Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Yeah, as you could see, its a real turd

...but I do race it
Actually racing is much more fun than lawn chair racing imaginary time slips.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Starfire1
Actually racing is much more fun than lawn chair racing imaginary time slips.
Couldn't agree more. You coming out to the Fort this summer? Not all of us race time slips
Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Couldn't agree more. You coming out to the Fort this summer? Not all of us race time slips

Why would they come to the Fort? Seems everytime they show any interest in racing everyone has an excuse as to why they cant compete. They have stirred up races in the past and look at how bent out of shape people got.

Not bashing Ben but these dudes usually show up with some pretty serious cars and I think they have you covered. Nobody is going to want to drive all the way out here and race for nothin. $$$ would be involved, small money but still.

I'll race em but I dont think I have much to offer either.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

There are others faster and besides myself that race, but I seem to also remember much smack talk followed by broken promises of races.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Actually the last race we got in the Fort was our LT1 car and the silver s10 and that was a few years back.
The Fort did have a decent Street scene years ago, but the last few years has been a bunch of show and shine bullshit.

Last edited by Starfire1; 02-08-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Teching In

There are others faster and besides myself that race, but I seem to also remember much smack talk followed by broken promises of races.

Not only have we made the trip there we raced the few guys who were willing to race.
I dont recall seeing anything "fast" there that was looking to race and we even asked people to phone there friends.

Plese do tell, what does the fort have thats fast and will street race?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

First it depends on your definition of "fast", second it depends on when you come out. True, the scene is not what it was years ago (I would venture to say the economic times have not only hit the Fort), but there are people that do go out that don't race time slips. So even though all of us are not out every weekend, we still are out.

I'm more looking for good races where the cars will be well matched, not a 12 second car vs someone like Kline. When it starts getting warmer out, shoot me a PM. I'm down to meet up.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Teching In

I'm more looking for good races where the cars will be well matched, not a 12 second car vs someone like Kline. When it starts getting warmer out, shoot me a PM. I'm down to meet up.
If I recall correctly kline was a sb on spray and raced a sb on spray.

I dont recall anyone trying to race 12 sec cars.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

If I recall correctly kline was a sb on spray and raced a sb on spray.

I dont recall anyone trying to race 12 sec cars.
I was at the LTX shootout. I know what Kline runs. Just look at his rear bumper and you know what the car is capable of. My point is I would rather match up a low 10 second car with another low 10 second car. Not 2 sb's each on spray that run very different times.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Teching In

I was at the LTX shootout. I know what Kline runs. Just look at his rear bumper and you know what the car is capable of. My point is I would rather match up a low 10 second car with another low 10 second car. Not 2 sb's each on spray that run very different times.
It didnt run too bad for how hot the day was. And the S10 beat him if I remember correctly.

So enough with the 12 sec car stuff.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

It didnt run too bad for how hot the day was. And the S10 beat him if I remember correctly.

So enough with the 12 sec car stuff.
Fair enough.

I would like there to be more days this year like there were in the past where the car scene was bigger. If your looking for cash races and lots of low 10 second cars or faster, you probably would be better off going to Chicago. If you want to roll to the Fort and see a few fast cars, and some other slow turds like mine, your welcome to see those of us that do more with our cars than put them in car shows and brag about dyno numbers.

My car runs low 11's. If you've got something around there, even in the mid to high 10's, bring it out.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm happy to play around with stuff that's close to my car. I built a car to play with, not street race or chase times. With someone who gave a **** about either of those, it'd probably be a lot faster than it will ever be with me owning it. Then again, I've never seen a lot of point in competitively racing **** that burns gasoline and goes slow.

FWIW, I am planning on trying to hit a track up this year. I'd like to see it run into the 11s off the foot brake on ~12 psi. Might go faster, might go slower.

Maybe Bodigan or some of the other heavy hitters in Fort Wayne would like to race the nastier cars from South Bend. 8 second cars vs. 8 second cars is a lot more entertaining to watch than 8 second cars vs. 12 second cars. In the past 2 years, I've only seen 3-4 nights total where anything faster than low 10s was out and about in Fort Wayne, and that's a couple of the old guys at Liberty Diner and Chris' S10. If my car is the fastest thing out on a given night, there isn't much point in guys with low 9 second cars showing up to race.

I don't really follow the dick swinging though. Want good races? Go another 1.5 hours south and hit Indy up. There are plenty of cars there that will be more than happy to **** in your cheerios.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 02-09-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
For the record, I never told them anything other than what's in the original article. They took poetic license with the latest write-up. Believe me, or don't. I couldn't care less.

The fact of the matter is that I'm not that interested in the car anymore. No local track and a 7 day work week make it very impractical. The car was built right with quality parts, it just needs the suspension dialed in and a few tune tweaks for TC lockup.

If anyone hasnt read the article please do

I believe you 100%. The writers will hype it up and skew the reality. They are there to sell magazines, this isnt CNN, no one is going to be checking the facts. The 1st writeup was laughable, the "follow up" was just more of the same. They went to the biggest LSX event of the year and grabbed a non competing shiny car from the ******* [B]CAR SHOW[B] and portrayed the owner as a true grit, hardcore racer. Of course they had pull some creative writing on the followup. How would the article sound if the truth was told " Remember chasing numbers? we contacted the owner and he hasnt been to the track since the article was written and has lost any/all interest in the car"

Your telling me you havent had any time to go to the track and do the things you mentioned, TCC and susp??? Not one day? I think everyone can see though that. You had time to go to a national track and not even make a pass, Im sure there were other car shows too. Saying you dont have time is just like saying "I dont want to" because its the things you want to do that you make time for.

