Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driveability tuning on Thurs and dyno on Friday. Hard to guess what the numbers will be with the auto and a DynoJet. The 1320 dyno will tell. Hope to make the LPE rental @ Muncie.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tscheu5452
Yep! Put away the car wax girls. Lets race!
Yep, I hear that. For ALL who care or want to go: Me and Troy are taking his car to the RACETRACK and going to RACE it this coming wedensday the 30th.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Yep, I hear that. For ALL who care or want to go: Me and Troy are taking his car to the RACETRACK and going to RACE it this coming wedensday the 30th.
Troy, don't count on JPH to go down there with you.....he'll just get drunk and forget about it
Old 06-27-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is still apart waiting for the new transmission. Hopefully my girly auto will help get the most out of the car. It was already getting CLOSE to where I want it before, so hopefully this will help. Honestly, I just like working on the damn thing.

My take on the car scene...

First off, there is lots of racing that goes down on a pretty regular basis, though not like it used to be, for sure. The cops are THICK on a pretty regular basis, so you have to be a lot smarter about who/what than you used to be.

There aren't as many people as there once was, but I'm not sure I ran with the "cool crowd" when it was big anyway, so it doesn't seem as different to me I guess.

There are still plenty of nasty cars running around; Chris' S10 is nasty, Tony's RX7 should be 9 second capable this year, Evo Dan should be low 11 second/high 10 second capable, J-Rod should be quick once he gets back from Europe. Nate/Rob both have capable cars, though they aren't around much. Hopefully Terry doesn't murder this CTS, as it should be quick, Massey will be tearing us all up shortly, Jerry with the Mustang has a stout setup. Hopefully I've got some deep 10s in mine this season as well. Nick's car will be out for testing in a few weeks as well.

That's just the people that I can think of in 30 seconds. There are dozens of other cars that are 12s or quicker and out pretty regularly, not to mention the "old guys". It's also cheaper/easier to go quick now than it ever has been.

But, as I said, my view on all this isn't the same anyway. I grew up around "real racing" and world class, fastest there is stuff. I don't have the money to play that game, so I just build stuff to play around with. I'm not the fastest guy. I never will be. I don't care much, honestly. I build cars because I enjoy it, and they're fun. If every one in town sells their cars, I'll keep building and driving them. A nice 3rd gear pull is fun for me regardless, I've got nothing to prove.

My 25 cents.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There still is, and always have been racing. SBD thinks it has gone away completly, but in reality it never has. Perhaps a safety barrier for him not to get another car. But SBD is correct that it is not what it used to be.

The carisma of the crowd. The bigger amount of fast cars. The sheer amount of people out.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Teching In

i like turtles.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS1875
Troy, don't count on JPH to go down there with you.....he'll just get drunk and forget about it
That was just because it was you pal!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Indy's car scene is BOOMING. We have a local problem.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

I am back from europe but I leaving to go back again . Buying beer in the cafeteria at work just makes me wanna go back
Old 06-28-2010, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone in here good with rear ends and able to verify a gear pattern is good. been trying to find some pics of others online and not getting anything that matches mine although it seems to look okay to me
Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Launching!

hey So whats going on i'm fonzie (the guy with the Red/black Lt1 camaro) that was up last week. Well i was wondering if anyone is going to be up this weeked since it's 4th of july weekend.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will this work?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks but I will just have to post a pic. Not sure what to think of it. The drive looks really good, but the coast I can't really tell. I will post some pics when I get a chance.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

every year the are supposed to be lots of 9, 10, 11 second cars out and about. every year there are supposed to be more and more people racing. How many cars in ft. wayne run 10's or better and are on the street weekly? Not "should run 10's".....actually have gone to a track and run 10's, or 9's????

I hope for all you guys it does get better, but I haven't seen it improve over the last 5 years or so, and everyone I talk to says the same thing.

Enjoy your cars, build them, race them cruise them, etc. Things will not be like they were, its just how it is (I think)...Not really a big deal, cars can be fun just cruising too. Just no reason to sink money in cars to drive around by yourself not racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe an old cruiser would fiil the need for me, who knows....Good weather like today makes you think....

Other cities are hoppin with cars? cool, but no the ol Fort!

Wishing things will change wont do it, and you can't make people come out to race....just enjoy each others company, have some fun, and dont focus on the racing I guess.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys need to all pool your money together, find a financial backer, and build a 1/4 mile dragstrip! That will bring the cars back out.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Man. Still no takers for tonight? Weather is gonna be great!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SDB
every year the are supposed to be lots of 9, 10, 11 second cars out and about. every year there are supposed to be more and more people racing. How many cars in ft. wayne run 10's or better and are on the street weekly? Not "should run 10's".....actually have gone to a track and run 10's, or 9's????

I hope for all you guys it does get better, but I haven't seen it improve over the last 5 years or so, and everyone I talk to says the same thing.

Enjoy your cars, build them, race them cruise them, etc. Things will not be like they were, its just how it is (I think)...Not really a big deal, cars can be fun just cruising too. Just no reason to sink money in cars to drive around by yourself not racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe an old cruiser would fiil the need for me, who knows....Good weather like today makes you think....

Other cities are hoppin with cars? cool, but no the ol Fort!

Wishing things will change wont do it, and you can't make people come out to race....just enjoy each others company, have some fun, and dont focus on the racing I guess.
I think dropping money for a lap dance with a dirty scank is a waste of money. I you put money into a car at least when you sell it you get money in return. Dropping money into a dirty ***** only gets you broke and the crabs. You keep the strippers and I'll save my money for a car.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
You guys need to all pool your money together, find a financial backer, and build a 1/4 mile dragstrip! That will bring the cars back out.
First, we would need a business plan drafted up. Then we would need to pull strings on the county commission and the City Council for it to happen, give them a reason to approve it. I know I can get $20k to start. Someone contact Tony Stewart (I don't know him personally), he could financially back it (Since we know he is about motorsports, Eldora anyone?). Buy Kruse Auction Park and turn it into a drag strip that is used spring through fall.
.81 miles on its stretch Alongside I-69 from C.R. 11A to the creek in the back. All we need is 3/4+- mile for the drag strip. The last question is though, Is this something that can be profitable? I say yes, but only if they can get NHRA and other sanctioned events.

Truthfully, I wish it could happen, but things like this do not ride on hopes and dreams. Only action and smarts. How many people do you think miss having Avilla Dragway?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by switches
I think dropping money for a lap dance with a dirty scank is a waste of money. I you put money into a car at least when you sell it you get money in return. Dropping money into a dirty ***** only gets you broke and the crabs. You keep the strippers and I'll save my money for a car.
They are NOT dirty ******...they are darling little princesses! they need petted and loved and duct taped..and...
Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SDB
They are NOT dirty ******...they are darling little princesses! they need petted and loved and duct taped..and...
Lulz

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!