Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
I'm going over now to look at it Ben. If the timing chain breaks (which thats what it sounds like), usually valves kiss the pistons.
Got the news Joe. Saw the pushrod (yikes). Fortunatly at this point he has a cam and a set of heads sitting back at base in IL waiting to go in anyways. Hopefully the shortblock is not damaged
Old 09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tt Vette Update?

Well, after Nate got the t/c cover off, the cam gear came right off with it. ALL 3 cam gear bolts sheared completely off, have recovered 2 so far, other one MIA. Chain is not broken, oil pump sleeve chewed up a little, metal everywhere, not good. Now, as I was inspecting valvetrain, 3 exhaust valve STUCK open (probably bent from kissing pistons when cam gear broke), there are 2 other valves that are 50/50 to, and 1 mangled pushrod! We will have the heads off in the next day or so, seeing what other damage might have occured? Have never meet the owner or anything, but we will get it fixed for you.

Joe
Old 09-07-2008, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Damn that sucks to hear about Sean's car
Old 09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JPH
Well, after Nate got the t/c cover off, the cam gear came right off with it. ALL 3 cam gear bolts sheared completely off, have recovered 2 so far, other one MIA. Chain is not broken, oil pump sleeve chewed up a little, metal everywhere, not good. Now, as I was inspecting valvetrain, 3 exhaust valve STUCK open (probably bent from kissing pistons when cam gear broke), there are 2 other valves that are 50/50 to, and 1 mangled pushrod! We will have the heads off in the next day or so, seeing what other damage might have occured? Have never meet the owner or anything, but we will get it fixed for you.

Joe
The news is bitter-sweet at best, hopefully the bottom end is fine. Thanks for the update.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Just to let everyone know there is a 2000 z28 at 14/69 auto mall thats going for 7000.

It looked pretty clean

Auto though
Old 09-07-2008, 04:55 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Just to let everyone know there is a 2000 z28 at 14/69 auto mall thats going for 7000.

It looked pretty clean

Auto though
Auto is the ONLY way to go!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tunedports10

It looked pretty clean

Auto though
What dealer? The one at Kellys with like 150k on it?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ryanisl33t
I'm suprised they would even put that on the lot lol.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JPH

Joe
Hope everything works out for him. That would suck to have that happen while your away from home.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JPH

Joe
Thanks for the update Joe. Pushrods, heads, cam, he has replacements for anyways, so it's more of an inconvienence on timing rather than a big deal, as he had planned on doing that stuff later, but now is forced into getting it done. He's just crossing his fingers at this point that the bottom end is still in tact.

Keep us updated.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

This is mostly for Ramone, as he hadn't seen it yet, but here's the conclusion of the TT Vette and the Z;

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...win_169566.htm
Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CALL911
This is mostly for Ramone, as he hadn't seen it yet, but here's the conclusion of the TT Vette and the Z;

Wow Ben, I would have thought the TT vette would have gotten you.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911

Sick.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice video Ben. Remind me never to race you.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ryanisl33t
I think it was kellys. It still looked like it was is pretty good condition body wise, which makes a good project car. Maybe for SDB
Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Joe, thanks for the update. Nate's been sending me pics all day (and they're nasty). I'm hoping that the metal is just from the chewing around from everything when it let loose at 4500+ RPM. I'm hoping the bottom end is still good and I can salvage that, but I do have a backup plan if I did indeed chunk up a piston or something (just hoping in that case I didn't ruin a turbo). I'm going to call or email Herter tomorrow and see what he thinks of tuning the new setup, and I'm sending all my extra parts out ASAP to you at the shop once I have the address. As for the other parts that you're going to source for me as per Nate, can you take a CC payment on the phone for those (ARP Cam Bolts, Mobil 1 oil and filter, antifreeze, gaskets, ect)???

Note to self: pay better attention to where I'm at and don't kiss the rev limiter at full throttle.

I REALLY appreciate all the help and support I've gotten from everyone involved. I really can't express how thankful I am that you guys were there and willing to help.

Ben......getcha popcorn ready. I'm showing you tail lights with the new stuff on the car.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
ha ha guys, i will give her # to all of you if that would break her up with her current BF.

She did say something about Nasty being good looking on the way home and some guy with a bike who didnt talk very much. She effing hatess ricers, so that counts you out Cobb. LOL, J/k
1-260-385-7227

I'll take hers also any time.....

Luke i need to borrow your tools....hahaha Yea so the tow truck dropped the car off last night at 4am and by 7 am I had it down to the water pump and timing cover. Then I went to bed at 7:30 and woke back up at 10 and started pulling the rest down.. Sean is a really nice guy, JPH and I will get that bad boy back going soon for him
Old 09-07-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's some initial carnage pics for you waiting to see.

First inspection it looked ok.

Joe modeling my new custom pushrods:

Metal floating around:

What's missing here???

Found a couple of them.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Joe, thanks for the update. Nate's been sending me pics all day (and they're nasty). I'm hoping that the metal is just from the chewing around from everything when it let loose at 4500+ RPM. I'm hoping the bottom end is still good and I can salvage that, but I do have a backup plan if I did indeed chunk up a piston or something (just hoping in that case I didn't ruin a turbo). I'm going to call or email Herter tomorrow and see what he thinks of tuning the new setup, and I'm sending all my extra parts out ASAP to you at the shop once I have the address. As for the other parts that you're going to source for me as per Nate, can you take a CC payment on the phone for those (ARP Cam Bolts, Mobil 1 oil and filter, antifreeze, gaskets, ect)???

Note to self: pay better attention to where I'm at and don't kiss the rev limiter at full throttle.

I REALLY appreciate all the help and support I've gotten from everyone involved. I really can't express how thankful I am that you guys were there and willing to help.

Ben......getcha popcorn ready. I'm showing you tail lights with the new stuff on the car.
NO problem Sean. PM sent as well.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Here's some initial carnage pics for you waiting to see.

First inspection it looked ok.

Joe modeling my new custom pushrods:

Metal floating around:

What's missing here???

Found a couple of them.
What people CAN'T see in the first pic of the valvetrain, (pass. side) is the to valves (int/exh) are open, that because there slightly bent. The driver side has 3 CLEARLY bent exhaust valves.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!