Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*UPDATE FOR NEXT WEEKENDS CALL911 CRUISE*

So far the cruise will be on Saturday as that seems to be the more universal day everyone is available. LM Speed is having a free dyno day I will be going to with at least the Camaro and probably the Formula. I was hoping we could all meet up there to start the cruise. Assuming this works for everyone, we will then cruise to somewhere to eat, and follow it up with the photoshoot, and then off to Halls of coarse.

LM Speeds dyno day is advertised as completly free dyno pulls. There also will be food and prizes there for others that may want to throw their cars on the dyno just to see what they do. LM Speed is located in Decator. TheDarkness suggested a diner in Decator to eat at. Kenny also suggested another great place to eat and cruise to in Warsaw. Not sure on what it will be. Since we will be in Decator it makes sense to just go to the diner there and cruise back to the Fort. However if its early in the day, and everyone wants a little bigger of a cruise, we could always make the drive to Warsaw and back also. Where we eat, and where to take the photoshoot is still up in the air for suggestions and reccomendations.

For sure though it will start Saturday at LMSpeeds dyno day.

Info on LM Speed dyno day> https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/994623-late-model-speed-open-house-dyno-day-10-18-08-a.html
Old 10-12-2008, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just give me your keys, I promise too take care of CALL911 for you... by the way did you know that your 3rd brake light is flaky?? only have lights up bright when you apply the brakes.
Follow the dream Ben, its people like you that we need more of!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Decatur sounds good too me....a little closer to home in case the SS gets the blues.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
My folks do. Its not mine, i couldnt afford a house and a cottage. not yet.
Why do you ask?
i think your sister went wakeboarding with me and my brother and brian holman a few years ago. i was at your party and i thought i knew her from some where and i put the two together. the holmans live a few houses down from were your parents are.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CALL911
Even if I wanted the airline spot (and I don't), it doesn't work like that. I do have my private pilots license. But all that enables me to fly is a single engine propellor driven land plane. And I only have 50 hours.

To be considered for a Commercial spot, you have to have an average of 3,000+ hours in a large jet airframe. Just to give you an idea of what that would cost to get me there, I spent over $5,000 just getting the 50 hours I did in the little cheep Cessna prop plane. Jets are 3-5 times cost to rent, and I would have to get different ratings approved just to get there. Not to mention the Commercial pilots are getting paid peanuts right now as the airline industry is in the dumps with them taking such a huge hit on fuel, which is forcing a lot of pay cuts, and lots of pilots are retiring early as it is.

I really want to be a military pilot right now at least. I enjoy with a passion defending the nation, making the world a safer place for all of us, and enjoy little else in this world like I enjoy flying combat sorties. Down the road after the DOD has spent crazy money on me getting me thousands of hours in the left seat of a large aircraft, then possibly the commercial pilot spot will become an option on the side of flying for the Air Force. Hopefully by then enough pilots will retire in the civilian world, and the airline industry will have turned around enough where the pay would be worth at least considering.

I will still be stationed back here. It's just going to be a couple years before I am done with all the training. I do plan on coming back to visit at least a few times a year even when I am gone.

Very well said Ben. When I was a kid flying whether it being Air Force or Navy, was one of my dreams and then to become a NASA Scientist. I got shutdown of my dreams when I joined the NG and they said I was colorblind. Being colorblind really shut out a lot of choices I wanted (So I'm stuck in communications). Even to be a mechanic in the Army you have to have full color vision. I also have a cousin that is in the NAVY flying F/A-18s. Also lucky to know that he graduated Top Gun.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Just got back from memphis which was a killer time minus the Coyote REALLY Ugly lesbo... Thanks to Joe and Nate for showing us a good time!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Clays99TA
Just got back from memphis which was a killer time minus the Coyote REALLY Ugly lesbo... Thanks to Joe and Nate for showing us a good time!
No problem Clay. Sorry I had to bowout on the Saturday nite outting, I was pretty burn't. I guess you, drew and cody learned 2 things? If you don't have a BIG *** turbo or a 800+ N/A LSX motor in your car, your not going do very well in the big classes.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:15 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

So far the cruise will be on Saturday as that seems to be the more universal day everyone is available. LM Speed is having a free dyno day I will be going to with at least the Camaro and probably the Formula. I was hoping we could all meet up there to start the cruise. Assuming this works for everyone, we will then cruise to somewhere to eat, and follow it up with the photoshoot, and then off to Halls of coarse.

