Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Don't beat yourself up too much man. I was witness when you put the smack down on Mr. Foglight/blue old rustang

BTW, did you ever get his earing?
Oh yes, twas a glorious night. Til I lost to Blake and his stupid ridiculous ported heads.

No, I haven't seen him around to get the earring of destruction. He is now on my permanent shitlist.

Originally Posted by 03CobraMike
-azar, glad to hear you're still alive, lol. it's ok you have the slowest regal, it'll just make the rx7 feel faster when you drive it again, haha.

btw, changing f-body spark plugs ftl. much busted up knuckles and frustration...
I know, it's going to be awesome. Once we get the clutch changed out. I have no idea why I wanna turbo the RX-7 I have my hands full with just 400rwhp! (399.8 if you wanna be a dick about it)

Also, mark my words. Right now, I'm indifferent to turbo'ing the car or going faster. But when I'm out in the summer, I'll be complaining about being slow and start to hoard parts. Hahaha.

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I always pull the body of the tranny off the bellhousing, LOTS easier to deal with, for sure.

It would be great to have a lift. The next house I build (probably 8-10 years from now) will have a pole barn with a concrete floor, heat (at least SOME heat) and a 2 post. Hopefully a TIG, an 80 gallon compressor and a sandblast cabinet also. We'll see, need more income first.
....I hear the money is in..."street pharmacy" I know a guy who knows a guy if you wanna take up that hobby.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Street pharmaceuticals didn't really work out very well for our mutual amigo with the tendency toward 2 wheeled vehicles (though hopefully that blows over), so I think I'll pass. Besides, I work with legal drugs, and there is plenty of money there also.

edit: Just heard back from Julio Don at Alkycontrol about my controller. In less than shocking news, the guy I bought it from broke it (although, in my normal style, this is only the 2nd one of these he has seen fail out of 4000+ units, LOL). Just bought a new controller straight from the man himself, and he's pre-configuring it for my setup, so it should all be good to go when it gets here.

I suppose now I need to put the transmission back in, eh?

Last edited by digitalsolo; 10-01-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Is ANYONE still considering Muncie tomorrow? The weather.com hour-by-hour shows the rain stoppinn @ 10am. I'm still hoping to go.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be great to have a lift. The next house I build (probably 8-10 years from now) will have a pole barn with a concrete floor, heat (at least SOME heat) and a 2 post. Hopefully a TIG, an 80 gallon compressor and a sandblast cabinet also. We'll see, need more income first.
I have about a year left until I move back to Indiana. Thanks to the Air Force not allowing me much of a life outside of flying, the Mrs. and I have been saving so that when we get back, we'll drop some $ on some land and build the house we want. Along with the house I will have a pole barn (although it will probably end up more of a hanger). Anyways, it will be large and insulated with a heating element for winter. I hadn't planned on a lift, but possibly a pit. It will be a while until I can fill the hanger with toys, so you are welcome to utilize it as your shop if you need a place to wrench on Nicks car (or whoevers).
Old 10-01-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

May have to take you up on that on occasion. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Beast or Blake, where is the least expensive place to purchase an alky kit? I think i remember Nick saying that some places charge 100$ just for a 8 dollar plastic tank. Not sure if i will need it depending on what route i go this year, but its good info to have.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Beast or Blake, where is the least expensive place to purchase an alky kit? I think i remember Nick saying that some places charge 100$ just for a 8 dollar plastic tank. Not sure if i will need it depending on what route i go this year, but its good info to have.
Lucas, lots of gus (myself included) are using their windshield washer tank for the methanol tank. As far as kits go, there are actually a bunch out there to choose from. Most people just go to Alky-control since they are popular and make good kits.

I personally went with Snow Performance. It was a bit cheeper than Alky-control, and honestly after doing tons of research, it is of the same quality. I was torn between the two companies (Alky control and Snow Performance) for a while, but Julio rubbed me the wrong way when he strickly insisted that you should never use a water/meth mix. Whereas tons of meth injection users have been doing it for years with great success. Julio makes great kits and has really good customer service, I just couldn't seem to buy from the dude when he was in that type of buisness and seemed so ignorant.

