Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
What are you doing this winter then? I think I remember you talking about your transmission was almost out.
Yep trans was shot. Got that taken care of. Thanks again to Nate. If yours is stock you might as well take it out and get it done when you do the converter or you'll be in the same boat.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
for no more than your are doing GLM should be able to tune it with no problem i mean as far as time goes...couple hours tops....
Maybe Chad has a spare bedroom?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Teching In

pat does and it is scary..**** and lava lamps...it freaked me out...
Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOL, guess I missed quite a bit...

And yes the hovercraft is in the garage:
Old 11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup it is travis...never had a problem with travis, jared i think is the green 94 mustang that about killed us all on 69 that nite,....he rides dirty

ok back to car **** , who has there car put away for the winter?
nate?-yup
juiced2000?--yup
blake?--yup
slick5.0?-yup
beast?--yup
josh?
robinson?
red01camero?-yup
azar?--yup
shocker?--yup
SGT SLED?
switches?-yup soon
rob?-yup
tery02?--yup
zach?--yup
mike?-yup
vader?-yup
bandit?-yup
darren?-yup
kaboom? aka sham-wow?-yup
slower?-yup
anyone else sorry, going off of memory..at my age i feel i did a pretty good job..
Mine's been in hibernation since April! Hopefully it will find it's way back out this spring.

I actually just got my wife's car running again tonight. It will be out and about al winter, pending none of that white stuff.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When the second or third time I saw flurries I parked the Firebird which was last week. No storage this year (Have no room in the barns since the talon is still down), its gonna sit outside with a cover over it. I'm definitely not gonna drive it around since I see salt on the road. Yuck.

Think it would be legal to attach this to the car so all the damn people that cut me off will get a surprise? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sALiuWg_I1k
Old 11-25-2008, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
Yep trans was shot. Got that taken care of. Thanks again to Nate. If yours is stock you might as well take it out and get it done when you do the converter or you'll be in the same boat.
How much did it cost you? I know Joe said I might need to rebuild my transmission soon after I do all this stuff to my car, since I'll probably add 100 hp to the motor all at once! Joe told me someone's transmission shot after the 3rd WOT pull when Chad was tuning the car. I'm putting a tranny cooler and shift kit in at the same time as the stall converter. I'm doing the same shift kit as Mike V. has and Yank's new SBS3800 stall converter.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
Maybe Chad has a spare bedroom?
If I would have to stay down there my Uncle and Grandma lives in Kokomo so it's no big deal and I would have to take it down during the week most likely since I work on the weekends.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:25 AM
10 Second Club

Well I never had the chance to post my dyno results from the Brenspeed dyno day so I figure I would post it now. This was on November 1st. Joe sort of wanted me to post this so Brandon Boyd could see where his Air Fuel Ratio should be. All I have on this dyno was bolt ons and wanted to see what my car will dyno before and after the heads and cam that I install this winter!
http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/r...ber12008-1.jpg
Old 11-26-2008, 04:10 AM
12 Second Club

My trucks put away for the winter and under construction

Blake, I will be giving you a call when I get off work at 5 about picking up the hairdryer for mock up
Old 11-26-2008, 04:16 AM
Teching In

but does a MACH have IRS? if not my bad...all we need is another wheelie puller at muncie...from fort wayne representin'...
SRA On the Mach, IRS on the cobra.
Not looking for a wheelstand show, just looking to be able to fully use first and second gear.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
How much did it cost you? I know Joe said I might need to rebuild my transmission soon after I do all this stuff to my car, since I'll probably add 100 hp to the motor all at once! Joe told me someone's transmission shot after the 3rd WOT pull when Chad was tuning the car. I'm putting a tranny cooler and shift kit in at the same time as the stall converter. I'm doing the same shift kit as Mike V. has and Yank's new SBS3800 stall converter.
Yeah, that was my car. The tranny cooler is a must have for a converter. PM Nate on that, it's a good deal if you can pull it out yourself. If your not doing this yourself it would suck to get charged twice to take the trans back out again.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:15 AM
12 Second Club

yup it is travis...never had a problem with travis, jared i think is the green 94 mustang that about killed us all on 69 that nite,....he rides dirty

nate?-yup
juiced2000?--yup
blake?--yup
slick5.0?-yup
beast?--yup
josh?
robinson?
red01camero?-yup
azar?--yup
shocker?--yup
SGT SLED?
switches?-yup soon
rob?-yup
tery02?--yup
zach?--yup
mike?-yup
vader?-yup
bandit?-yup
darren?-yup
slower?-yup
anyone else sorry, going off of memory..at my age i feel i did a pretty good job..
Mines up for the winter also but it never made it out of the garage this year.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Teching In

nate?-yup
juiced2000?--yup
blake?--yup
slick5.0?-yup
beast?--yup
josh?-YUP
robinson?-YUP
red01camero?-yup
azar?--yup
shocker?--yup
SGT SLED?-YUP
switches?-yup soon
rob?-yup
tery02?--yup
zach?--yup
mike?-yup
vader?-yup
bandit?-yup
LTWONZ?-YUP
TUNEPORTS10?-YUP
darren?-yup
slower?-yup
UPDATED looks like everyones baby is safe and sound for the winter
Old 11-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
SRA On the Mach, IRS on the cobra.
Not looking for a wheelstand show, just looking to be able to fully use first and second gear.
just sayin' mikes car pulls wheel and you should also....darren got wheel also but that was like version 2.50 now he is on version 5.7 so he should wheelie all the way down the track...
Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Teching In

ok here is a thought for all of us that race during the summer.....

we all need to meet one time a week and keep up on our skills. I have need for speed pro street. this is all hooked up in the theater room on the 120" screen on the PS3. If you guys want we can make a week day or weekend night where we all get together and drag race in the basement. I have had alot of racing simulators and this one rocks. you have to do a proper burnout in the box and learn proper shift points build a car cut a good tree... ect. If this sounds like a good time let me know and we can set up times and maybe run a tourney for the winter and chip in for a grand prize winner.....just a thought on something to do this winter when our rides are down

plus we all start out with cobalt ss...and than work our way up from there. right now i have a cobalt ss that run 10.20's at 138mph. pumpin like 25 lbs of boost..

Last edited by b_ver_plezer69; 11-26-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, I'm in for some NFS.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Teching In

cool...i will build a log here in the office of who wants to join in...
Old 11-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

ok here is a thought for all of us that race during the summer.....

we all need to meet one time a week and keep up on our skills. I have need for speed pro street. this is all hooked up in the theater room on the 120" screen on the PS3. If you guys want we can make a week day or weekend night where we all get together and drag race in the basement. I have had alot of racing simulators and this one rocks. you have to do a proper burnout in the box and learn proper shift points build a car cut a good tree... ect. If this sounds like a good time let me know and we can set up times and maybe run a tourney for the winter and chip in for a grand prize winner.....just a thought on something to do this winter when our rides are down

plus we all start out with cobalt ss...and than work our way up from there. right now i have a cobalt ss that run 10.20's at 138mph. pumpin like 25 lbs of boost..
NFS! OH YEAH I'm down in a heart beat!!!!

Has anyone else seen the car at Glenbrook with ads placed on it for you to join an RPM racing club? It looks like you can pay around 200$ to use their car, gas, tire,etc. Then after driving their mazda 3 for two sessions, then you can drive their c6 Zo6. UH.... rpmchallengeusa.com. I asked for this for Christmas... I will be dissapointed again this year. It's basically SCCA time based racing.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Count me in for NFS

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!