Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beast,
That car is gonna be insane! Looks incredible man. Congrats!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS1875
Front bumper looks a little off alignment though...
That's an optical illusion. I swear the bumper isn't being held on with 2 bolts currently

Originally Posted by 1bad98z
Beast,
That car is gonna be insane! Looks incredible man. Congrats!
Thanks Ryan. Hopefully it'll be ready to make an appearance at the track day!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
JPH QUOTE OF THE DAY "Shawn.......he is the only ***** ***** I know that builds boost in Mcdonalds drive through.......I mean WTF"

Anybody wanna take a guess who he is talkin about? LOL
LMAO!!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

For anyone interested there is a Dyno day up at CJ in Auburn this weekend on saturday just a friendly fyi if you need more info pm me
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I might show up if I'm not busy. Too bad I don't have the firebird anymore.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:16 AM
12 Second Club

Terry I just found out that our wives work together and are due around the same time. Congrats on becoming a daddy.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Planning on hitting the Muncie strip on the 30th if anyone else is interested in going.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Hitler just bought a new Camaro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpECrDIHjc
Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Rofl!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has the car scene in the Fort at Liberty improved any? I was a little dissapointed my 2 weekends I was in the Fort and went out at the lack of cars (compratively speaking to back in the day).
Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Has the car scene in the Fort at Liberty improved any? I was a little dissapointed my 2 weekends I was in the Fort and went out at the lack of cars (compratively speaking to back in the day).
It's about the same as you saw it. Probably 25-30 cars at the MOST, but it's the same people.

There are a few new guys around though not like it used to be.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

...tis a sad day that things aren't what they used to be.

Perhaps some day in the future things will be better, and maybe even as good or better than before.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

...tis a sad day that things aren't what they used to be.

Perhaps some day in the future things will be better, and maybe even as good or better than before.
Ben,
The future isn't looking much better. Lot of people don't have jobs or the money to spend on vehicles like they used to. Its become tough for some.

I don't know about anyone else. Since Kruse pretty much is shut down for now, I think it should be bought and turned into a drag strip. It has about 1 mile of stretch on his longest length along the interstate. All we need is 3/4 mile. Plus, we wouldn't have to drive an hour and half just to go drag racing. Anyone else have a good idea? I don't see a reason why NE Indiana doesn't have one by now. Remember when Avilla shut down? I do. I have quite a few friends that used to run there.

-Ben
Old 06-26-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

I know times suck financially for the country. Some people on here are still without good jobs. And by all means, you need to be taking care of your family and putting food on the table before you should be thinking about upgrades for the car, or keeping the car at all if thats how things are. I am not blaming the lack of car scene on people like that.

For the most part though, people still have, and can drive their cars. They just choose not to. And frankly, who could blame them when the car scene sucks. I garuntee that if the car scene was like it was back in the day where it was hard to even get a parking spot if you didn't show up by 9:30 pm back at Subway/Shops/Kittles, and there were races going down every 30 minutes, and it was so big that we had people coming from Ohio and other out of town locations just because they hear how big the car scene was, that others would be much more inclined to come out. Back in the day is far from todays situation. I don't know when or if it will ever be the same.

To an extent, the lack of certain people make a difference. SBD was always good for starting **** and racing. Kenny would make me laugh to tears at times. The mustang guys like Bohoda and Hamrick would usually bring a few more stangs out and it was a good time. Now, SBD has been out of the game for a long time (and frankly even though he throws the idea about getting a car together here and there, I doubt it ever happens). Don't really know what happened to the mustang crowd. God knows theres a billion of them on the road these days.

I think someone straight up killed Kenny

The point I am trying to make with all this, is that we should try to bring back the old days. Set aside a good date for everyone to make it out to draw a crowd. If someone is from the standpoint they don't have their car anymore or can't afford to, have someone go pick them up and they can still be part of the crowd.

We need to bring back those good old days. And have less days like these...

Old 06-26-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with you 100% Ben. Drawing a car scene and a crowd is also good for the local area too. Unfortunately, I never got to see the car scene that you talking about.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:51 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

I know times suck financially for the country. Some people on here are still without good jobs. And by all means, you need to be taking care of your family and putting food on the table before you should be thinking about upgrades for the car, or keeping the car at all if thats how things are. I am not blaming the lack of car scene on people like that.

