems with my car you would drive to my house. Now Darren was down there with me when you said that. All I was asking was you to follow threw with what you say. Hell I even stated in the voice mails and to joe I would pay you for your time here and gas money.

Am I the only one you said that too or was these other people told the same thing???

But to answer you last question! that is how it is different.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snapps
Terry
If you are running a 90mm I can take mine off and let you borrow it to see if it helps. Yes Jesse was able to work with me phone call after phone call trying to resolve my issues. And sure enough he hit the nail on the head with the TB. I sent it back to NW and he updated a lot of parts and now it is fine. One a side note side it was tuned for the TB that was defective so Jesse is going to reset some parameters so it fixes the low end drive ability as well I had some other small issues going on. 3 tuners later and 3 summers later my car is finally coming together WOT has never been a problem it was just low end drive ability and idle. So each summer I was taking my car back to Chad for the same reason really turned out to be a problem with the my car not his software or tuning . So maybe it would be a good idea for others to go back threw and double check there cars. I really honestly thought that my car was sound and it was in the tuning but I am quickly finding out that it was not the tuners for the most part! I say most part since my car actually drives like it has the stock ls1 not my 408 which was not possible with the other tunes. Now I do not agree with not getting a simple phone call back from Chad in a reasonable time frame. Come to think of it I never got a call back, but I guess that was asking too much.

But hey I am in good hands now.
i might try to find a stock throttle body and maf and have it retuned...
Old 06-27-2008, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black02SS
The whole issue is travel. If you drove to XXX shop to have your car tuned and it wasn't to your satisifaction, what would you have to do for it to be fixed? Drive to XXX Shop. How is this any different?
It seems to me they have paid you to come here and tune there cars, not pay for a tune and then have to drive back and forth to kokomo to fix your problems. Just my opinion
Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Has anyone else seen this trailer? Looks hilarious..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ07JO-SaBc

But then again, The Happening looked good too.....I for one, will never see an M. Night Shamalam film again.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
It seems to me they have paid you to come here and tune there cars, not pay for a tune and then have to drive back and forth to kokomo to fix your problems. Just my opinion
(this message is not intended to make jph mad)
i agree, i wasted my money and lost a day of work. so i wasted $350.00 dollars and 10 hours of work. all this for a stock tune with 4 degrees of timing taken out, my cat codes on and shitty gas mileage and not to mention a slower car after a tune. sounds like someone wasted my time and my money! also my other car that was tuned has weird things going on with my trans. i will never drive to a shop so they can do nothing for my car besides make it slower.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bbsgtosscav
i agree, i wasted my money and lost a day of work. so i wasted $350.00 dollars and 10 hours of work. all this for a stock tune with 4 degrees of timing taken out, my cat codes on and shitty gas mileage and not to mention a slower car after a tune. sounds like someone wasted my time and my money! also my other car that was tuned has weird things going on with my trans. i will never drive to a shop so they can do nothing for my car besides make it slower.
NOT trying to Bash any shops But i just seen a ls1 ta go 13.0s tonight, with a tire,stall,gear,headers,cam,tune,ported tb, WTF we had a stock 02 camaro with a stall headers and a tire,nothing else was done at all stock air filter,drove it to US41 and went 12.4-12.3s alnight!!! also had a 2000 firebird had headers and a intake lid went 12.7s..

Last edited by kline454; 06-27-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kline454
NOT trying to Bash any shops But i just seen a ls1 ta go 13.0s tonight, with a tire,stall,gear,headers,cam,tune,ported tb, WTF we had a stock 02 camaro with a stall headers and a tire,nothing else was do at all stock air filter,drove it to US41 and went 12.4-12.3s alnight!!! also had a 2000 firebird had headers and a intake lid went 12.7s..
Was it a silver t/a? if so it was prolly clays99t/a
Old 06-27-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
Was it a silver t/a? if so it was prolly clays99t/a
THATS IT!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=kline454;9639248]THATS IT!!![/QUOTE cam install and tune by glm...they said it was faster than nates t/a but there is a second differance and 13 mph
Old 06-27-2008, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=CTS-V LEE;9639270]
THATS IT!!![/QUOTE cam install and tune by glm...they said it was faster than nates t/a but there is a second differance and 13 mph
I dont know what to say, if I put that together and it went 13s, I would burn the car down!! HELL LS1 is gods motor and my junk lt1 did better than 13s with those mods...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not going to get in the middle of this, and I do apologize for possibly starting all of this because I am in need of a tune for my LS1. I have never delt with Chad at GLM, or Jesse (wait4me). I have delt with the shop in Chicago (which will remain nameless), and although they did alright with my car (several years ago). I know personally at least a half dozen other cars that they either did a half *** job, screwed over in price, or performed horrible work, and one of my good friends had his Camaro set on fire by them! Now, at least they attempted to resolve all these issues, but I would not want to roll the dice and take the chance they would do any of this to my car.