If your not into racing then thats cool but I think its a bit unfair for you to get a bunch of coverage when there were 100's of real racers out there that should have got the spotlight

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I'm happy to play around with stuff that's close to my car. I built a car to play with, not street race or chase times. With someone who gave a **** about either of those, it'd probably be a lot faster than it will ever be with me owning it. Then again, I've never seen a lot of point in competitively racing **** that burns gasoline and goes slow.
Just because you helped out with a nitro bike, you seem to think anything that isnt exactly that is slow???
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Teching In

I'm happy to play around with stuff that's close to my car. I built a car to play with, not street race or chase times. With someone who gave a **** about either of those, it'd probably be a lot faster than it will ever be with me owning it. Then again, I've never seen a lot of point in competitively racing **** that burns gasoline and goes slow..
Competitively racing? Isn't any racing competitive?
Do you race something that burns some fuel other than gasoline?

FWIW, I am planning on trying to hit a track up this year. I'd like to see it run into the 11s off the foot brake on ~12 psi. Might go faster, might go slower.
One might think a LS based 4 link rx might run in the 10's NA.

Maybe Bodigan or some of the other heavy hitters in Fort Wayne would like to race the nastier cars from South Bend. 8 second cars vs. 8 second cars is a lot more entertaining to watch than 8 second cars vs. 12 second cars. In the past 2 years, I've only seen 3-4 nights total where anything faster than low 10s was out and about in Fort Wayne, and that's a couple of the old guys at Liberty Diner and Chris' S10. If my car is the fastest thing out on a given night, there isn't much point in guys with low 9 second cars showing up to race.

I don't really follow the dick swinging though. Want good races? Go another 1.5 hours south and hit Indy up. There are plenty of cars there that will be more than happy to **** in your cheerios.
Is bringing up Bodigan similar to dick swinging? Hes a good guy and a beautiful car.
Does he race that blown big block chasssis car on the street?
If you can get him to race we have several cars intrested in racing him heads up on the street.

8 sec cars vs 12 sec cars? Just stop with that bullshit.
When we last made the trip we had 8,9,10,11,12 sec cars that made the trip.
We tried to bring something for everyone.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hotrodkoolkat
Just because you helped out with a nitro bike, you seem to think anything that isnt exactly that is slow???
His sig says nitro bike 2006 crew.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Starfire,
Obviously you realize most the FW LS guys are bs bench racers that seem to know everything about racing yet are never seen at the track They typically pull there cars apart 2 seconds after it is together either because they dont run the number or have now "changed there mind" on the direction they want to go with the car. This is normally a reflection of it failing in the previous direction it was just in. If all else fails you just call your expensive garage queen "junk" in an effort to down play the fact it doesn't perform. The sad thing is in almost all the cases the only part of the car not performing is the owner, since most all the cars are nice looking and well built. If some of these guys would step back and think out of the box they would realize there are more than one way to get the same thing accomplished. All the money in the world wont make your car go fast, but instead listening, learning, and putting the timie in yourself. I think that is very evident in Chris's truck with its faded paint and junkyard motor. He took that thing from running 12's all the way to the 8's and it wasnt by making bs excuses and calling it junk. He busted his *** and learned what it takes to make it happen. None of the LS guys in FW would of even considered the junkyard route but instead choose to play it safe and build high dollar big bore forged motors that are still over 2 secs slower than that little 5.3. I also commend Adam and Travis because they finally broke the FW LS mold by racing there cars and not making excuses when things didnt work at first, but instead got back in the lanes. Unfortunately street racing in FW is dead, this due mostly due to law enforcement IMO and ricer roll racing. The great thing is there are good tracks around us and great events such as NMCA, Drag Week, and a few others. So bring those South Bend cars down to Muncie on Chris and I's track rental days and regardless of who is faster we will have a good time. Since no matter how fast your car is there is always someone faster so just making down the track is what matters.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrodkoolkat
Not at all, but I don't like index racing, and if I'm going to try to race heads up, building an 8/9 second car isn't really my cup of tea. I grew up on nitro, and that's all I'd really care to play with. I don't have the money for that, so I just build street toys.

Competitively racing? Isn't any racing competitive?
Sorry, I phrased that badly. I meant heads up classes at the strip or something like drag week.

Do you race something that burns some fuel other than gasoline?
Used to do a lot of wrenching on stuff that did (I am a much better wrench than wheelman). Unfortunately the economy sank and dried up the funding for most of the nitro stuff aside from NHRA.

One might think a LS based 4 link rx might run in the 10's NA.
One would think it would, yes. With a lot more setup my car should run deep 9s. Whether I'll ever get around to spending the time/effort to set it up properly is an entirely different story. As is, for my first time at the track with it, if I can knock down some 11s on shake downs, I'll be quite happy.

Is bringing up Bodigan similar to dick swinging? Hes a good guy and a beautiful car.
Does he race that blown big block chasssis car on the street?
If you can get him to race we have several cars intrested in racing him heads up on the street.
I wasn't trying to dick swing at all. I was just noting that he's one of very few cars in town capable of hanging with the some of the stuff you guys have. I have no clue if he street races (anymore) or not, honestly.

8 sec cars vs 12 sec cars? Just stop with that bullshit.
When we last made the trip we had 8,9,10,11,12 sec cars that made the trip.
We tried to bring something for everyone.
The problem is, I don't believe a word any of you guys say. No offense, I fully understand that's the game you guys play, and that's fine. But I see no reason to line my car up with a 9 second car. I like fun races and getting my *** handed to me by 10 cars isn't entertaining.

That said, I don't mind losing races. I've lost many, many of them over the years. No big deal, I'm not, and never have been the fastest around. My bigger concern with street racing is the tickets/trouble. I can't afford $2000 bucks in fines and my company pretty heavily frowns on people getting in trouble.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ Lmao!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!