Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Thanks. We really appreciate it Scott.
You're welcome. You've done fine by me. I especially appreciated the fact that when the fuel pump hose decided to go to splitsville in two places, Pat diagnosed it and repaired it quickly. In fact, I didn't even have to adjust my pick up time. I don't know if any other "part time" tuner would have been able to do that.

If the weather cooperates, I'm planning on Muncie Wednesday night. I'm anxious to see how much faster it is now.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Yes. Has been like that from the start. Never really had to have anyone come down though out of the dozens of Ft. Wayne cars we have tuned in the past. It hasn't been an issue for any of the other customers we have.
Chad I dont have a problem with you or your tunes, I just wish when you did the tune day you wouldnt try to make it a all out tune party when you try to beat the world record on how many you tune!!!! I would of paid you to fix my car, money is not the object, you declined my offer which is nice of you. But when you guys go out tune the car come back and I drive it and it stalls comin up to lights and **** like that i am not happy (which it still does, i have changed how i drive the car, i now put it in neutral and coast to stop lights so it doest stall out). Then too come back tell you bout it and you tell me its my DRIVING STYLE while txtn your wife for the 1,000,000th time that day just pissed me the **** off!!! Thats complete bullshit, thats like ordering a hamburger from mcdonalds and it taste like **** but they tell you no its the way your eating it!!!! Come on man. I am willing to let you fix my car, i have faith you can do it and it will be right, but i am not goin to drive to kokomo leave my car so you can do that, I'd rather pay for your gas up here, hell ill even let u stay over night at my house i dont care. But thats just my rant.....I am open for you to fix it, like me and joe discussed on july 26th.....I need to drive the car so you can see what it is doing while i am driving....just my opinion.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Did you sell your car?
If only, I just jacked up my sig, got pissed, and left it as is for now lol

Originally Posted by Azar
Nah, I still see Nick rollin along in the Beast every once in a while.
Stuntin is a habit
Old 06-28-2008, 11:59 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Wheres ROMOAN?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess I'll have to chime in too. My GLM tuned car runs perfect. I have no idea how fast it is but as far as driving it's like stock. Which was all I cared about. So at this point I am completely satisfied with my tune. Although I will need another one here sometime. I am sure though if I take it to them when they have enough time it will be fine. I agree with Robby on one point though. Too many cars in one weekend is just a bad idea for everyone. There should be a limit. That way Chad and Pat have enough time to sort out our crap and they aren't pressed for time to get back home. Oh, and maybe letting the owner drive with the tuner after they have mostly finished up so that it get's approved before calling it done. That way GLM has the owner's approval and doesn't have to worry. Just my .02.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Wow. I guess it's open season on GLM, now? Seems people are upset they have to drive for little ways for a retune? Hey, news flash, tuning isn't an exact science. There are dozens and dozens of combinations out there. I'm sure other tuners have had to do re-tunes, too. Although it's inconvenient to shuttle the car to Kokomo, where else are you going to go? Warsaw? Chicago? Pennsylvania? Kokomo is closer than all but Warsaw or Columbia City (EPP). You're maybe talking a hour (round trip) longer to take the car to GLM. I'll stick with them. Thanks.

As for the South Bend guys. My GLM-tuned street car with a "small" shot runs just fine, thank you. I look forward to your return trip to FW.

I'll see you guys @ JK Odennells tonight. It'll probably be raining so it's time.
I AM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. I TRUST THEM COMPLETELY AND MY CAR RUNS GREAT. THEY ARE PUTTING THE FINISHING TOUCHES ON MINE NEXT WEEK.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JPH
Wheres ROMOAN?

MY GOD JOE.. ITS RAMON!!!!

And what about me? What no one can be mad at me for saying something. Something needed to be said. Its gone almost 2 months and no one has done anything.. Did I get my car tuned by GLM? No. Did I really want to get charged 275 dollars for a tune to get my codes out and a tranny tune? NO. But Enough is enough.

My thing is... If you pay for a tune and You get a piece of ****.... You have a tuned piece of ****. Still ****. **** stinks

If its not a big deal for us to drive to him..... WHY IS IT A BIG DEAL FOR HIM TO COME TO US.......

