Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Technically, the rollcage wins and your skull loses.
I meant as far as my head hitting the car's roof or hitting the roll cage. It's like which is better, falling out of the 10th floor of a building or the 15th floor. Both options end in less than favorable outcomes.

Your picture doesn't work. Served = you.
Note the time of my edit, compared to your time of posting, yo.

EH HE HE, SHAMONE

Last edited by The Beast; 11-17-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are aware that I built a remote control self destruct into your car, right?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

You are aware that I built a remote control self destruct into your car, right?
Son of a
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast
Son of a
Old 11-18-2009, 03:03 AM
Teching In

Bob, that rear end set up in the Mazda looks pretty good. Was that something your guys built or put together?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Bob, that rear end set up in the Mazda looks pretty good. Was that something your guys built or put together?
Thanks! It came from a place called Grannys Performance, and we installed it.
The car seriously needs an anti roll bar before it rolls over onto it's right side at the starting line... Steve, the owner is going to have us install one. Bob
Old 11-18-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
There is a guy named Gene who we built an engine for his CTS-V that has a Maggie on it. He has a modified C4 rear in his V and he tore it up pretty bad at the track. He is going to swap it out for a nine inch. Your car is going to be a lot lighter, but you're going to be making a lot more power. I'd hate to see you put money into it and end up tearing it up. We used an 8.8 in this RX7. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=22

Fort Wayne Clutch can build you one, or you could go with one of the 3.5" Alum PST driveshafts like the ones we sell. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=827 There is a chart where we use the x dimension to get the length. Pm "Azar" to see what he can knock off the price if you're interested. Bob
Bob,

I hear you on the CTS; there are a few guys on the RX7 boards running well into the 9's with this setup though, which is more than I plan on doing (a 10.5 range pass is all I expect out of this car at best). The other thing that should (help) keep it alive is the fact that I'll never run a wrinkle wall on it. Plus, I can finish the entire setup for nearly free. At any rate it's stronger than what's in the car, and I've never hurt that (because I drive like a girly-man); if I could get the gearing I want in the stock diff, I'd honestly have done that.

I'm also planning to run a 929 half-shaft on one side as it's a different weight than the TII half-shaft; this should, in theory, help negate wheel hop; GM used that on the ZR1, so I'm going to try the shadetree version on my car. We'll see how it goes.

Honestly, if it doesn't work out, I'll probably just step up to a mini-tub with a 4 link rear frame kit and a 9". I've seen the setup you guys did for Steve's car in person at Indy and it's very nice, I just don't want to lose the IRS in the car if I don't have to.

FW Clutch did my last driveshaft and messed up a couple things (replaced my good yoke for no reason, didn't reassemble my old driveshaft, etc.), but the quality of their work is definitely good. I will give Drew a shout about the PST units as soon as I get this setup in the car and some measurements sorted.

Thanks!

Blake
Old 11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone knows of anyone wanting some BLACK ZR1's or an LT1 T56 swap, I'll be coming back to Fort Wayne over Christmas.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...l#post12518679

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...ale-trade.html
Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody seen a BMR alternator mount used with just the crank pulley, water pump, and alternator?

I need to get rid of the tensioner on the passenger side and am trying to devise a way to do so while keeping the alternator in the stock f-body location.

Last edited by The Beast; 11-18-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I pulled the trigger on the Dana 36 setup. I actually sold my stock rear for 325 + S&H and purchased this setup (including 300 dollar custom stub axles) for 283 dollars shipped. I couldn't pass it up for that deal.

I've got to get someone to weld up the aluminum rear mounting wing (once I narrow it) and I have to build a couple of simple mounts (two angle iron "ears" on the frame and a front mount that I want to figure out how to add a bushing into) then a driveshaft and it's a-ok.

Drew, I'll probably give you a call on the driveshaft once I get this in position and measured.

In other news, I MacGuyver'd an awesome stereo for my garage utilizing a computer power supply, a single DIN hole in my workbench face, an old Sony car stereo and a set of nice home theater speakers. Loud enough to **** off my neighbors and it takes up 0 floorspace. Yes, I am a nerd.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

LOL my system consist of a half a$$ homebuilt single din box with a Sony car stereo and and power supply. Speakers are old huge home theater speakers that take up about 3 square feet
Old 11-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS1875
Anyone interested in buying the SS let me know, first $18,000 takes it.
cannot believe you're selling it again!!!....super clean car, whats the miles on it D?... is the clutch problems been taken care of?? ....you're smart by setting the price real high so you can come down...too many people set the price for what they want for it and when someone wants to dicker, they cant go no where....so at 18k that should give you plenty of room to move....I might have a guy just need the miles and the clutch issue answered... thanks bro
Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy ****, Ken's alive!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
cannot believe you're selling it again!!!....super clean car, whats the miles on it D?... is the clutch problems been taken care of?? ....you're smart by setting the price real high so you can come down...too many people set the price for what they want for it and when someone wants to dicker, they cant go no where....so at 18k that should give you plenty of room to move....I might have a guy just need the miles and the clutch issue answered... thanks bro

Little over 52,000 on the body.....under 6,000 on the motor. Trans will have new synchronizers installed before car will be sold, then it will be pretty much a fresh rebuild with all the good **** (minus) the viper shafts. Not sure I will take anything less than 18,000 but you never know. Car has some pretty good parts in it to go much lower.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As with most any of you guys and selling your cars, it always makes me sad.

Sorry you are selling the car D.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Is there anyone on here anymore,This place is a ghost town. Also darren you have to sell your car to someone out of town. It would tear you up to see your car around town ,especially if they put nitro on it and make it run like faster than you did. Hope job hunting goes well for ya and you don't have to sell it.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Teching In

^^^-- i still migrate over here every once in a while, but you're right, it's definitely been a ghost town on here as of late.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

It goes in spurts here but yes, it's slow...

Mike, you need to update your sig.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS1875
Little over 52,000 on the body.....under 6,000 on the motor. Trans will have new synchronizers installed before car will be sold, then it will be pretty much a fresh rebuild with all the good **** (minus) the viper shafts. Not sure I will take anything less than 18,000 but you never know. Car has some pretty good parts in it to go much lower.
I'm sure you could sell it to someone from Canada. Someone in the lounge sold one to a person in Canada for $22,000. I guess F-bodies are gold up there or something.

It goes in spurts here but yes, it's slow...

Mike, you need to update your sig.
I stop trying to post because ls1tech is gay and is slow as hell now.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Things usually slow down on here when it starts getting cold out, and the cars go away to hibernate. Mines been in hybernation for about a year now. And it still has about another year before I get it out. Hopefully everything ends up okay after sitting that long. It has been started about a month ago and idled to normal temps, and I'll probably do that again before I get it out for good. But I don't like it sitting for this long of time. I keep thinking things will dry up, or go bad.

I winterized it the best I could. And some race gas was ran through it upon start up.

Hopefully it will hold up that long all put away.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!