Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
Should, if not I know who cam fix it for you. Wheres the adapter pipe from the header collector to x-pipe?
dunno? its from texas-speed i figured it was a slip over design?
Old 09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SDB
what is your rail FP? It might be a bit different with the new fuel pumps and stuff you have gone through. Just put the jumper wire in there and hit the go fast switch! You need to power that thing up this winter...new shortblock!!! Get a LS2 402 or a LS3 416/418 and resue your top stuff...get the FAST ported by Al, and get a nasty JPH cam (just make sure it isnt one of his ***** little cams). Then start to lighten it up, take out the front bumper support and other little things. Should run 10.7 on motor then! Dump the C6 Brakes and get some Bogarts...always thought Bogarts would look killer on the car!
Hey now, one of the FASTEST LS1 cars in town still has one of my 228/232 cam in it and it's still haulin the mail and people are still playing catch up! Wait till the new ALL motor grind goes into it.

Last edited by JPH; 09-20-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
what is your rail FP? It might be a bit different with the new fuel pumps and stuff you have gone through. Just put the jumper wire in there and hit the go fast switch! You need to power that thing up this winter...new shortblock!!! Get a LS2 402 or a LS3 416/418 and resue your top stuff...get the FAST ported by Al, and get a nasty JPH cam (just make sure it isnt one of his ***** little cams). Then start to lighten it up, take out the front bumper support and other little things. Should run 10.7 on motor then! Dump the C6 Brakes and get some Bogarts...always thought Bogarts would look killer on the car!
No shortblock this winter. I'll be lucky if I can get a stronger rear. Looking at a couple different used 9 inchers, but waiting until after the 8th. Maybe I'll break the rear and "have to" get a stronger one. I've also got my eye those new Billet Specialties wheels. They're making a 17X4 that's supposed to clear C5/6 brakes. Maybe do a 17X4 and 15X10 with a narrowed rear? Time will tell. Money is super tight now. I'll make $60k less this year than I did in 2006! That'll put a crimp in the "upgrade budget".
Old 09-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Looking for a suggestion, what would be a good cam choice for a ported-heads, and intake 4x4 5.3 Silverado on nitrous? Something streetable.
I have no clue why, but my friend suddenly wants to build his Silverado Z71 to haul ***.

I think it might have to do with all the TBSS and Nitrous Silverados I showed him on youtube. LoL

I'm good with 5.0 cams, but not sure with LTx, LSx, or LMx motors.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
Looking for a suggestion, what would be a good cam choice for a ported-heads, and intake 4x4 5.3 Silverado on nitrous? Something streetable.
I have no clue why, but my friend suddenly wants to build his Silverado Z71 to haul ***.

I think it might have to do with all the TBSS and Nitrous Silverados I showed him on youtube. LoL

Assuming that this is directed towards me, I would say put something in it like this:
Custom Crane 210/222 .551/.585 114+4 (HR5/HR5)
Custom Crane 216/228 .590/.600 114+4 (LSHS/HR5)

Last edited by JPH; 09-20-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

**** that, put a cam like Nates in that thing!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krobinson123
**** that, put a cam like Nates in that thing!
Did you get the new fuel pump in Kyle?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

SDB,

Maybe you should get a new car... and do all the things you tell everyone else to do to that car, instead of living vicariously...
Old 09-20-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh

I'd recommend before he upgrades it, he should have 2000 dollars for the tranny, and a bit more for rear end rebuilds.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Teching In

4L80E's are strongest when rebuilt for this type of application correct? Do the trucks come with a 12 bolt rear?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
SDB,

Maybe you should get a new car... and do all the things you tell everyone else to do to that car, instead of living vicariously...
Didn't you read his sig? No one races anymore, so why would he get a car? We all just sit in a parking lot and compare who has the cleanest car.
(Not aimed at pissing off SDB, just aimed at also trying to get him to get a car so he can come back to racing with us).

On another same note; Blake, you comin' out tonight to run Luke???
Old 09-20-2008, 05:57 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

SDB,

Its fun to do things this way...Maybe I will buy a RX7 and work on it for 3-4 years, and talk about how fast it is, and then never quite finish it...that could be fun too! Always be "just about ready to..." but not quite!

