Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
As usual, Shawn is right. The car has a base tune, however it is rich (most of this is probably due to the fact that the spark plugs are fouled out, and the oxygen sensors are toast). In any case, I would much rather trailor it, than drive it. However, as of right now, I don't have a trailor (or can't get one for cheep enough to make it worth it), so I'll probably end up driving it to PA

I'm not really worried about the bad idle for the trip as it will mostly be a highway trip. I am however concerned as every once in a while I will get a very bad surge (possibly cam surge) in the car while driving it through the gears or even trying to hold it at highway speeds. It will shake a sputter pretty bad, and to have that occur on a 300+ mile trip to PA at 3 a.m. in the morning on its way to the tune is not something I am going to feel very comfortable with.

If you want help on the drive Ben I'd help you out, Its not as bad as you think (When are you leaving?). I'm leaving tomorrow for Indiana and I'm hitting over 550 miles. I'm surprised you wouldn't take it to chicago?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halucinator
If you want help on the drive Ben I'd help you out, Its not as bad as you think (When are you leaving?). I'm leaving tomorrow for Indiana and I'm hitting over 550 miles. I'm surprised you wouldn't take it to chicago?
Why the fck would he take it to Chicago?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2000NHRAFormula
will someone either pm me and let me know what happen or just post it up on here i was not around when that one happened...
Long story. I offered to fix Rob's car as I didn't have the time to do it when I was in Ft. Wayne. I do not have the time or resources to drive up there to do it when it was a free retune to begin with. I informed him when I was there that I didn't know what the problem was and if he wanted to bring it to Kokomo, I'd gladly take a look at it. Rob's car does have drivability issues and I admit that. From what Joe tell's me it was fine before the intake and TB swap.

Nate's car needs to have a tps code raised as when I raised it on the tune day it wasn't enough. He also complains of now his oxygen sensors are bad and it wasn't like that before the tune. (sensors were a year old). I offered to take care of everything after I heard about it 2nd hand. Again, he wants me to travel to Ft. Wayne when I did his tune as a discounted rate. I have tuned several cars the same way I tuned his and have never had an issue, but offered to fix the problem.

I have offered to fix both cars if they simply bring them to me. Both have declined. My offer still stands.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
CHAD I WONDER WHY.....
Thats funny!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Long story. I offered to fix Rob's car as I didn't have the time to do it when I was in Ft. Wayne. I do not have the time or resources to drive up there to do it when it was a free retune to begin with. I informed him when I was there that I didn't know what the problem was and if he wanted to bring it to Kokomo, I'd gladly take a look at it. Rob's car does have drivability issues and I admit that. From what Joe tell's me it was fine before the intake and TB swap.

Nate's car needs to have a tps code raised as when I raised it on the tune day it wasn't enough. He also complains of now his oxygen sensors are bad and it wasn't like that before the tune. (sensors were a year old). I offered to take care of everything after I heard about it 2nd hand. Again, he wants me to travel to Ft. Wayne when I did his tune as a discounted rate. I have tuned several cars the same way I tuned his and have never had an issue, but offered to fix the problem.

I have offered to fix both cars if they simply bring them to me. Both have declined. My offer still stands.
I guess what I dont understand is why you don't come back up if there is more then 1 person who is having difficulties with your tunes... Wouldn't it make more sense for you to drive to us rather then us drive to you? Why would we put 4x the amount of gas in our vehicles to drive to you when we payed you to come to us... Weird.. Maybe thats why Ben is drving all the way to PA to get a tune. I don't know, these are just thoughts though.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
TECH Resident

Also considering that I know of three other cars that you tuned that weekend that either went to another place to get their cars tuned or reverted back to their old tune... You still have their money right? Just another observation.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

So take the 575 dollars you made off of those three people and put 75 dollars in your tank to drive up here and fix it. Maybe you'll save face around here, But once again just an observation. (how much did you make that weekend?)
Old 06-27-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by halucinator
I have driven 1100 miles straight without stopping for anything other than gas before. Trust me, this little 300 mile trip will be a joke to drive. It's just the chance I am taking by driving the car there, thats all. Thats why I need a trailor.