If you're looking for the best kit for the $, I highly reccomend Snow Performance.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree 100% with Ben. Snow Performance Stage 2 kit is by far the best bang for the buck, and is what I've got as well. It's $200 cheaper than the Alky Control kit, and as Ben said, just as good.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do for a tank. My windshield washer reservoir MAYBE holds 4 cups of fluid, so that's a no go, and the tank that I got with the kit won't fit anywhere in my engine bay or car cleanly.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Beast
I agree 100% with Ben. Snow Performance Stage 2 kit is by far the best bang for the buck, and is what I've got as well. It's $200 cheaper than the Alky Control kit, and as Ben said, just as good.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do for a tank. My windshield washer reservoir MAYBE holds 4 cups of fluid, so that's a no go, and the tank that I got with the kit won't fit anywhere in my engine bay or car cleanly.
Nick, if you don't have room under the hood, maybe you could do a remote tank in the hatch somewhere. You're setup is going to guzzle some meth, so you're gonna need something that definatly holds more than 4 cups.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nick, I already told you this once.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...oduct_id=14120

Any size, any shape, methanol compatible. This is where the methanol companies get their tanks. 8-10 dollars, come with mounting ears and they come with thick spots to tap for your fittings (you can also get bulkhead fittings for the tanks there if you like).

As far as meth companies go. I was planning on going Snow Performance until I happened upon an Alkycontrol kit. It really is top notch stuff, and I like the way Julio does the fittings and such. It's very nice, not at all cheap though. He is very dead set on the all meth or nothing thing though. I was wanting to do that anyway so it worked out for me (my initial research was on Turbo Buick boards, where Alkycontrol is king). Nothing bad to say about Snow Performance though, they seem to be good stuff also, especially with their newer style pumps (same kind Alkycontrol uses from what I can tell).

I will say Julio's customer service is among the best I've dealt with. From what I understand Drew, Bob and the guys at EPP have had good luck with them also.

I had a controller failure with my kit (was bad before I got it, not Alkycontrol's fault, the guy I bought it from was a tard), hopefully it will come in and I'll get around to getting it going before winter hits, if not I'll have a review this weekend.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nick, I already told you this once.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...oduct_id=14120

Any size, any shape, methanol compatible. This is where the methanol companies get their tanks. 8-10 dollars, come with mounting ears and they come with thick spots to tap for your fittings (you can also get bulkhead fittings for the tanks there if you like).
vvv Ahem vvv

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
I think i remember Nick saying that some places charge 100$ just for a 8 dollar plastic tank.
Oh I know Like I said though, there is no place to mount it in the engine bay, and there is no where to mount it cleanly in the hatch area, since it won't fit where the jack and tools went like I was hoping, and there's no way I'm having a "whiteish" container like that visible in the hatch. That just screams "South Bend Tacky" If you don't use that fuel cell you've got, I'll more than likely pick that up off of you

Originally Posted by CALL911
Nick, if you don't have room under the hood, maybe you could do a remote tank in the hatch somewhere. You're setup is going to guzzle some meth, so you're gonna need something that definatly holds more than 4 cups.
I agree. I'd like to have somewhere in the ballpark of a 1/2 to 1 gallon capacity minimum. The fuel cell Blake has should work out pretty clean, if he doesn't plan on using it.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

If anybody wants to be entertained/humored, check this out:

http://www.fortwaynemuscle.net/forum...=9063#post9063
Old 10-01-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know that whitish tanks where you can see the level of the fuel in it is a good thing, right?

But, if you want black...

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...oduct_id=17430

You also realize that is a 5 gallon cell I have, right? It's BIG. Just FYI. You're welcome to it if you want it, just not sure where we'll put the thing.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know that whitish tanks where you can see the level of the fuel in it is a good thing, right?

But, if you want black...

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...oduct_id=17430

You also realize that is a 5 gallon cell I have, right? It's BIG. Just FYI. You're welcome to it if you want it, just not sure where we'll put the thing.
Hmm I thought it was a 2 gallon cell. Mah Bad Those black ones are 5 and 6 gallons that you posted up. Meth won't be needed for awhile, we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Last edited by The Beast; 10-01-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Does it take anyone else FOREVER to reply to this thread? I click reply, and it takes probably a minute to freakin bring up the reply screen.

Only on this thread though.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it does it with me too. Probably because it's such a long thread.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

I hear ya brother ,took me 1 min and 30 sec to post a reply. God you gotta love this new thing they call the internet, This ***** cool
Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

x4. I thought it was just me. Quick reply is ok though.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Just so everyone knows. GE drag day is cancelled tomorrow. Not enough interest.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I always quick reply, it's... quicker. Weird huh?

Drew, I'm sending a guy from Kuwait your way that messaged me about Nick's build. He wants a ~1500 HP LSx to put in a TT FD to run with a BADASS MarkIV Supra. I figure you guys handle a lot of business out his way.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!