Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are good looking wheels Josh. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NobodyIsSlowerThanMe
Nick,
You gonna be a rebel and skip class like me?
Sorry man, if it was just class I would, but we're workin on comp logs in the shop tomorrow
Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Blake knocked out the entire brake system this weekend. ABS delete, all new hand bent hard lines, Earls steel braided lines, Wilwood proportioning valve, Summit line lock, cleaned and painted all 4 calipers,rebuilt the rear calipers, Hawk HPS pads, and drilled and slotted rotors. Also took the intake off to install an LS1 steam crossover tube instead of the LS6 crossover tube (need to trim the bottom of the LS6 intake accordingly) as well as re route the -8 fuel return line to run under the passenger side of the car and move the fuel pressure regulator off the fuel rail and into the space where the ABS unit use to be.

2 weeks ago I picked up a set of 4 factory FD rims to go with the 2 stockers I already have (which have normal street tires on them), 2 of the rims came with brand new 10.5x26 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials, the other 2 will be getting 11.5x28 M/T ET Streets. Along with those I picked up 2 rims for "skinnies" to run with the bias ply ET Streets. With those we were FINALLY able to put the car on all 4 for the first time with the motor in the car!

Still ironing out the plans/details on the new Neukin tubular stainless steel turbo kit.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

bout time looks good
Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Teching In

Awesome!!!!

But why did you have to run a separate clutch master cylinder and reservoir?
Did the T56 slave require more volume?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 AM
12 Second Club

oh and blake you are more than welcome to come do my brake lines any day
Old 10-20-2009, 05:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by The Beast
Blake knocked out the entire brake system this weekend. ABS delete, all new hand bent hard lines, Earls steel braided lines, Wilwood proportioning valve, Summit line lock, cleaned and painted all 4 calipers,rebuilt the rear calipers, Hawk HPS pads, and drilled and slotted rotors. Also took the intake off to install an LS1 steam crossover tube instead of the LS6 crossover tube (need to trim the bottom of the LS6 intake accordingly) as well as re route the -8 fuel return line to run under the passenger side of the car and move the fuel pressure regulator off the fuel rail and into the space where the ABS unit use to be.

2 weeks ago I picked up a set of 4 factory FD rims to go with the 2 stockers I already have (which have normal street tires on them), 2 of the rims came with brand new 10.5x26 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials, the other 2 will be getting 11.5x28 M/T ET Streets. Along with those I picked up 2 rims for "skinnies" to run with the bias ply ET Streets. With those we were FINALLY able to put the car on all 4 for the first time with the motor in the car!

Still ironing out the plans/details on the new Neukin tubular stainless steel turbo kit.

Looks really good, you're going to have a very quick car when it's done! Bob
Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The T56 is a PITA to bleed via gravity/pumping method. If you tie off the factory reservoir, you can't vacuum pump bleed it, so it's easier to do it this way. Also, the T56 slave pollutes the fluid badly, so you'd be changing brake and clutch fluid often if they're tied together, this way, you just suck out the clutch fluid (well the brake fluid in the clutch) and swap it, much easier than a full brake system purge/flush.

Originally Posted by tunedports10
oh and blake you are more than welcome to come do my brake lines any day
It's cheap and easy. His will actually look better once we get the little clips to hold them in place on the firewall, right now they're "swinging free" a bit in a few place. They're all nice and perpendicular when they sit in their final position.

What do you need for brake lines? I can give a hand. I have a bender though for stuff like this you can do it by hand for the most part.

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thanks Bob! Hopefully this spring we'll put down some good numbers for my car and Nick's on your dyno.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Teching In

I see.
Thanks for the ejumacation Blake.

If anyone still wants to go to O'reily...
The location has changed to Meijer's on Lima Rd.
Just north of I69 exit 111.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, did you ever get a set of wheels picked out for it? Also, did you ever decide on the color?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tunedports10
bout time looks good
Thanks. How's the truck do on Saturday?

Awesome!!!!

Thank ya. And what Blake said lol

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thank you sir. If only I could get traction like your orange car does, then I'd be set

Originally Posted by CALL911
Nick, did you ever get a set of wheels picked out for it? Also, did you ever decide on the color?
I'm just going to use the stock wheels (probably going to powder coat, or at least paint them). The widest tire I can fit under stock fenders (11.5" tire) will fit on the stock rims. I didn't want to spend $2000 on a set of rims I'll only be using for a few years until I get rear fender flares, then I'll spend the $$$$$$ on custom off-set rims to fit a 13"+ tire. As for the color, I'm going with the Cyber Grey Metallic off the Vette/Z06/ZR1 and the new Camaro:

Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Blake, is that car ready for a ride yet?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks. How's the truck do on Saturday?
It was a huge turd!!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Teching In

As for the color, I'm going with the Cyber Grey Metallic off the Vette/Z06/ZR1 and the new Camaro:

That's a great color choice, just make sure whoever does the paintwork is smart enough to mix the flake in with the topcoat instead of the clear! Good 'ol GM, and they wonder why most of their metallic paint jobs looks splotchy . Speaking of paint, who are you planning on having paint it?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03CobraMike
Speaking of paint, who are you planning on having paint it?
Whats up? I'm pretty handy with the ol' rattle cans! We gonna have that FD lookin goood!

Blake/Nick, did you guys see the Texas Mile thread over on V8RX7? *******...NUTTY.

EDIT: As an aside..When Brent and Bob were at the shootout this past weekend, they ran into a couple of the guys from procharger. The guys from Procharger asked "Where the guy who answers the phones was?" Brent replies "Drew?" The entire procharger crew agrees and says comments to the effect of "That dude is ******* crazy." Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing?

Last edited by Azar; 10-20-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 03CobraMike
That's a great color choice, just make sure whoever does the paintwork is smart enough to mix the flake in with the topcoat instead of the clear! Good 'ol GM, and they wonder why most of their metallic paint jobs looks splotchy . Speaking of paint, who are you planning on having paint it?
My cousin, who is the head painter for Dimension Ford.

Originally Posted by Azar
Whats up? I'm pretty handy with the ol' rattle cans! We gonna have that FD lookin goood!

Blake/Nick, did you guys see the Texas Mile thread over on V8RX7? *******...NUTTY.

EDIT: As an aside..When Brent and Bob were at the shootout this past weekend, they ran into a couple of the guys from procharger. The guys from Procharger asked "Where the guy who answers the phones was?" Brent replies "Drew?" The entire procharger crew agrees and says comments to the effect of "That dude is ******* crazy." Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing?
I did. 196mph in an N/A RX7 is regodamndiculous!

And I LOL'd
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I'll have to send them some pic's of you. This one isn't too good, but it's the only one I could find where you were actually doing something... lol Bob
Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
8 Second Club

And this is a surprise to you?!?!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000SlamAir
Blake, is that car ready for a ride yet?
It's pretty well sorted, still need to get the alkycontrol kit installed and the tune adjusted for it.

It's down for the winter though, redoing all the wiring and installing the alkycontrol kit (and probably a Lingenfelter 2 step).

Also redoing the exhaust to exit the rear of the car and changing the seat mounts and a few other things. Should be extra bitchin' this spring.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Then you need to tie it all together with a kick *** paint job.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!