Again, I need someone I can trust. There is no one in the local area that I trust to do it, and I certainly don't trust the company you are most likely refferring to in Chicago to tune it. Bryan is who I am willing to drive to, even if its all the way out in PA.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

Whos the company in Chicago, I guess don't say if they are a sponsor
Old 06-27-2008, 07:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by krobinson123
Whos the company in Chicago, I guess don't say if they are a sponsor
We won't say then.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Is arranging a ride down to Kokomo inconvenient? Sure. Is it worth it to me to have the same person work on my car? Yep. Am I happy with the results? Yes, again. My understanding is that Chad is working at least 2 jobs and is very busy with "life". I was willing to work around both of our very busy schedules to get my car retuned. Just my $.02.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ
So take the 575 dollars you made off of those three people and put 75 dollars in your tank to drive up here and fix it. Maybe you'll save face around here, But once again just an observation. (how much did you make that weekend?)
It's ALL being taken care of romoan. Me and Chad talk on daily basis, and have figured out on how to correct this situation. I have made offers to both partys myself and one has obliged and the other declined so far. Chad is willing to fix these cars and make it right with everyone. I just need both sides to get together and meet somewhere and it will be handled.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Joe PM sent to you.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I am not involved in this since I sold my LS1 car! But...I will say that Chad and Pat have always done great work on my car. Tune was perfect, drove great, etc. I hope it all gets resolved.

Dont foget tomorrow at 7pm (Saturday) J.K. OdOnells, I talked to Kenny and Terry (turbo regal Terry, not the white corvette Terry), and they are going, and probably one of my buddies that is a confinement officer with the Jail. Should be a great turnout! I had lunch there Thursday....bagers and mash...very good stuff! If your a man, get a Murphys Stout to drink, if your a little girl like me, try a Strongbow hard cider...

SDB
Old 06-27-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JPH
It's ALL being taken care of romoan. Me and Chad talk on daily basis, and have figured out on how to correct this situation. I have made offers to both partys myself and one has obliged and the other declined so far. Chad is willing to fix these cars and make it right with everyone. I just need both sides to get together and meet somewhere and it will be handled.
i could use a retune
Old 06-27-2008, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
i could use a retune
I thought wait4me took the shakes out for ya
Old 06-27-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
I thought wait4me took the shakes out for ya
At wide open throttle....still stumbles low rpm and when its cold it runs like ****...im not bashing anyone...i think chad n pat are great and i just went to jesse to see if i could get anymore outa my tune...jesse was cheap so it was worth a shot...it ran good but i think my 85mm truck maf could be hurting me...it has no screen in it...my car is hit or miss...one day its good...next day it blows
Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
At wide open throttle....still stumbles low rpm and when its cold it runs like ****...im not bashing anyone...i think chad n pat are great and i just went to jesse to see if i could get anymore outa my tune...jesse was cheap so it was worth a shot...it ran good but i think my 85mm truck maf could be hurting me...it has no screen in it...my car is hit or miss...one day its good...next day it blows

Do you have an after market TB?? Snapps found out his TB was not operating correctly, so now Jesse needs to raise the parameters on the IAC. Snapps is/was having issues down low at idle as well. Just a thought for you. PM him he could tell you more about it.

D
Old 06-27-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS1875
Do you have an after market TB?? Snapps found out his TB was not operating correctly, so now Jesse needs to raise the parameters on the IAC. Snapps is/was having issues down low at idle as well. Just a thought for you. PM him he could tell you more about it.

D
when pat did my cam he said someone did a real shitty port job on my throttlebody so maybe thats why...jesse said i need a stock maf with a screen....my car has potential coz when it runs good its real strong but lately its been weak
Old 06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ
I guess what I dont understand is why you don't come back up if there is more then 1 person who is having difficulties with your tunes... Wouldn't it make more sense for you to drive to us rather then us drive to you? Why would we put 4x the amount of gas in our vehicles to drive to you when we payed you to come to us... Weird.. Maybe thats why Ben is drving all the way to PA to get a tune. I don't know, these are just thoughts though.
I am only going to adress this one time as I don't want to see another Ft. Wayne thread get locked. You obviously have no idea what is going on. Nor do I think you have ever had your vehicle tuned by me. If there is more, then I'd like to hear about them. I speak to Joe on a daily basis and I am only aware of the one's mentioned above. I have told Rob that the reason I wanted his car is because I don't know exactly what his problem is or how long it will take to fix. It could take more then one afternoon to diagnose and fix a problem.

If the others reading have a problem with your vehicle that I have tuned, shoot me a PM. I'm not declining to fix these cars. The whole issue is travel. If you drove to XXX shop to have your car tuned and it wasn't to your satisifaction, what would you have to do for it to be fixed? Drive to XXX Shop. How is this any different?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!