Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Add more people
i would go if my ish wasn't stock.....next year?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Azar

Lucas,

Are you seriously asking that on a LS1 website? Hahaha. It should be a really, REALLY close race. He may get you on the basis that he has more torque but really it will most likely come down to the driver mod, do you haz it?
I was actually asking you guys to take a look at hp and trq and how his extra torque will handle the extra weight. Maybe i shouldnt have posted that it was another ford i was racing.

Originally Posted by 03cobra545
I remember seeing a race similar to this awhile back. mustang gt with KB 1.7 vs. a pullied 03' cobra. The gt won, I would guess because of the more efficient KB supercharger against the eaton.

I would put my money on you (if I remember right you have a KB too), the fact that its a heavier vert would seal the deal assuming your both decent drivers.
I would think that this would be true, but only after a couple of runs so that his heat exhanger is soaked. eaton = heat = less timing and power? more torque though....

Originally Posted by thedarkness
or should one of us GM guys bring our toolz?
Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I'd put my money on your car Lucas. It should be a close race regardless. And since you're racing another Ford, you don't need to bring along your tools!
unless you drive a flatbed, i think that your in the clear. Good thing about GM's is that most times when i have been around, they are able to be fixed on the side of the road. Thats not so true with my ford. When it breaks, its broke! No amount of nrigging will get it home.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
unless you drive a flatbed, i think that your in the clear. Good thing about GM's is that most times when i have been around, they are able to be fixed on the side of the road. Thats not so true with my ford. When it breaks, its broke! No amount of nrigging will get it home.

lawlz and ur proving to be quite the goodwrench
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Here is the List of People Going as of 9/17
Joe
Nate
Clay
Drew(clays brother)not azar
Cody
Pat
Pat's friend name?
Pat's friend name?
more updates on rooms for shootout

looks like were gonna need another room soon
Old 09-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Blake-ipedia did you still wanna trade my 15lber for ur 10lber? If so i'll bring it up to halls whatever night ur gonna be out there (forecast says good weather so i know where i'll be this weekend ) I would really really really like to conceal the bottle and retain the ability of actually removing the targa
Old 09-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Teching In

hey beast these are the turbo mani's i was talkin to you about yesterday...its not a bad setup but i'm sure rmfk and blake-ipedia will work out something stellar. anywayz it's an idea as to how urs could work out

Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I was actually asking you guys to take a look at hp and trq and how his extra torque will handle the extra weight.
Oh Lucas, I was just messing with you. I have no brand loyalty whatsoever, and I feel that the addition of you (as well as Cobb & Jerry) is awesome to our little thread here. I don't care what you drive as long as it's relatively fast and you're not a complete tool.

See, your ish be fast and you're not an idiot. So you're in the clear. The same can't be said for Saturn Boy, wherever he is. Or when I drive my Subaru or Rolla...then I'm slow and a tool.

EDIT: Once again, we are the biggest thread in the midwest section.

Last edited by Azar; 09-17-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Teching In

azar= not a tool team gm 4 lifezzz
Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by thedarkness
hey beast these are the turbo mani's i was talkin to you about yesterday...its not a bad setup but i'm sure rmfk and blake-ipedia will work out something stellar. anywayz it's an idea as to how urs could work out

Those will be about what mine look like when I am done making them for the Truck.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:50 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Yes for sure... Im trying to get mike's z ready... probably will trailer both cars down for some fun
You? HA More like me pal, it's going to Bills Saturday for LCAs relocates and Trq, arm change. Then It's getting shift points fixed. NO N20 for muncie. N/A all the way.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

more updates on rooms for shootout

looks like were gonna need another room soon
Pats friends name=Chris
Pats friends name= dunno who on this one?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:55 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Default Attn Blake/Digitalsolo

Hey I forgot about your bottle completely yesterday and today blake. It's in the freezer and iced down ready to be filled, and the race gas 100 or 113 is there also. I'm sorry. Stop in tomarrow and shawn should fill you up and get you the gas. Thanks.

Joe
Old 09-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Oh Lucas, I was just messing with you. I have no brand loyalty whatsoever, and I feel that the addition of you (as well as Cobb & Jerry) is awesome to our little thread here. I don't care what you drive as long as it's relatively fast and you're not a complete tool.