Think about this logically. They did not come up here for free. They made their money. How much did they make? JPH chime in here. anywhere from 75-275 a car... How many cars did they do 20? What the hell. You guys tried to fit in so many cars that you were turning people away.. And You leave the hardest cars (Nates and Robs) For the last hooorah at 8PM at night on the last night? THATS STUPID!!! But by golly you sure did get in those 4 tranny tunes before hand at 75 bux a pop. GLM got paid. And now is being lazy. **** it.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ

And what about me? What no one can be mad at me for saying something. Something needed to be said. Its gone almost 2 months and no one has done anything.. Did I get my car tuned by GLM? No. Did I really want to get charged 275 dollars for a tune to get my codes out and a tranny tune? NO. But Enough is enough.

My thing is... If you pay for a tune and You get a piece of ****.... You have a tuned piece of ****. Still ****. **** stinks

If its not a big deal for us to drive to him..... WHY IS IT A BIG DEAL FOR HIM TO COME TO US.......

Think about this logically. They did not come up here for free. They made their money. How much did they make? JPH chime in here. anywhere from 75-275 a car... How many cars did they do 20? What the hell. You guys tried to fit in so many cars that you were turning people away.. And You leave the hardest cars (Nates and Robs) For the last hooorah at 8PM at night on the last night? THATS STUPID!!! But by golly you sure did get in those 4 tranny tunes before hand at 75 bux a pop. GLM got paid. And now is being lazy. **** it.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:01 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Alright ROMOAN, you started a war now, now it's time for me to step in here.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Well I just hope everyone knows that I won't blame anyone for the way my car ran last night. Whatever the deal was I know we'll get it worked out and I'm more than happy to have the same people work on and tune my car that have been all along.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:45 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

I know Chad better than most people on this board, we have been friends and my tuner for 3 years+. So chad and I go back a few. I agree that some people on this thread/board had or have issues with there tune and he and I understand that, but you guys have to realize that we "BOTH" do not do this for a living/fulltime, it is more like a hobby for ous. You are bound to have flaws and ***** ups now and then on things. I agree rob/nate do have issues, but I have been in both cars, logging and riding in them, and I got to say: for being supposely phucked up tunes, these cars sure run HARD as hell! We all, including myself had bad feeling after the tune party last month, because of the problems people started experincing after there tunes. I agree that we scheduled "WAY" to many cars that weekend, but that's what the doctor ordered. The problems that most people are experincing are tune related I believe, and they will be addressed shortly. I have spoken to every party involved, and have aggreed to do whatever it takes to make the problems go away. Chads schedule with 2 jobs, 1 wife, 3 kids and going to school is very crazy for him, so I see why he would want everyone to come down to him, but on the other hand, chad knows what I provide year after year for him, so he will make time(presumingly)to come back up and address issues. I am not here to pick sides or throw stones, I have listened to everyones complaint, and have talked amongst myself and chad on how to come to a conclusion. I have made offers to the ones who have issues, and have been declined on some of them. The "BOTTOM LINE IS", if you have or think you have a "BAD TUNE", don't drive the car, it will only make the problem worse, and shorten the engines lifespan.

Last edited by JPH; 06-28-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Any guys goin to halls tonight? Looks like i get to go have fun with some gocarts then head over there for a bit to check out some cars. Ill probably be in the 150 horse power F1 procharged 03 cobra.. Ohh snapps, ill look for you also tonight.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
Any guys goin to halls tonight? Looks like i get to go have fun with some gocarts then head over there for a bit to check out some cars. Ill probably be in the 150 horse power F1 procharged 03 cobra.. Ohh snapps, ill look for you also tonight.
Just give me a shout on the cell if I am not around there when you are.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snapps
I hope you all make it back down here some time. I would like to see this nasty LTx in person. Hell I am sure you will run me down but I will go out and run with ya guys

Edit!! Just make sure you make you trip down here when my car is not getting some paint work done to it. IT will be with the painter for 3-4 weeks.

DRIVER MOD your 408 should be hard to catch.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS1875
Damn your brutal!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS1875

FACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Damn your brutal!
If thats not the pot calling the kettle black

And are you making a appearance tonight?

Last edited by Snapps; 06-28-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: add question
Old 06-28-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the offer chad...we will see...im not bashing u...my car is a hard one to tune...joe!!! Are u fkn kidding me this isnt ur life? WTF do u day n night...u have a race car bed...enough said
Old 06-28-2008, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snapps
If thats not the pot calling the kettle black

And are you making a appearance tonight?
I might for a bit here this evening, I'm not feeling that great
Old 06-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

this is getting good, ill start tuning cars with a leap frog. any takers

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!