Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB

WHo owns the Acura dealership? I didn't know they were in trouble, but hell, EVERYONE is in trouble now. I just looked over my AIG Valic account, lost 24% this term. Economy is bad bad bad bad....I am going to stay in Mexico and be a bartender or something!
The only thing I've noticed about the economy has been it's now alot cheaper to fill up the Trailblazer
Old 10-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Ricky Martin, You need to check out the video Zack posted over on FWM. its shows you getting a win on Cobb, and has Cobb actually winning some races. The end of the video is you with your thank you speach. Soooo funny!!!!!
the racing isn't the best, i missed 2nd and still walked past him at 100 but the commentary at the end by ramon is worth the watch.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
The only thing I've noticed about the economy has been it's now alot cheaper to fill up the Trailblazer
isn't it nice? i actually filled up both cars this week and i was able to keep smiling while i did it.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

2.99 gas dumdumdum.

I couldn't hear what Ramon said....am I deaf?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Ben, what's the schedule for Saturday? Meet here in town somewhere and head to LMS? A cruise Sunday would be better for me, but I'll be there Saturday 'til at least 1:30.
Alright, the schedule for the CALL911 cruise is as follows. I will be at the Shell gas station at SR14 and I-69 at 11 am. Anyone interested in a cruise to LM Speed can meet up with me and whoever else there at that time (departure from Shell at 11:15). As of now, I also plan on staying at LM Speed until the dyno day is over at 5pm.

Then we will get final confirmation on where to go for dinner. I believe there have been 3 different places suggested, a diner, another buffet place suggested by darkness, and then the place C6NVADER reccomended. Depending on what everyone wants to go for, and what will be available for a group our size will determine where it is.

The cruise will continue after dinner back into the Fort, to the IPFW parking garage for the photo shoot. After that, we'll cruise to Halls.

If anyone wants my cell, just give me a PM. I'll be bringing both the video camera and the Canon camera for pics.

Blake, if you want a ride, it would probably be easiest to meet up at the Shell station.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Azar
2.99 gas dumdumdum.

pretty much he thanked his mom and dad for banging and then thanks me for doing the ricer rapid honk.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
the racing isn't the best, i missed 2nd and still walked past him at 100 but the commentary at the end by ramon is worth the watch.
WOW Ramon
Old 10-16-2008, 08:47 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2.99 gas dumdumdum.

2.99? Is that all the cheaper it is there???

It was 2.47 this morning here!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, they are ******* us pretty hard in the Fort on gas. I was in Norwalk, OH over the weekend. It was 3.15 here and 2.67 there.

Ben,

I'll meet up at the Shell, sounds good. We can stash my car at my office, which is all of 1/4 mile from there.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

G'damn, 5 hours at LMS...I may just meet you guys later. Lighting could be weird by the time you guys start wanting to shoot some photos...may suit you guys to line 'em up at LMS and have Ben snap some.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be taking shots throughout the day. I've done the IPFW parking garage shots before, and even at night they turn out pretty good. I am all about kicking things off for dinner and the photoshoot earlier though. For all I care, we could go from LM Speed to the photoshoot, then to dinner in the Fort. That may be even better as we will have more light, and more options for food back in the Fort.

I know its ultimatly up to me, as its my last cruise in the Fort, but I want to pick something that accomodates as many as possible, so feel free to throw up more suggestions if you have them.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
My welds are exceedingly ugly, but they'll work for tacks. Gotta have someone proper weld it after mockup is complete.

Not bad pimp what type of pipe are you using ?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CALL911
I'll be taking shots throughout the day. I've done the IPFW parking garage shots before, and even at night they turn out pretty good. I am all about kicking things off for dinner and the photoshoot earlier though. For all I care, we could go from LM Speed to the photoshoot, then to dinner in the Fort. That may be even better as we will have more light, and more options for food back in the Fort.

I know its ultimatly up to me, as its my last cruise in the Fort, but I want to pick something that accomodates as many as possible, so feel free to throw up more suggestions if you have them.
****, forgot it was your last cruise. Now I have to go!

Pictures turn out there at night, but the lights they have add that disgusting yellow tint to everything. It just makes it harder to post-process. I'm as Nick says "DFW"
Old 10-16-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
WOW Ramon
Thanks for hooking Dean up with a block, Nate
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Beast
**** YOU, NATE! Stealin my sales and what have you.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
Not bad pimp what type of pipe are you using ?
It's just aluminized steel, 14 gauge. I don't have much space to work with as far as bracing the turbo, so I went with the heavier gauge aluminized instead of stainless to try and prevent cracking with the weight. The turbo is only 20 lbs, so I should be alright. The pipe is a little heavier than 16 gauge or stainless, but I figure 2-3 lbs won't hurt me too badly.

It's going to swain for their "white lightning" ceramic coating, so it should be well protected.

I'm going to try to get the passenger side mocked up tonight, it's got to make some severe bends in not a lot of space, and merge nicely to keep the crossover pressure in check, so it'll be loads of fun.

Nick/Beast,

I'm trying to keep this tight in the places that are snug in an FD in the hope that it'll fit yours and we can just make a jig for it (Drew, jig for you too). I have a bunch of extra pipe, so I may just make up a spare to use in one of your cars or sell on the V8RX7Forum. Oh, and Drew, I bought an auto-dimming welding mask at China Dock (Harbor Freight). I suck WAY less at welding when I can see WTF I'm doing.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

**** YOU, NATE! Stealin my sales and what have you.

as our once famous teen idle Brittney said " oops I did it again "
Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
Hey no problem I made one phone call and found one that would work for him... Im starting to feel like im the used parts wholesale house....

Hey guys Im selling my ZO6 wheels without tires if anyone is interested let me know I would let them go for $ 500 for all four without tires they are 18x10.5 so you would need spaciers and extended studs
Old 10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
It's just aluminized steel, 14 gauge. I don't have much space to work with as far as bracing the turbo, so I went with the heavier gauge aluminized instead of stainless to try and prevent cracking with the weight. The turbo is only 20 lbs, so I should be alright. The pipe is a little heavier than 16 gauge or stainless, but I figure 2-3 lbs won't hurt me too badly.

It's going to swain for their "white lightning" ceramic coating, so it should be well protected.

I'm going to try to get the passenger side mocked up tonight, it's got to make some severe bends in not a lot of space, and merge nicely to keep the crossover pressure in check, so it'll be loads of fun.

Nick/Beast,

I'm trying to keep this tight in the places that are snug in an FD in the hope that it'll fit yours and we can just make a jig for it (Drew, jig for you too). I have a bunch of extra pipe, so I may just make up a spare to use in one of your cars or sell on the V8RX7Forum. Oh, and Drew, I bought an auto-dimming welding mask at China Dock (Harbor Freight). I suck WAY less at welding when I can see WTF I'm doing.
Awesome, subframe and kit (minus driveshaft and bumpsteer) should be sent out today/tomorrow, or monday at the latest, so we might be able to start doing some "mock up"

Last edited by The Beast; 10-16-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:44 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5400 posts!

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!