See, your ish be fast and you're not an idiot. So you're in the clear. The same can't be said for Saturn Boy, wherever he is. Or when I drive my Subaru or Rolla...then I'm slow and a tool.

EDIT: Once again, we are the biggest thread in the midwest section.
No problem here Drew. My thoughts were a drivers race also. But, I asked everybody here cause we are all a buch of gear heads. I cant just ask my neighbor crap like that.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Default Attn Sean/Fastbird93

Call me on my cell.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

No problem here Drew. My thoughts were a drivers race also. But, I asked everybody here cause we are all a buch of gear heads. I cant just ask my neighbor crap like that.
Hey Luke, sorry I never called you I kinda forgot. Did you ever get ahold of dean on those wheels or parts that he had for sale?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well no racing for me this weekend, (sorry Ben/Luke). I've been trying to track down a vibration in my front end for a bit, and went through everything yesterday, and took the wheels do Discount to get them checked out. Left front wheel is WAAAAY bent, like a 3/4" wobble on the balancer. Ouch.

New wheels are en route, the rears should be here Friday or Monday, but the fronts won't be here until mid next week as they were backordered. Damn.

I guess that gives me some more time to get the nitrous tested out anyway.
Damn, sorry to hear that... Did you pull a Frankie Fresh, or what happened?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPH
Hey I forgot about your bottle completely yesterday and today blake. It's in the freezer and iced down ready to be filled, and the race gas 100 or 113 is there also. I'm sorry. Stop in tomarrow and shawn should fill you up and get you the gas. Thanks.

Joe

I'll fill it first thing in the morn. I did sell the 100 today so if ya need the unleaded let me know so I can get some more for ya.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe,

No problem, I won't be hitting it with the spray until next weekend, as I figure 200 shot + bent wheel may = Ricky Bobby. I'll stop by tomorrow and pick up the bottle and fuel though.

Zach,

I think that header and the RX7 steering shaft may disagree with who gets the real estate. I looked at those for my car too. That and I seem to remember it being pricey.

Nick,

No Frankie Fresh here; I think it's always been bent. I've fought a slight vibration the whole time I had the car. I finally replaced the very last piece of suspension, and it was still there, so I went in to Discount and had them check it out. They got it "as good as possible" but it had a nice wobble in it on the balancer. Not dangerous, but bloody annoying. Anyway, I've got new wheels en route. Much shinier than the old ones, same basic design and color (thick spokes in gold), but lighter and with a polished lip.

Shocker,

I'd like to do the unleaded, so if you can get me some in, that'd be great. I'll be in to get the bottle tomorrow afternoon.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Psh, what are you talking about? I ask my neighbor **** like that...

"Hey, which shot do you think I should go with 75 or 125?" Drew

"Uh, what?" Neighbor

"Exactly. Also...what do you do for a career?" Drew

"I'm in real estate..." Neighbor

"Awesome! I had a question about that real quick...can I bother you for a second?" Drew

"Well actually, I have some stuff.." Neighbor

"Thanks. Now my question is...when I buy a piece of property do I own it all the way down to the earth's core?" Drew

"What?" Neighbor

"YOU ARE THE WORST REAL ESTATE AGENT EVER!" Drew

"Uhm, that's because I'm a real estate lawyer" Neighbor

"Well then, I guess I'll see you in court for your filthy lies, good sir!" *Stomps away angrily*
Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shocker,

I'd like to do the unleaded, so if you can get me some in, that'd be great. I'll be in to get the bottle tomorrow afternoon.
I'll have them there for ya.

Psh, what are you talking about? I ask my neighbor **** like that...

"Hey, which shot do you think I should go with 75 or 125?" Drew

"Uh, what?" Neighbor

"Exactly. Also...what do you do for a career?" Drew

"I'm in real estate..." Neighbor

"Awesome! I had a question about that real quick...can I bother you for a second?" Drew

"Well actually, I have some stuff.." Neighbor

"Thanks. Now my question is...when I buy a piece of property do I own it all the way down to the earth's core?" Drew

"What?" Neighbor

"YOU ARE THE WORST REAL ESTATE AGENT EVER!" Drew

"Uhm, that's because I'm a real estate lawyer" Neighbor

"Well then, I guess I'll see you in court for your filthy lies, good sir!" *Stomps away angrily*
LMFAO!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!