Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saturnman
jerry dont talk sh** about a car u dont know about...and u had no were near a mile on me suck u had to have the mods to put about car and half on a saturn with basic mods
Sorry about the confusion, I was comparing your car to the skittle.

Not to my car. Didn't mean to upset anyone.

Last edited by Lunatic5oh; 09-02-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised by how many people don't do all their own work. Not saying that's bad at all, just surprising.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

JPH and Nate, the brakes are bled.....but man does this rearend need to be centered side to side and front to back. Ready for the clutch and fire in the hole!!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I'm surprised by how many people don't do all their own work. Not saying that's bad at all, just surprising.
I am not suprised. Its common now just drop it off and pick it up when its done.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

If your adding me to this bunch...here is my reply to you. Most of this I can do however due to my back issues, I've had to rely on help from others....also there are some things I don't know anything about and prefer not to F it up.

In closing, not everyone can be as skilled as you. You are blessed with a mechanical aptitude and I give you, Nate, Joe etc. a lot of respect for that...doesn't mean I and others don't posses something you don't...fair enough??
Old 09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS1875
JPH and Nate, the brakes are bled.....but man does this rearend need to be centered side to side and front to back. Ready for the clutch and fire in the hole!!
NO leaks? You ready to fire it? Bill Davis will handle the rearend setup for you.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your adding me to this bunch...here is my reply to you. Most of this I can do however due to my back issues, I've had to rely on help from others....also there are some things I don't know anything about and prefer not to F it up.

In closing, not everyone can be as skilled as you. You are blessed with a mechanical aptitude and I give you, Nate, Joe etc. a lot of respect for that...doesn't mean I and others don't posses something you don't...fair enough??
Hey now, it wasn't supposed to be a slam. I know you've got back problems and such.

Didn't mean for that to sound uppity; I quite literally was just surprised how many people have others working on their stuff; it drives me crazy to NOT do things myself (though, as I suck horridly at welding, I have others more talented do that, but, I'm learning, so that someday I can do that myself as well).

I think the inter-web loses the meaning of my posts from time to time.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
NO leaks? You ready to fire it? Bill Davis will handle the rearend setup for you.

No leaks, it took us an hour and 20 minutes to get all of the air out of the system. Did the initial bleed and then rechecked it a second time...Cyndi said the peddle only goes down about an 1-2"...hard to push. I checked all of the lines as we went and while I was topping off the Master Cylinder.

The wheels look rather funny right now...I should probably try and get them a little more centered before driving it....to be safe!

Lets FIRE her up and see what happens. Get your butt over here!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Teching In

no no blake i totally get you on that one. i'm like beast though too, i'll ask a million questions before i make a decision, indecisive? eh maybe, more or less extremely picky. i'm not the most skilled automotive person in the world, but gettin a custom turbo kit on my other ride with some buddies in 36 hours was pretty badass (custom meaning we had a turbo, a manifold kit, and some pipe). i'm the first one to admit i have no idea what i'm doing w/ a v-8, and that's part of the reason i haven't touched the vette i honestly don't know what direction to take it. but back to your comment, i think you were getting at people dropping off their cars and not even being present for whats happening. i don't have a problem with someone else working on/or helping me w/ my cars, especially if i don't know what to do, but i want to see and be involved with the process.

in conclusion i concur
Old 09-02-2008, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Hey now, it wasn't supposed to be a slam. I know you've got back problems and such.

Didn't mean for that to sound uppity; I quite literally was just surprised how many people have others working on their stuff; it drives me crazy to NOT do things myself (though, as I suck horridly at welding, I have others more talented do that, but, I'm learning, so that someday I can do that myself as well).

I think the inter-web loses the meaning of my posts from time to time.
That's cool...which is why I a gave you your props for what you can do. I think more and more people are going to start doing their own stuff because of the Economy... it used to be people could rely on trained professionals and didn't care to learn how to do their own maintenance...times are changing.
I wish I could do it all...god knows I try...maybe someday. I've been thinking about taking some welding classes...would love to know how to do it.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

No leaks, it took us an hour and 20 minutes to get all of the air out of the system. Did the initial bleed and then rechecked it a second time...Cyndi said the peddle only goes down about an 1-2"...hard to push. I checked all of the lines as we went and while I was topping off the Master Cylinder.

The wheels look rather funny right now...I should probably try and get them a little more centered before driving it....to be safe!

