Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
I know nothing. I'm just a good BS artist'. I didn't know you were in this area man! Why don't you come out tonight?
I will try to make it out, probably in my truck, cause well, you know how well my car is running right now.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ryanisl33t
I will try to make it out, probably in my truck, cause well, you know how well my car is running right now.
The city may need your help fogging for mosquitos. J/k
Old 09-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Just throwing it out there cob, but could you have forgotten to tighten a wheel when putting them back on???? unless someone knows where you live I seriously doubt they would do that at halls.
I would have noticed loose lugs when I cleaned my car a few weeks ago. Like I said, I'm **** about tightening wheel lugs. When I'm home the car sits in the garage unless im awake.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

Cobb, are you suggesting that someone loosened your lugs while the car was at Hall's? That seems very unlikely. Whether, or not, people at Hall's like your choice of car, most people would say something if they saw someone monkeying with someone else's car -- especially lugnuts. If someone did loosen your lugs, it must have happened somewhere else.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

+1 to what Massey said.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Azar
+1 to what Massey said.
x2... I got trash thrown in my car multiple times, but thats probably the extent of what people will do. Not doubting that someone loosened them, as it happened to me at BWW, but it's kinda harsh that you'd jump to the conclusion that someone at Halls would do it, you do drive the car to other places do you not
Old 09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
The city may need your help fogging for mosquitos. J/k
No kidding.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just one other thing Cobb;

When I tore my rear end apart last week, I had 2-3 lugnuts on each rear wheel finger tight. I know I hadn't had the wheels off in a few weeks, so they were like that the entire time. I know no one did it but me, and I'm not sure how I missed it, as I (literally) have a check list I go over when I have the car apart for anything (a good habit from working on the bikes).

My only other guess is that the "tuner style lugnuts" I have backed themselves off a little bit, due to the antiseize on my hubs for the rotors (aluminum hub/iron rotor). I'm not saying that it wasn't done to you, or that you forgot to tighten them up, just that you might be on that jump to conclusions mat at the moment.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

I'm pretty sure the blue on the c5's is called electron blue.
Cobb: FWIW, on my brother's cobra one of his wheel lugs got loose over time. He did some research and he read that it is something that can happen with aluminum wheels. I highly doubt some **** bag would do something to risk your car and safety like that just because they didn't like imports. But then again people don't make a whole lot of sense to me...
Old 09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Teching In

^ actually 2 different blues the lighter sexier one is nassau, the more metallic is electron
Old 09-06-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Corvette is so bad ***, they were like, "Hey let's make a bad *** blue color", and some really bad *** dude was like "F that, let's make TWO bad *** blue colors"... Hence the creation of Electron Blue AND Nassau Blue...
Old 09-06-2008, 06:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Electron blue is the pwns@uce.

Btw, I just got a PM from a person that suggested I bring my cam up.......it shall be done. I'll skip my party tonight...at least for a little while.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got my digital camera. Gonna take some really poor quality pictures tonight. WOOHOO!

You need to get some good videos with the Subaru and it's mega-awesome camera mount Drew.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast
Corvette is so bad ***...
^^^ all that needed to be said ^^^

Old 09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Teching In

I wasn't blaming anyone on here, or anyone that normally parks at halls for that matter, usually im less than 30ft away from my car at all times, and knowing most of you guys i don't think anyone on here would have the ***** to do something like that.

I've heard of lugs walking themselves out over time too, but thats usually with brand new lugs, studs, or wheels.(from what i've heard) I'm not on the war-path or anything, I just think that if it didn't happen naturally that is a pretty shitty and dangerous joke.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Teching In

p.s. that nassau blue corvette was sexy last night.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
I wasn't blaming anyone on here, or anyone that normally parks at halls for that matter, usually im less than 30ft away from my car at all times, and knowing most of you guys i don't think anyone on here would have the ***** to do something like that.

I've heard of lugs walking themselves out over time too, but thats usually with brand new lugs, studs, or wheels.(from what i've heard) I'm not on the war-path or anything, I just think that if it didn't happen naturally that is a pretty shitty and dangerous joke.
As annoying as a subaru owner may be, it doesnt call for lug loosening.

Lug loosening is a very serious bitch move and a subie just doesnt warrant that type of behavior

I understand lug loosening can be an act of jealousy.

Well its a Subie who would be jealous of that pile of rice?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb

__________________________________________________ ___________

almost no one on this forum would have th ***** to loosen the lug nuts on a car in a parkinglot.except maybe the lugloosening fairy that comes out late at night...gotta watch out for her! She has HUGE hands...the kind that can loosen lug nuts with a single lesbian twirl....drives a specialized Van...could be Subaru brand...not sure....be careful of her...very very angry and disturbed lugloosening fairy...

SDB
Old 09-07-2008, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went by Hall's looked packed, looks like I missed out on another good night
Old 09-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Dont GM's come with a emergency tool kit option?

Leave it to the ford guy to save the day

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!