Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
Well, I will just come over and take it off of your motor then? LMAO jkjk
a Ha ha Ha NO.... jkjk As long as whatever you take off you better in that's cool.

Originally Posted by thedarkness
Terry is this guy selling his optimism too??? stock ls1 for 5k....
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Yeah I was like a maybe new from Pace, with computer, wire harness, instructions, and some one to put it in for you!! HA HA

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
They're also completely isolated from engine heat (it has to travel down the brackets from the fuel rails, which are cooled by fuel) and vibration, and can be removed with two bolts per side.
This sounds highly positive. maybe not HP, but overall cooling, idling, and quicker for removal, I dig it. OR could you gain HP from this? 1-2 max?

Originally Posted by mightybird
hey whats up guys figured i would come over see whats going on here hey terry i got those pics of the car man looks bad *** you are going to have to email me some larger ones.
Thanks, When I get some time at home I will try to post them up on FWR.com

xmas is coming up going to have some time off i would like to see another go cart race at fast track some time long as rob don't use me as his brakes again and just about kill me haha.
I could use some fast tracks!!

I am guessing most of you guys are doing stuff to your cars this winter and some of you i have herd are coming out with new cars i just talked to ricky bobby aka dean looks like he will have a z06 coming out this year with a few tricks done to it.
It's gonna look like Pro Team up at Hall's next year. LOL. Which by the way is being sold.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Oh and seriously, Secret service is supposed to take a bullet!! Why not a size thirteen? If you watch real close it looks like bush goes down then comes back up with a smirk. "
Old 12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Switches,

No, this car has never had power steering, it has a factory manual rack in it. It's really not bad at all, only time it's at all annoying is when backing up, parking, on a hill.

Terry,

I don't think it will make any power. It may not make any appreciable difference in temperature, but considering how toasty it will be under the hood with the turbo system, I figure every little bit helps.

-Blake
Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by terry02
a Ha ha Ha NO.... jkjk As long as whatever you take off you better in that's cool.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Yeah I was like a maybe new from Pace, with computer, wire harness, instructions, and some one to put it in for you!! HA HA

This sounds highly positive. maybe not HP, but overall cooling, idling, and quicker for removal, I dig it. OR could you gain HP from this? 1-2 max?

It's gonna look like Pro Team up at Hall's next year. LOL. Which by the way is being sold.

PRO TEAM IS NOT BEING SOLD...TERRY MCELLIES WHO OWNS IT IS A FRIEND OF MINE AND HE IS CLOSING THE STORE IN AUBURN BECAUSE DEAN KRUSE IS A ***** AND TRYING TO SCREW HIM OVER ON THE RENTAL OF THE 1/2 OF THE WAR MUSEUM...SO HE IS JUST GONNA HAVE NEPOLEON OH. LOCATION. TERRY HAS MORE MONEY THAN "GOD" HE IS JUST NOW PROVING A POINT TO GOOD' OL' DEAN KRUSE...
Old 12-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Switches,

No, this car has never had power steering, it has a factory manual rack in it. It's really not bad at all, only time it's at all annoying is when backing up, parking, on a hill.

Terry,

I don't think it will make any power. It may not make any appreciable difference in temperature, but considering how toasty it will be under the hood with the turbo system, I figure every little bit helps.

-Blake
Oh yeah your right every little bit helps. I was curious if that was the motive or something larger. I like the STS turbos simply becasue they remove such a great deal of heat away from the engine bay.

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
PRO TEAM IS NOT BEING SOLD...TERRY MCELLIES WHO OWNS IT IS A FRIEND OF MINE AND HE IS CLOSING THE STORE IN AUBURN BECAUSE DEAN KRUSE IS A ***** AND TRYING TO SCREW HIM OVER ON THE RENTAL OF THE 1/2 OF THE WAR MUSEUM...SO HE IS JUST GONNA HAVE NEPOLEON OH. LOCATION. TERRY HAS MORE MONEY THAN "GOD" HE IS JUST NOW PROVING A POINT TO GOOD' OL' DEAN KRUSE...
Beaver: QUIT YELLING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I'm glad you responded to that post. I was pretty sure I hadn't gotten the whole story. Have you been through that museum? I thought it was pretty cool, but I'm into history.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah your right every little bit helps. I was curious if that was the motive or something larger. I like the STS turbos simply becasue they remove such a great deal of heat away from the engine bay.

