Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
it could also be that it's labor day weekend. although i understand an STi with a bunch of sponsorship stickers can be intimidating.
Yeah that must be it... The guys in Corvette's Camaro's and Mustangs that have been coming up to Halls to hang out for years and saw that there were now a bunch of Subaru's parked up where they used to hang out, and they left. Not because they didn't want to hang out with Subaru's, but because they all were intimidated by them
Old 08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Paging Nasty Nate!! Are you gonna be up tonight? I'll be giving you a call later.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where were you? This is the weekend you were going to bring the car.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....postcount=2435

Damn keyboard racers....
Old 08-31-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CALL911
Yeah that must be it... The guys in Corvette's Camaro's and Mustangs that have been coming up to Halls to hang out for years and saw that there were now a bunch of Subaru's parked up where they used to hang out, and they left. Not because they didn't want to hang out with Subaru's, but because they all were intimidated by them
That guy with a the suby and the stickers lives around auburn or butler area, I've seen him before. I think his name is donny.

Oh Ben, I got my firebird door on finally. Didn't have to align it either. Do have to get a new window weatherstrip and realign the plate that holds the mirror. I am definetly gonna have to get some elbow grease and the scratch-x to the door. Took off the old door and it had a crack from the bottom hinge all the way to the top hinge.

Anybody know how to remove the firebird emblem on the door?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sluggo
Where were you? This is the weekend you were going to bring the car.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....postcount=2435

Damn keyboard racers....

What is bench racing?

Its when you install the Biggie stage eleventeen q-trim T6 quad divided hot side turbos and mods and stuff and race across teh internets
Nuff said.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Teching In

that guy w/ the stickered subaru's name is def. not donny. that's chuck used to be way into the rotarys and what not. does all the autocross stuff, pretty cool guy.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedarkness
that guy w/ the stickered subaru's name is def. not donny. that's chuck used to be way into the rotarys and what not. does all the autocross stuff, pretty cool guy.
Oh ok, I've seen a guy named donny drive around a blue subaru with stickers all over it. Don't know if he is sponsored though.

Then there is another guy that worked at thurmatru in butler that drove a subaru with a tirerack.com sticker across the windshield.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by halucinator
Oh ok, I've seen a guy named donny drive around a blue subaru with stickers all over it. Don't know if he is sponsored though.

Then there is another guy that worked at thurmatru in butler that drove a subaru with a tirerack.com sticker across the windshield.
i think the blue sti you're talking about is the 1 lap of america car or w/e its called. I've never met any guy named donny, but if its the car i'm thinking of, it needed warranty work because the turbo said **** this and ate its heads, luckily for me, thats the only thing it ate and i got his shortblock.

chuck is eccentric. Definitely been around too long, and dabbled in too much. he lets his ego get the best of him but if you listen long enough you may learn something, but first you gotta listen to his stories(grippy socks).

honestly, I had no idea all those guys were coming up, i wasn't trying to stage a revolution.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think the blue sti you're talking about is the 1 lap of america car or w/e its called. I've never met any guy named donny, but if its the car i'm thinking of, it needed warranty work because the turbo said **** this and ate its heads, luckily for me, thats the only thing it ate and i got his shortblock.

chuck is eccentric. Definitely been around too long, and dabbled in too much. he lets his ego get the best of him but if you listen long enough you may learn something, but first you gotta listen to his stories(grippy socks).

honestly, I had no idea all those guys were coming up, i wasn't trying to stage a revolution.
Oh well, never know I guess.

Subaru revolution at halls?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Bleed the brakes and the clutch and the tires will actually touch the ground while connected to the car......monumental occasion!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

it could also be that it's labor day weekend. although i understand an STi with a bunch of sponsorship stickers can be intimidating.
There needs to be a "digging your self deeper" smiley on here

yeah i love how he told me that he knows for a fact that an LQx iron block can't handle much boost or 1000whp for that matter, and that an Iron Block LSx FD RX7 is a waste of money and a perfectly good chassis He really knows his stuff
Old 08-31-2008, 08:14 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS1875
Bleed the brakes and the clutch and the tires will actually touch the ground while connected to the car......monumental occasion!!
Good to hear Darrin!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Good to hear Darrin!
Thanks Josh...it's been a long haul. Hows your beast coming along?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:37 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Josh...it's been a long haul. Hows your beast coming along?
It's not. Still sitting on jackstands with the motor torn apart with a cracked block.

Unfortunately it will be a while before it makes another appearance.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
It's not. Still sitting on jackstands with the motor torn apart with a cracked block.

Unfortunately it will be a while before it makes another appearance.
You know I can relate to that, I wish you luck with the rebuild, hopefully it won't take as long as mine has.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know I can relate to that, I wish you luck with the rebuild, hopefully it won't take as long as mine has.
What you planning so far?

My wife begged me to help with the door of the firebird yesterday and today. She definitely got her hands dirty.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by halucinator
What you planning so far?

My wife begged me to help with the door of the firebird yesterday and today. She definitely got her hands dirty.

Planning on keeping the darn thing on the road for awhile, getting an alignment done, start breaking in the new Cam/Clutch/Rearend, getting it tuned for N/A and power adder. and go to the track at least once before the season is over.
Then comes the real fun....resto of the 68 Firebird.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast
There needs to be a "digging your self deeper" smiley on here
that intimidation comment was meant with the most sarcasm possible. but digging yourself deeper could be implied by this haha atleast with me.

i have a tendency to stop paying attention when he starts arguing with people so i cant rebuttle what he was saying about what does and doesn't work.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Beast, is this the FD you are looking into getting? http://www.v8rx7forum.com/cars-sale/...er-3800-a.html
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Teching In

yah that's the one he was lookin at unless there was more than one red fd roller in gulf shores for that price

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!