Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
**** ecu's and tuning, go carb'd

LOL that thought crossed my mind in the past
Old 06-28-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kline454
NOT trying to Bash any shops But i just seen a ls1 ta go 13.0s tonight, with a tire,stall,gear,headers,cam,tune,ported tb, WTF we had a stock 02 camaro with a stall headers and a tire,nothing else was done at all stock air filter,drove it to US41 and went 12.4-12.3s alnight!!! also had a 2000 firebird had headers and a intake lid went 12.7s..
I'm sure you are aware that weather conditions play a huge roll in times. Whats to say this car didn't go high 13's low 14's from the FACTORY. We have seen this several times. Saying that a header ls1 went 12-4's is believable, it is hard to believe coming from a guy that isn't honest with the Ft. Wayne crowd about his 383 LT1 spraying a 200 shot..... I suggest you stay out of this thread and our business until you are invited. Keep it to the streets Kline.

NONE of the cars we tune are done with OUR parts except for ONE! The one that we used the parts we wanted runs HARD. We can't make a car fast if the parts brought to us aren't a good combo. It is what it is. I'm not saying the parts are incorrect, I'm just saying that maybe some people don't want to spend the money for the better performing items.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
cam install and tune by glm...
Might want to get with JPH on your facts as they are no where close to being accurate. GLM didn't put this car together. We only tuned it. Pat assisted Joe on the install of parts that Clay/JPH selected.

Last edited by Black02SS; 06-28-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
i could use a retune
I told Joe if you want it re-tuned, I'll do it for free if you bring it here. Just let me know.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:38 AM
8 Second Club

Wow.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I suggest you stay out of this thread and our business until you are invited. Keep it to the streets Kline.
Welcome to the thread kline you are now invited lol
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you are aware that weather conditions play a huge roll in times. Whats to say this car didn't go high 13's low 14's from the FACTORY. We have seen this several times. Saying that a header ls1 went 12-4's is believable, it is hard to believe coming from a guy that isn't honest with the Ft. Wayne crowd about his 383 LT1 spraying a 200 shot..... I suggest you stay out of this thread and our business until you are invited. Keep it to the streets Kline.

NONE of the cars we tune are done with OUR parts except for ONE! The one that we used the parts we wanted runs HARD. We can't make a car fast if the parts brought to us aren't a good combo. It is what it is. I'm not saying the parts are incorrect, I'm just saying that maybe some people don't want to spend the money for the better performing items.
I don't know what to say anymore guys. I have duplicated "other" combos, made my "own", guessed and flatout have tried a few weird things, and I can tell you, that there is alot of BULLSHIT hp/trq numbers, as well as track times. Chad and Pat did not put this combo together, it was more of left over parts, like mikes old headers/y, robs old 224 cam, used fuddle convertor, etc.. I am not a DUMMY, when it comes to building engines or camshafts. Clays car did not perform like it was suppose to, nor does alot of other cars on here. Clays car, is the same combo hundreds of other people use, and it's not performing and I don't know why. I am going to check this car out tonight and see what might be wrong. I seem to be the that everyone looks up to for advice, and I'm sorry if I have let you all down. We can all point blame towards the tuner or engine builder/car builder, but it's not always are fault. Some cars perform, some cars don't.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snapps
Welcome to the thread kline you are now invited lol
Thanks..
Old 06-28-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JPH
I'm sorry if I have let you all down. We can all point blame towards the tuner or engine builder/car builder, but it's not always are fault. Some cars perform, some cars don't.
I couldn't have said it better Joe.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

haha your a joke!! All im saying if you are going to be tuning cars you mite want to stand behind your work it says a lot when you do, for example we worked on a chevelle it went to the track and wasnt running right we stopped what we where doing to check it out and see what was wrong, i think a little time put in making things right says alot to others and maybe if you did that you wouldnt have your local guys going to PA to get a GOOD tune.. But what do i know its not like my back yard built lt1 runs....
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks..

I hope you all make it back down here some time. I would like to see this nasty LTx in person. Hell I am sure you will run me down but I will go out and run with ya guys

Edit!! Just make sure you make you trip down here when my car is not getting some paint work done to it. IT will be with the painter for 3-4 weeks.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snapps
I hope you all make it back down here some time. I would like to see this nasty LTx in person. Hell I am sure you will run me down but I will go out and run with ya guys

Edit!! Just make sure you make you trip down here when my car is not getting some paint work done to it. IT will be with the painter for 3-4 weeks.
yea im going to try. The motor in my car is 2years old and getting tired,and i cant get the car to hook..but ill run you should be fun, thats what its all about.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

haha your a joke!! All im saying if you are going to be tuning cars you mite want to stand behind your work it says a lot when you do, for example we worked on a chevelle it went to the track and wasnt running right we stopped what we where doing to check it out and see what was wrong, i think a little time put in making things right says alot to others and maybe if you did that you wouldnt have your local guys going to PA to get a GOOD tune.. But what do i know its not like my back yard built lt1 runs....
Never once have I said that I wouldn't fix ANY of these cars. Once again, pay attention.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Never once have I said that I wouldn't fix ANY of these cars. Once again, pay attention.
So how many of these cars need "fixed" ?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

Wow. I guess it's open season on GLM, now? Seems people are upset they have to drive for little ways for a retune? Hey, news flash, tuning isn't an exact science. There are dozens and dozens of combinations out there. I'm sure other tuners have had to do re-tunes, too. Although it's inconvenient to shuttle the car to Kokomo, where else are you going to go? Warsaw? Chicago? Pennsylvania? Kokomo is closer than all but Warsaw or Columbia City (EPP). You're maybe talking a hour (round trip) longer to take the car to GLM. I'll stick with them. Thanks.

As for the South Bend guys. My GLM-tuned street car with a "small" shot runs just fine, thank you. I look forward to your return trip to FW.

I'll see you guys @ JK Odennells tonight. It'll probably be raining so it's time.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Teching In

So all they need to do is take the car to Kokomo and get it sorted out?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Wow. I guess it's open season on GLM, now? Seems people are upset they have to drive for little ways for a retune? Hey, news flash, tuning isn't an exact science. There are dozens and dozens of combinations out there. I'm sure other tuners have had to do re-tunes, too. Although it's inconvenient to shuttle the car to Kokomo, where else are you going to go? Warsaw? Chicago? Pennsylvania? Kokomo is closer than all but Warsaw or Columbia City (EPP). You're maybe talking a hour (round trip) longer to take the car to GLM. I'll stick with them. Thanks.

As for the South Bend guys. My GLM-tuned street car with a "small" shot runs just fine, thank you. I look forward to your return trip to FW.

I'll see you guys @ JK Odennells tonight. It'll probably be raining so it's time.
Thanks. We really appreciate it Scott.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Starfire1
So all they need to do is take the car to Kokomo and get it sorted out?
Yes. Has been like that from the start. Never really had to have anyone come down though out of the dozens of Ft. Wayne cars we have tuned in the past. It hasn't been an issue for any of the other customers we have.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMMillwright

I wouldnt mind racing your GLM tuned street car with my me tuned street car
Old 06-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Yes. Has been like that from the start. Never really had to have anyone come down though out of the dozens of Ft. Wayne cars we have tuned in the past. It hasn't been an issue for any of the other customers we have.

Sounds like people just need to make the trip and get it right.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!