Yeah STS is a nice kit If ya don't like makin any power
Old 12-16-2008, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Anyone know if Honk Kong Phooey ever tracked his car? Did he sell it?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Yeah STS is a nice kit If ya don't like makin any power
Some want power and some want pretty. I think the STS is pretty. LOL joking. Thier website claims soimething like an added 100hp to stock cars with like 6 psi ithink its been a while since i checked their numbers but it was close too that. If I was gonna bosst I'm not sure which direction I would go cuz it looks like all that piping for the STS would hang really low and you'd lose ground clearance. Not sure. I would go with twins or roots super charger if I was gonna do somethin' that way, but I'm broke so I'll just drool over everyones else boosted awesomeness. Or could have Joes spec out somethin' freaking ridiculouse all N/A. After reading the post on those new heads coming out I'd be inclined to do that.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
Yeah Terry is a real cool guy. Ever been to his Coldwater Lake house? We built that house, the place is absolutely amazing....... And it's his effin lake "cottage" lol

And a big suprise here, he's got a corvette ski boat
Old 12-16-2008, 12:35 PM
8 Second Club

Some want power and some want pretty. I think the STS is pretty. LOL joking. Thier website claims soimething like an added 100hp to stock cars with like 6 psi ithink its been a while since i checked their numbers but it was close too that. If I was gonna bosst I'm not sure which direction I would go cuz it looks like all that piping for the STS would hang really low and you'd lose ground clearance. Not sure. I would go with twins or roots super charger if I was gonna do somethin' that way, but I'm broke so I'll just drool over everyones else boosted awesomeness. Or could have Joes spec out somethin' freaking ridiculouse all N/A. After reading the post on those new heads coming out I'd be inclined to do that.
Trust me, if you want boost, you definitely don't want STS!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Trust me, if you want boost, you definitely don't want STS!

Opps hope your wife didn't see my comment
Old 12-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Teching In

I'm with Terry on this one. From what I've researched, the STS kit isn't that terrible for stock bottom end cars. The boost delivery is supposed to be relatively quick, albeit not as fast as front mounting the turbos, but its still pressurized air that is being forced back to the motor not simply an intake at the *** end of the car. An intake deliberatly placed back there would def. create a lag in throttle response but being forced back I doubt that the lag would be all that terrible especially with the small turbos that are included with the kit. Now with a full motor build with high boost applications and lower compression ratios then the STS kit might see some lag as the low end power is lessened due to the CR. Rant over, can you guys tell I've been writing research papers all week for my masters, I wrote all proper and stuff I think I'm gonna print this off and hang it on the fridge.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Anyone know if Honk Kong Phooey ever tracked his car? Did he sell it?
lol who would that be ?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Launching!

thedarkness i seen you out last weekend least it looked like your vette going down air port express ?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Teching In

^Dork^

Anytime you have to pressurize a long tube and an intercooler you are going to experience boost drop and lag. I've heard of guys bumping up intercoolers to drop their I.A.T.'s and lost a pound or two of psi. I can't imagine having turbos behind the rear axle and having all that tubing to pressurize. They must have some super small turbos.

On a side note, has anybody heard anything about this new centrifigual charger thats comeing out? Its call Rotrex. I am thinking that its got variable vane technology. It supposedly has all the bottom end of a positive displacement with all the top end of a turbo. I did a brief search on them and it appears that its a foreign made s.c. but seems to be very efficent.

Frank, working on suspension for the car. I havent started yet. will prolly start around march. I want to see how the winter plays out. I am sorta in conservation mode with the cash.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure if they're variable vane; I think the performance is in the gearing system on them instead. They use planetary gears to ramp up the speed quickly and keep them in their efficiency zone. Pretty neat stuff, W2W motorsports used them often to good effect.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:51 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
On a side note, has anybody heard anything about this new centrifigual charger thats comeing out? Its call Rotrex. I am thinking that its got variable vane technology. It supposedly has all the bottom end of a positive displacement with all the top end of a turbo. I did a brief search on them and it appears that its a foreign made s.c. but seems to be very efficent.
Rotrex has been around a VERY long time, nothing new. They are too small to make any sort of big power, and are made overseas, so parts/availability is a major concern.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Teching In

they have started advertising hard core in a couple of my ford magazines. I didnt know that they had been around a long while. I'm allready a twin screw, so it wouldnt apply to me, but i was interested in the technology.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...w2w/index.html

Not "crazy" horsepower, but ~1200 wheel horsepower in a street car isn't bad.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mightybird
hey whats up guys figured i would come over see whats going on here hey terry i got those pics of the car man looks bad *** you are going to have to email me some larger ones.

whats going on Luke hows the car running doing anything to it this winter ? are you going to the dream cruise this coming year me and t type terry where talking about it the other day about getting things organized .

hey rob whats up man how the bikes coming along ?

mr GM millwright never see ya at work any more im over on A dock near the frame pad i cruise over to body shop the other day to swipe some of the good gloves i went over to your area you must have been out on a call i know paint was having problems most of the day line kept stopping over buy me i herd it was paint again oh well i hope you guys are doing well.

xmas is coming up going to have some time off i would like to see another go cart race at fast track some time long as rob don't use me as his brakes again and just about kill me haha.

I am guessing most of you guys are doing stuff to your cars this winter and some of you i have herd are coming out with new cars i just talked to ricky bobby aka dean looks like he will have a z06 coming out this year with a few tricks done to it.

Bike bizz is dead . My Toys are getting some things done for next summer but funds are tight do to no work.

I'm down for Fast Tracks again and that was a freindly nudge

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!