Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shocker,

Thanks for helping get those pics of my car. Here are a couple I just took off the camera,

Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we set up a 600 to race one of you guys that beat one.I'll ride the 600 so you probly win any ways.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
Can we set up a 600 to race one of you guys that beat one.I'll ride the 600 so you probly win any ways.
YES, he has arrived...

By all means take the 636 and ride it like it's supposed to be ridden. God knows I can''t do it
Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Teching In

LOL, I enjoy racing cars and bikes, everyone knows this. You can say a kill is a kill but when you race some squid that wish he could ride and you know how to race ya you will win. Im just saying all clean fun im not here to upset anyone just here to make some more freinds and set up races if you like with bikes. See you guys on the streets.
Shamrock
Old 08-24-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
Shocker,

Thanks for helping get those pics of my car. Here are a couple I just took off the camera,

Great shots, Ben. What kind of camera is that?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
i gotta get this whole AWD launch BS down. Kinda pisses me off that I can lunge a length and a half on slowr(then wrap it out on the rev limiter losing my advantage), then cant even get the ****** to launch the next night.
you pulled me by a car and a half because i am on street tires, and a m6. Nate is on stickier tires and stalled auto. A much quicker and consistent combination.

Last edited by Slowr w/o Blowr; 08-24-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Teching In

does anyone have **** stain remover???? my seat is still a bit stained....
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thedarkness
does anyone have **** stain remover???? my seat is still a bit stained....
I thought for sure i saw you walking kinda funny
Old 08-24-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
Great shots, Ben. What kind of camera is that?
Its a Canon Rebel XTi, Digital SLR

I actually had to take out a crap load of resolution for them not to be friggin huge on the thread. Thanks for the compliments Nick.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
you pulled me by a car and a half because i am on street tires, and a m6. Nate is on stickier tires and stalled auto. A much quicker and consistent combination.
Translation= you pulled on me because you are faster.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
i never said I won. I was just bitching about my inconsistent launches. Both launches vs. nate were complete bogs. Yet the one vs. you was just a bit over the top.

Even with the rolls he seemed to get a lead in 2nd and hold it through 3rd.

the "shopping cart handle" was a functional option on the sti's of the same year in japan. There is a huge difference in controllabillity with and without that wing(at anything over 70mph subarus have proven to be a bit light in the rear end). I decided to buy it last year because I was planning on hitting some road courses this summer and I figured it'd be safer to have some extra downforce since the factory wing sits about 4 or 5 inches off the trunk I didn't think it would help much at 100+ mph. My engine swap went a little past due date so I never got around to actually making it out to race, and my lacking in funds and abundance of debt now has compelled me to wait for a track day next year.

What it means when I say it does what I want when I want. means, I never built the car to beat you guys. displacement is still a flaw even with a 2.5 shortblock. I built the car, to be a fun quick car that I could drive on the streets with enough power and control that I could compete in a track day at somewhere like putnam or mid ohio. I have yet to enter a straight line race this year with the thought that I'm going to win, especially when I'm being placed up against blown mustangs and cammed ls1's.

Sorry if I offended anyone but after the time and effort I put into my project (be it 4 cylinders and a few pushrods short of an ls1), I take a bit of offense to the term rice. If I really didn't respect you guys do you think I'd be on a forum specifically for chevy v-8's, or hanging out with you guys at halls? If I wanted to be around cars I knew I could beat, I'd go down to K's and waste my time talking about underbody lights, body kits, and 5 psi. turbo kits. My next project will be something with at least 5.7 liters, so I'd like to be able to learn a little something from the guys who have apparently done it right before I've even started.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sluggo
I wrapped out 1st on the rev limiter, 1st gear literally took one second before i needed to shift and I wasn't ready. He took a fair lead and kept it throughout the rest of the race. I think he pulled on me a bit more than nasty did too.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
i didnt catch the DSM in the sig. do you use an anti lag, or a launch control?

i drive a subaru, i was just rebuttling call 911's discontent with having an AWD car on the ls1 tech forum.
No I don't use either yet. When I decide to go bigger than my current setup I would like to get DSMlink which has Anti-lag and launch control built in. Just remember that AWD cars can have fun summer time or winter time.

Edit, Nice pics Ben. Able to do HDR shots?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Beast, buy your L92 heads from Scog&Dickey there $175ea. Cam profiles for these heads are a little different to. Exhaust side needs help, but with proper porting its alot better. Wait for a little bit longer, and WEIAND will have there "street warrior" intake out for it. (and yes, its plastic)
Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPH
Beast, buy your L92 heads from Scog&Dickey there $175ea. Cam profiles for these heads are a little different to. Exhaust side needs help, but with proper porting its alot better. Wait for a little bit longer, and WEIAND will have there "street warrior" intake out for it. (and yes, its plastic)
One of these days I'll have an LS1.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Aww hell, Rob's here, there goes the neighborhood... He even thinks those little bikes are fast... Glad to see you on here man, we need to get the South Bend guys down here to race a Shamrock bike..

Nick,

In agreement with what Joe said, I think that'd make a nice combo regardless of the chassis, though damn, the FD would be SEXY.

Cobb,

They're just ribbing you man, don't get offended by us in this thread...
Old 08-24-2008, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
Shocker,

No problem, anytime I get to row a M6 it's a good time!

Looks like the pics came out good.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by halucinator
No I don't use either yet. When I decide to go bigger than my current setup I would like to get DSMlink which has Anti-lag and launch control built in. Just remember that AWD cars can have fun summer time or winter time.

Edit, Nice pics Ben. Able to do HDR shots?
IMO, anti-lags and LC's are teh devil. But thats because normally the people who use them don't build their engines to take that kind of abuse, and then wonder why their **** went pop in less than 5k miles.

I'm definitely gonna miss snow drifting if I do decide to sell it.

here's a little bit of fun I had a year and a half ago.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=5502093
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=5501496
Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sluggo
ha ha, awd didnt hurt him at all pulling me out of the hole. But ok, whatever.

Cobb, i give you and your car props. with 5 more psi in it, i will never be able to run you down with my current setup.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Cobb,

They're just ribbing you man, don't get offended by us in this thread...
I expect it most of the time. remember where I hang out. Ricky Martin talks a lotta crap even while rollin dubs.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!