LM Speeds dyno day is advertised as completly free dyno pulls. There also will be food and prizes there for others that may want to throw their cars on the dyno just to see what they do. LM Speed is located in Decator. TheDarkness suggested a diner in Decator to eat at. Kenny also suggested another great place to eat and cruise to in Warsaw. Not sure on what it will be. Since we will be in Decator it makes sense to just go to the diner there and cruise back to the Fort. However if its early in the day, and everyone wants a little bigger of a cruise, we could always make the drive to Warsaw and back also. Where we eat, and where to take the photoshoot is still up in the air for suggestions and reccomendations.

Info on LM Speed dyno day> https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=994623
Probably a huge church parking lot Ben. It wouldn't hurt for some of ous to be on holy ground anyways from time to time. (reffering to BB)
Old 10-12-2008, 10:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPH
No problem Clay. Sorry I had to bowout on the Saturday nite outting, I was pretty burn't. I guess you, drew and cody learned 2 things? If you don't have a BIG *** turbo or a 800+ N/A LSX motor in your car, your not going do very well in the big classes.
Look for a few ProChargers next year!

It was great hanging out with you guys again!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

JPH car was cutting up pretty bad Saturday night, definitely not running like it was that night we went out to Slower's party. Big vibration on the highway to....doesn't feel right.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Info on LM Speed dyno day> https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=994623
Hey Ben I'm probably up for it. Hopefully I get out of work at a descent time on Saturday because lately I've been getting out of work around 3 or 3:30pm, but I work in Garrett. I've been wanting to dyno my car to see how much hp and I've never dynoed my car before either. How late is everyone planning on staying at LM Speed on Saturday, and what time do you think we will be done eating and with the photoshoot on Saturday. I hope it won't be too late because I have to work the next morning at 4am. And let's just hope for everyone's sake that it doesn't rain!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 11:30 PM
10 Second Club

Hey I was wondering if anyone was going to do any part of the Hot Rod Power Tour this coming year? And if so what part or parts are you going to do? I've thought about doing it and thought it would be fun to do once. Thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
And let's just hope for everyone's sake that it doesn't rain!!!!
Dont you dare say rain! Everybody thing positive thoughts! \

Ben, i am pretty sure i talked to you at the lot Saturday night, but i'm down for a get together on next saturday. If there is anything i can help out with, let me know.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS1875
Just give me your keys, I promise too take care of CALL911 for you... by the way did you know that your 3rd brake light is flaky?? only have lights up bright when you apply the brakes.
Follow the dream Ben, its people like you that we need more of!!!
I'll have to check out the brake light thing. It mayjust be the different design of my tailights though. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Dont you dare say rain! Everybody thing positive thoughts! \

Ben, i am pretty sure i talked to you at the lot Saturday night, but i'm down for a get together on next saturday. If there is anything i can help out with, let me know.
I'll have all the details ironed out before thisweekend arrives. I'll keep posting as more details become concrete.

Thanks to all for the input!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anybody plannin on goin to muncie weds. It looks like they are callin for fn rain
Old 10-13-2008, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Is anybody plannin on goin to muncie weds. It looks like they are callin for fn rain
Another wash-out.

Ben, I'm down for a cruise, but I'm attending a wedding in Ohio late afternoon. I'll hang out as long as I can, though.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ben,

I'm up for the weekend, though I'll have to be a ride-along or in the Beemer, since the Mazda is in little pieces.

To anyone that might keep up with the motorcycle drags at all, this weekend was amazing.

Korry Hogan set a new top speed record in Top Fuel, with a 250.97 mph pass, making him the first man to ever top 250 mph.

My Uncle Larry "The Spiderman" McBride won the race with the quickest motorcycle pass in Norwalk history at 5.90 seconds at 244 mph.

The ProStreet class (mostly street legal, minimimally stretched bikes with a DOT legal tire and no wheelie bars) ran 7.26 seconds and 206 mph.

The SuperStreet class (even more restrictive than ProStreet) ran 202 mph and 7.78 seconds.

Norwalk was awesome as always facilities wise too. Pretty cool racing. 250+ mph in the 1/4 on a bike is crazy, as is 5.90 on that short track and 206 mph on a streetbike.

Wowza.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Teching In

There's another place in Decatur that would have more parking I think its called the back 40 junction kinda like a tavern pub thing pretty decent food might be more able to accomodate us better being a larger group
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned

Ben i work till 6 on saturday....want to be apart of the cruise and photoshoot...let me know what we can work out....
Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Default Time of Dyno Day

What time does everyone plan on going to Decatur for the Dyno Day and cruise? I checked his site for the details and didn't find anything.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!