Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
cool...i will build a log here in the office of who wants to join in...
I think I will drop a log in the toilet.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Teching In

black friday special!!!!

meijers is supposed to have 42" plazma's for 399.00.....a limit of 10p store...hhgreg is suppoosed to have them for 499.00 no rain checks and limit 1 per person....i already have 4 plazmas but if any of you are interested these would be good deals...
Old 11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
black friday special!!!!

meijers is supposed to have 42" plazma's for 399.00.....a limit of 10p store...hhgreg is suppoosed to have them for 499.00 no rain checks and limit 1 per person....i already have 4 plazmas but if any of you are interested these would be good deals...
GFM 42" Plasma HDTV - $499.99 *
http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/me...friday-ad.html
Old 11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
We always do a cajan Rub on mine. Some times inject with some garlic butter. BTW i stopped today and picked up some cider today
Damnit Rob, now I'm hungry.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

399 for a plasma?

Hell, I might get one for the garage at that price!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
that is for the 1080i there supposed to have 720i for 399.00
Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
399 for a plasma?

Hell, I might get one for the garage at that price!
thats what i was thinking...i already have everything ran for a tv in the garage...and for 400 bucks u cant go wrong
Old 11-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
anybody deep frying a turkey tomorrow?

What marinade are you injecting it with?
Spice rub on the skin?
Seems like I heard my family talking about a brand called Andy's that can be found just about anywhere. Alot of spice in their fish glazes and batters maybe turkey would be good too. Not for sure though.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

How many people actually wan to go ut in that mess on Friday?
My Sister is going out and I think I'm giving her a list. I hate that many bad drivers on the road at once, and my patience won't stand for some pushy *** trying to get the last blender for 3.99$ I don't need a blender that damn bad. Now if there are sales on cleaning supplies and oil additive products then hell maybe it's not so bad.

Zach---- I liked the " That's what she said" it fit perfect

NFS......Probably a Tuesday, Wednesday, or a weekend night. just my thought, but I'll try whatever is proposed.

I've been looking but i still can't find a smilie where you can throw yourself in front of a train or put your head on a chopping block. Damn it!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Hows that ?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by terry02
Now if there are sales on cleaning supplies and oil additive products then hell maybe it's not so bad.
Please don't put any additives in your oil.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Happy Thanksgiving all!

then
Old 11-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Happy Thanksgiving to All, BE Safe
I would do a weekend for the NFS racing
Old 11-27-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy birdDay
Old 11-27-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Woohoo, Happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-27-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy Turkey Day everyone! This is the first break I have had since being here at OTS so I thought I would drop in and say "Hey" to all my homies kicking it back in the Fort!

I'll be home for 2 weeks starting on the 20th of December. I'm looking forward to getting a break back into the civilian life for Christmas. Perhaps we could set something up to all hang out.

Nick and Blake, the progress looks killer! I might be able to check the thread out a few more times today, and then its back to "living the privilaged officer training life".
Old 11-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Teching In

hope all is goin well Ben, it would def. be cool to kick it when you come back in december....lets try and make it an indoor event lol its gettin too cold here
Old 11-27-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
Happy Turkey Day everyone! This is the first break I have had since being here at OTS so I thought I would drop in and say "Hey" to all my homies kicking it back in the Fort!

I'll be home for 2 weeks starting on the 20th of December. I'm looking forward to getting a break back into the civilian life for Christmas. Perhaps we could set something up to all hang out.

Nick and Blake, the progress looks killer! I might be able to check the thread out a few more times today, and then its back to "living the privilaged officer training life".
WOW!!! Glad to see you're still alive and well!!! How's everything goin down there? Hopefully we can all get together some night for dinner at least, I don't see why not? ANd as for the cars Blakes is pretty much the only ne that's made substantial amounts of progress. I've barely done anything, and what's been done has been done by Blake. I have spent the entire day tryin to get these f'n shocks and springs in, to no avail lol. I must be doin somethin wrong, as usual, because honestly, it can't be this hard
Old 11-27-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's going... Not sure on if I would call it "well" or not. Every day usually consists of us getting up around 4 to 4:30, running 4-5 miles with as many push ups and sit ups until you're ready to , then we usually get 10 minutes to shower and change (which means you have enough time to barely change) and get to breakfast. You are usually allowed 4-5 minutes to eat. To some this sounds harsh, but having been through boot camp where they give you 30 seconds to a minute, it seems pretty nice. Then its time to march to class. We are in class a good 12 hours, broken sometimes with random drills, field excercises or the standard BS reaming by commissioned personell or our upper class. We have to give reporting statements for everything. For example, to take a leak, you must proceed to find an upper class member and say "Good morning sir" "Sir may I ask a question?" "Sir may I use the lavatory?". Usually they continue to mess with you until they are positive you are in pain, and then let you procede. At night we are mandated 2 hours of study time, and then have details to do like cleaning the dorms. They give us about an hour of "free" time in which we have to figure out how to complete about 4 hours worth of memos, projects, memorization work, not to mention keeping our rooms in constant inspection order down to folding T-shirts perfectly into specific folds and position. Then theres always the standard "games" they play with us also. Like after week 1 when we had a day to get our rooms in perfect "inspection order". We were working like mad to make everything absolutely PERFECT. Then we got commanded to get in the halls where they stated "tonight we will all learn a valuable lesson about Rapid Global Mobility. RGM is the key to many of our succusses in achieving global air superiority. To learn Rapid Global Mobility, you must perform Rapid Global Mobility. As you look at your doors, you will notice someone elses name is on your door. You all have exactly 6 minutes to collect every single last inspectionable item out of your old rooms down to the perfectly folded linen on your beds, and get them into your new rooms. GO!" As you can imagine we were as all our hours of getting everything perfect was all pointless as we had to run with our arms full of our stuff trying to find our new rooms we were assigned to.

Each night we average about 3-4 hours of sleep. Some nights we get lucky and get up to 6 hours, others we end up having to stay up and only get 1-2. I haven't had more than 6 hours of sleep since I got here in early November. I am dealing with it a lot better than others who are not used to living off of very little sleep.

It sounds harsh, but honestly I do it with a subconcious smile as I know when its all over I will be a commissioned officer in the USAF and even starting out as a 2nd Lieutenant, I will already out rank 90% of the military. And my next phase of training is pilot training, so I will be able to enjoy life much more during that phase. Pilot training will also be a game they play with us in, but at least you get to fly and somewhat enjoy yourself.

In a nutshell, thats been, and will be my life until I graduate in February.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!