The same goes for the tune. Bryan Herter has only ever gotten me perfect tunes (without ANY flaws) the first time, every time (he has done multiple tunes for different cars I have had over the years with different combos). He has never NEEDED to have to make things alright with me because he has never done anything wrong requiring him to do so. I don't know a ton on tuning (if I did, I would tune it myself). But I do know that my supercharged LT1 being on the stock PCM was a very difficult car to tune. Most tuners I asked about tuning it when Bryan was unavailable for the time frame I had did not have the experience to give me a good tune (at least they were honest). When Bryan did get the car, once again, he did a superior tune on it, and it has ran perfect ever since.

I had considered someone local to tune my LS1 car at first, however after I heard that multiple friends were needing "re-tunes", and having to get things fixed, it started sounding a lot like the shop in Chicago again. It was enough to make up my mind that I really wanted Bryan to tune my LS1 car, even if it meant me being burdoned by having to drive the car to PA. To me having piece of mind that when my car leaves the dyno shop, it will run perfect, and I won't ever have to worry about having anything "re-tuned" or "fixed" is well worth the drive, and inconvienence to get Bryan to do it. He is who I feel comfortable with.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CALL911
I'm not going to get in the middle of this, and I do apologize for possibly starting all of this because I am in need of a tune for my LS1. I have never delt with Chad at GLM, or Jesse (wait4me). I have delt with the shop in Chicago (which will remain nameless), and although they did alright with my car (several years ago). I know personally at least a half dozen other cars that they either did a half *** job, screwed over in price, or performed horrible work, and one of my good friends had his Camaro set on fire by them! Now, at least they attempted to resolve all these issues, but I would not want to roll the dice and take the chance they would do any of this to my car.

The same goes for the tune. Bryan Herter has only ever gotten me perfect tunes (without ANY flaws) the first time, every time (he has done multiple tunes for different cars I have had over the years with different combos). He has never NEEDED to have to make things alright with me because he has never done anything wrong requiring him to do so. I don't know a ton on tuning (if I did, I would tune it myself). But I do know that my supercharged LT1 being on the stock PCM was a very difficult car to tune. Most tuners I asked about tuning it when Bryan was unavailable for the time frame I had did not have the experience to give me a good tune (at least they were honest). When Bryan did get the car, once again, he did a superior tune on it, and it has ran perfect ever since.

I had considered someone local to tune my LS1 car at first, however after I heard that multiple friends were needing "re-tunes", and having to get things fixed, it started sounding a lot like the shop in Chicago again. It was enough to make up my mind that I really wanted Bryan to tune my LS1 car, even if it meant me being burdoned by having to drive the car to PA. To me having piece of mind that when my car leaves the dyno shop, it will run perfect, and I won't ever have to worry about having anything "re-tuned" or "fixed" is well worth the drive, and inconvienence to get Bryan to do it. He is who I feel comfortable with.
I just wanted to let everyone know that LS1 TA needs help i dont care who built it something is wrong!!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=CTS-V LEE;9639270]
THATS IT!!![/QUOTE cam install and tune by glm...they said it was faster than nates t/a but there is a second differance and 13 mph
terry what yall doing tonight
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** ecu's and tuning, go carb'd
Old 06-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bbsgtosscav
I guess the saying "You get what you pay for" isnt always true.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Anybody have the LS1 stock lower are box they want to sell. I need it for a Camaro not from a TA.

Thanks

D
Old 06-28-2008, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Beast
**** ecu's and tuning, go carb'd

Did you sell your car?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Regular

WOW, Why all of a sudden is everyone bashing GLM? He has done alot for us all and always is fair with priceing. I would not let anyone else touch my car. In fact mine is going down to Pat and Chad to finish mine up. What is the big deal about driving down to Kokomo? It takes like 1.5 hours. If you cant afford the gas get the hell out of the hobby!!!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Did you sell your car?
Nah, I still see Nick rollin along in the Beast every once in a while.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!