Shawn, here's the other pic I was talking about to you earlier that I took;
]
Ben, Did you try that EVO last night?

And When are going out to take pictures of my turd? HA
Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by halucinator
Where was your car at? I was inside the beer fence after 9 then walked around and hit the 3 bars around the courthouse.

krobinson, I saw your car there but you were no where in sight! I saw you drive off too. Saw a nice black firehawk with a grand national sitting next to it. Then that guy with an 98+ firehawk that was black and automatic, I think he was next to your camaro almost with 15,xxx and the guy wanted over $20,000!! Wtf is up with that?
I didn't drive my car up cuz it was my first time going to the cruise in part cuz I just found out about it this year and didn't know how parking would be or how stuff worked.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice to meet you last night, Kyle and Adam.

Originally Posted by CALL911
Beast, is this the FD you are looking into getting? http://www.v8rx7forum.com/cars-sale/...er-3800-a.html
Yes sir. That's the one (pending more info and pictures). Blake also told me about this one as well: http://www.v8rx7forum.com/cars-sale/...-see-pics.html . And I apologize, I got the mileage on the 2 cars mixed up.

P.S. Awesome pictue BTW!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ
Ben, Did you try that EVO last night?

And When are going out to take pictures of my turd? HA
Lol, yeah we did. He would've been better matched up with Kyle I think than me.

We ran a couple times with similar results. After the 2nd slaughter, he pulled off to the side of the road as he supposedly blew off an intercooler coupling. His "buddy" asked me while on the phone with him if I would run again. I told him it would be pointless as we already did twice with the same results.

BTW, I do enjoy taking the vids and pics, but I have a feeling that unless I started charging money for it, I would be like Nate with no time on his hands if I started offering to do it for everyone. You definatly got a sweet ride though man!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have some free time, and I won't charge Ramon. Hit me up and I can hook you up.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Beast
Nice to meet you last night, Kyle and Adam.

Yes sir. That's the one (pending more info and pictures). Blake also told me about this one as well: http://www.v8rx7forum.com/cars-sale/...-see-pics.html . And I apologize, I got the mileage on the 2 cars mixed up.

P.S. Awesome pictue BTW!!!
I know its almost twice the amount of the other one, but that one is in better shape by far (not to mention it doesn't have a salvaged title). Depending on the market for the rotory engine's and tranny's, the 2nd one might be a better deal as you could probably sell the engine and tranny.

And thanks for the compliments on the picture!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Azar
I have some free time, and I won't charge Ramon. Hit me up and I can hook you up.
Drew, you take some great pics as well! Those pics of your RX-7 were impressive!

Sometime, I wouldn't mind getting a bunch of F-body's together (and maybe even an RX-7 or two ) and getting a group picture perhaps someplace like the parking garage tower at IPFW or something.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol, yeah we did. He would've been better matched up with Kyle I think than me.

We ran a couple times with similar results. After the 2nd slaughter, he pulled off to the side of the road as he supposedly blew off an intercooler coupling. His "buddy" asked me while on the phone with him if I would run again. I told him it would be pointless as we already did twice with the same results.

BTW, I do enjoy taking the vids and pics, but I have a feeling that unless I started charging money for it, I would be like Nate with no time on his hands if I started offering to do it for everyone. You definatly got a sweet ride though man!
I was shocked at how it ran last night compared to when I saw it at Muncie, but was by no means even close to your car.

And my God, I knew your car was crazy fast, but when you pulled several lengths on my bike in a hurry, and were still pulling away, really put it in perspective lol.

I know its almost twice the amount of the other one, but that one is in better shape by far (not to mention it doesn't have a salvaged title). Depending on the market for the rotory engine's and tranny's, the 2nd one might be a better deal as you could probably sell the engine and tranny.

And thanks for the compliments on the picture!
I was thinking the same thing, selling the unneeded motor, trans, and parts, which would offset the cost substantially. And the salvaged on the first one is due to what looks like a small fire in the engine harness, which is better than a wreck, but is by no means very comforting. Along with it missing random parts and pieces, I could fore see that nickle and diming me to death.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Ben the latest pic = very sexy nice work!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I decided to scratchx my junkyard door a little bit. Scratchx has done a wonderful job even being by hand. I used a microfiber towel to cut in more than I would have using a foam applicator, so I still have quite a bit to go all over the door.

Before scratchx.

After Scratchx.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Teching In

thats some impressive stuff. hey darkness, maybe you could use that to fix your front bumper.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Jest all you like sir you're still the import on the LS1 forum.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 09-01-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Drew, you take some great pics as well! Those pics of your RX-7 were impressive!

Sometime, I wouldn't mind getting a bunch of F-body's together (and maybe even an RX-7 or two ) and getting a group picture perhaps someplace like the parking garage tower at IPFW or something.
A group picture would be awesome. Anyway, I can't believe that Evo wanted to race again... unless he turned the boost up or something causing the coupler to come undone and then when he fixed it he though he had a chance? He got beat pretty bad. I really wish my car would have been up to the task. O well... I'm sure the asian kids in the brightly colored asian cars will be back again
Old 09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thedarkness
Jest all you like sir you're still the import on the LS1 forum.
im still trying to figure out what to put an ls1 into. and how much i could sell my body for in order to get this project started sooner.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What Evo are you guys talking about? That gray MR? I ran him a while back and missed the shift into 3rd and almost still got him. Ate him alive off a dig also, but I assumed he blew the launch. Nice enough guy though.

Nick,

The second one would be easier for sure, and probably cost about the same long term. If you've got the money up front for the nicer car, it's definitely a lot less work.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
What Evo are you guys talking about? That gray MR? I ran him a while back and missed the shift into 3rd and almost still got him. Ate him alive off a dig also, but I assumed he blew the launch. Nice enough guy though.

Nick,

The second one would be easier for sure, and probably cost about the same long term. If you've got the money up front for the nicer car, it's definitely a lot less work.
Yep thats the Evo. But it's WAY diffrent compared to what it was when I saw it at the track running 15's a few weeks ago. It's quite a bit quicker. Both of Ben's races were from ~20MPH. Shae got beat from a dig and a kick.

And I'm all for spending a little bit more money for ease and convenience, as long as the budget allows for it. So I'll have to get to work on finalizing the motor/turbo setup and then the cost of that and trans, swap kit, etc. and see what I have left to spend from there. If it comes down to it I'll just take out a small loan for the body
Old 09-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast
Yep thats the Evo. But it's WAY diffrent compared to what it was when I saw it at the track running 15's a few weeks ago. It's quite a bit quicker. Both of Ben's races were from ~20MPH. Shae got beat from a dig and a kick.
was that an MR?

BB-can i get a ride in the GTO? I wanna know what your car feels like.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
was that an MR?
Pretty sure it was

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!