Don't worry...if I get a car, it will be the fastest thing in this little group of ours...like always..and then it will sit in my garage while everyone else plays catch up...like always....and then I will sell it since no one is up for racing, and then I will go back to the dog park!

I will continue to give good advice! Its free! I heard a while back your goal was to be able to beat me (or in this case, my old car). Hope you get there soon! Massey may just sell that thing next spring!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Assuming that this is directed towards me, I would say put something in it like this:
Custom Crane 210/222 .551/.585 114+4 (HR5/HR5)
Custom Crane 216/228 .590/.600 114+4 (LSHS/HR5)
Why a 12* split? Not trying to say it wouldn't work because my cam is funky like that. Its a custom grind for my TBSS and duation, lift, LSA is all different than those but the same 12* split. Just looking for some insight why my tuner had mine ground like that. Also mine has an XER intake and XE exhaust lobe. Less duration and more lift on the intake, more duration and less lift on the exhaust. I can give you more specifics in a PM if that helps. Its custom and a bit different than anything I've ever seen so not sure about posting any more than that.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB

Don't worry...if I get a car, it will be the fastest thing in this little group of ours...like always..and then it will sit in my garage while everyone else plays catch up...like always....and then I will sell it since no one is up for racing, and then I will go back to the dog park!
Stop. You won't get a car. You say you will, but you won't, and until you ACTUALLY do, you are the slowest in town.

(did that make you want to get one now?)
Old 09-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911

On another same note; Blake, you comin' out tonight to run Luke???

I think his car will be slow cruising only until tuesday. No wheels as of last night. Last night he said tire shakes at 65 and stops, then comes back strong at 125.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Stop. You won't get a car. You say you will, but you won't, and until you ACTUALLY do, you are the slowest in town.

(did that make you want to get one now?)
Ben, stop being such a THUG. Your making me skeered.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

Slowr when you headin to Lamberts ANSWER YER PHONE lol.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
Its fun to do things this way...Maybe I will buy a RX7 and work on it for 3-4 years, and talk about how fast it is, and then never quite finish it...that could be fun too! Always be "just about ready to..." but not quite!
I built my car in July. I guess that's almost 2 months though.

I ran Lucas last weekend, and I'll be ready again as soon as I have wheels that don't vibrate like a Harley at idle.

As far as taking my time, indeed I do. I prefer to do it right the first time, instead of the push it till it breaks and try again theory. You, obviously, prefer another method.

As far as building the fastest car in the little group, go for it. Call me when you aren't in a pickup truck, we'll race. You might win, I don't particularly care. I'm sure you'll run your mouth, win or lose though.

As far as beating Scott, I strongly doubt my setup will do so. I'd be quite happy to somewhat keep up though, and I think the car is capable of doing so. I'd expect a pass in the higher half of the 10s out of my car. Obviously Scott's car is capable of substantially more. That's fine, doesn't bother me any.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go polish my car. I plan on standing around at Hall's and staring at it tonight. That's all we do ya know.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
I think his car will be slow cruising only until tuesday. No wheels as of last night. Last night he said tire shakes at 65 and stops, then comes back strong at 125.
Indeed. My new wheels are supposed to be here Monday. I've always had an annoying shake from 65-75 mph, but running Luke last weekend was the first time I'd had it up in the 130+ range, and the vibration comes back in badly up there. I'd rather take a weekend off and get made fun of rather than wreck my car. It's just not worth it. I'm content to cruise up to the 100-105 mph range though, as the vibration seems to be wheel RPM related, it's not too bad until you get into the 65 + 65 + 65 zone. I guess 200 mph would suck also.

I'll be in St. Louis next weekend, I'll be back the following weekend on the new wheels. I've got the nitrous prepped, bottle filled and fuel for the nitrous fuel system in the garage. The tune is (I think) ready for the spray, but I can't really test well if I can't make a full pull on it. We'll see what she can do as soon as I get back.

I'm still thinking about tearing it down and putting a turbo on it this winter. We'll see how the economy does, I'd rather not go into debt on a car.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 09-20-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go polish my car. I plan on standing around at Hall's and staring at it tonight. That's all we do ya know.
I don't think even Azar could have said something that funny.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!