Lets FIRE her up and see what happens. Get your butt over here!!
What's for dinner? LOL
Old 09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm a ricer, what do you expect

Originally Posted by thedarkness
no no blake i totally get you on that one. i'm like beast though too, i'll ask a million questions before i make a decision, indecisive? eh maybe, more or less extremely picky. i'm not the most skilled automotive person in the world, but gettin a custom turbo kit on my other ride with some buddies in 36 hours was pretty badass (custom meaning we had a turbo, a manifold kit, and some pipe). i'm the first one to admit i have no idea what i'm doing w/ a v-8, and that's part of the reason i haven't touched the vette i honestly don't know what direction to take it. but back to your comment, i think you were getting at people dropping off their cars and not even being present for whats happening. i don't have a problem with someone else working on/or helping me w/ my cars, especially if i don't know what to do, but i want to see and be involved with the process.

in conclusion i concur
My theory is: If you do it half assed, you're gonna be half fast. Learn all you can from the extermely knowledgable around you, then put that knowledge to good use in your own set up.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

No excuses here, I just have too much god damn money for my own good.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by thedarkness

in conclusion i concur
Heres a cam I've been thinking of for you?
Custom Crane(what else) 22X/23X .59X/.60X 11X+X (LSHS/HR5)

Last edited by JPH; 09-02-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Teching In

WOW thats pretty funny that you are sayin that he dident pull hard form tom gtp cause of the numbers he put down UNTUNED all i have to say is wait for him to get 3rd get and we will see how hard he pulls for you
hey planet-boy, I was asking what the deal was with the car, I'd expect something with 400 whp to walk away from a stock GTP faster than that. Now that I know it doesn't have third gear then i totally understand why it wasn't the blowout I was expecting. I was going to come up and race if after the two of them went flying by me, but they decided for some god forsaken reason to get off at 14.

sure, when he gets his third gear fixed ill race him, from a low roll or a dig. apparently him winning means more to you than it does me.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
hey planet-boy
best thing you've said on here
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Teching In

WOW thats pretty funny that you are sayin that he dident pull hard form tom gtp cause of the numbers he put down UNTUNED all i have to say is wait for him to get 3rd get and we will see how hard he pulls for you
It will still be slow, but keep swining tarzan.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wondered why people didn't do their own psychological/educational/neruological/academic/emotional assessments...why pay someone for that??? Everyone should do their own mental health assessment and treatment, if not your a *****!!!

I love the mentality of build it yourself or else it isnt yours...always killed me! Build it yourself usually means put some parts on a car. Who "built" your block, did you forge it? Did you design the suspension parts your throwing on with tools that someone else designed and built? I put some parts on my Camaro, and paid friends who are mechanics to do the other 90%!

I will say this...in my 18 years of having fast cars and racing/modifying, etc...the fastest cars are almost always the ones that someone had outside work done on...not too many "home built" cars were at the top of the list that I ever saw. There is a reason for that...

I think its cool if you do as much as you can, but to insinuate that if you didn't build it yourself, it somehow doesn't count is as hillbilly as it gets!! I guess I will put a statement in my sig "If you didn't go to school for a long time and don't make six figures and pay someone to work on your car then it doesn't count"

Doing your own work is relaxing to a point, but if you get serious, you will need the experience and talent of someone who does it for a living. Anyone of us here with an air compressor and some grinding tools could port an intake, TB, or even heads...however I would rather pay Al to do it though!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
hey planet-boy, I was asking what the deal was with the car, I'd expect something with 400 whp to walk away from a stock GTP faster than that. Now that I know it doesn't have third gear then i totally understand why it wasn't the blowout I was expecting. I was going to come up and race if after the two of them went flying by me, but they decided for some god forsaken reason to get off at 14.

sure, when he gets his third gear fixed ill race him, from a low roll or a dig. apparently him winning means more to you than it does me.
hes not going to pull hard when hes not on it thats what im tryin to say but it is all good just wait till it has the next mods and i want to see how many people call him out in person!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Teching In

things that aren't exactly rocket science I've done on my own, rebuilding my motor and trans were the only things i've ever had outside help with. I'm still learning the basics of tuning so i dont dare flash a map I've made without having one of my friends who has been doing it for years look it over.

Backyard mechanics are always preaching about the pride of doing things themselves, but bottom line, its hard to beat the quality of a knowledgeable engine builder. If I had the money, any car i had would definitely be 100% shop built.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!