For the most part though, people still have, and can drive their cars. They just choose not to. And frankly, who could blame them when the car scene sucks. I garuntee that if the car scene was like it was back in the day where it was hard to even get a parking spot if you didn't show up by 9:30 pm back at Subway/Shops/Kittles, and there were races going down every 30 minutes, and it was so big that we had people coming from Ohio and other out of town locations just because they hear how big the car scene was, that others would be much more inclined to come out. Back in the day is far from todays situation. I don't know when or if it will ever be the same.

To an extent, the lack of certain people make a difference. SBD was always good for starting **** and racing. Kenny would make me laugh to tears at times. The mustang guys like Bohoda and Hamrick would usually bring a few more stangs out and it was a good time. Now, SBD has been out of the game for a long time (and frankly even though he throws the idea about getting a car together here and there, I doubt it ever happens). Don't really know what happened to the mustang crowd. God knows theres a billion of them on the road these days.

I think someone straight up killed Kenny

The point I am trying to make with all this, is that we should try to bring back the old days. Set aside a good date for everyone to make it out to draw a crowd. If someone is from the standpoint they don't have their car anymore or can't afford to, have someone go pick them up and they can still be part of the crowd.

We need to bring back those good old days. And have less days like these...

No sense in getting a race car when NO ONE RACES..period. It started hapening a long time ago, really when the FNF movies came out. THere was a "cultural shift" in which kids put focus on form, not function. They had slow cars that looked and sounded "fast" to them (ridiculous to us). They took over in numbers, woul dnot ever actually race, just **** around in traffic. They always had excuses when they lost in the rare cases they did race.

It is a change in values, outlook, perception, etc. Things will likely never go back to the way it was unfortunatley. Society is focused on appearances, which is what lead to the economic turmoil the country is in. I have been saving money to move out of the country when I am eliglble for retirement (in about 17 years). I plan to buy a house in Costa Rica or Quenca, Ecuador and leave the US. I enjoyed the car scene more than anyone did, but it will never be like it was. SInce I got rid of my car 4 years ago (?) things have gotten worse and worse for car people around here. Weather sucks, no place to consistently go to, people afraid to race, cars always down, etc. I used to race 5 times in a night, sometimes for money. I used to go to Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis looking for races. Now there seem to be the Old crew that is only into sitting in chairs every weekend and car shows (which is fine), and idiot ricers who dont understand what street racing is and who will perpetually be a bunch of fucksticks. People are afraid of getting tickets, raising their insurance, going to jail, etc. ALSO, people are afraid of loosing, which is sad...if you loose, its jus time to power up and go faster!!!!!!

Why on earth would I want to sink $30K+ into a race car when there is little to no enjoyment for me to have with it? If I get another car, it will probably be a 2011 Mustang GT automatic. Saw one up close in Iowa last week and it is a NICE car, 100 times better then the Camaro IMHO. An old cruiser would be cool too.

I hate to say it, but I think the car thing is finally dead, it died a slow death over the past 7 years or so...now it is all but gone. I am not optimistic about it coming back any time soon. Its a reflection of the entire societal structure of the country...We like appearances more than function, everyone wanted a big fancy house and new cars, and now we are all paying for it. Every huge company that mismanaged for decades is being bailed out, every piece of **** that doesnt work is bailed out, everybody that files bankruptcy hurts everyone that doesn't. People want to look cool and not work for it. This attitude has trickled down with the FNF movies....just paint it and put a pipe on it and drive like a moron, you will be fast. Dont ever race it at a track or race someone in a completely fair dead stop race...no...just drive around and act cool. I am just tired of the irresponsible attitude so many have today, and it seeps into every part of life.

It was a lot nicer when people would put money into their cars to go fast, race, and keep getting faster. WIn or loose, just go out and do it. However, the atittude is different in our country now.

Ben, I hope you can have some car fun here but don't hold your breath.....its just not like it was in the late 90's early 00's
Old 06-27-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

You make some excellent points Scott. And I do agree it is more likely that it will never be the same as it was, and continue to stay where it is at (or get worse).

But I still have hope, that one day it may at least be something again. Doubtfull it will be like it was, but maybe something different. It will take people coming out, people racing, people with fast cars, and some people just with some personality. I don't think any of that is really that far fetched. Heck, the normal people on here could provide all of that in a small quantity. If it was good enough to become contaigous, thats where it could be something more.

Only time will tell what will happen. And this year theres nothing I can really do to help the car scene. Perhaps next year though...
Old 06-27-2010, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

Yep! Put away the car wax girls. Lets race!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Patience, young grasshopper. I should be ready to rock-n-roll next weekend. Out of town Saturday, though.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Scott, did you get your car tuned? How did it do?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!