Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mightybird
thedarkness i seen you out last weekend least it looked like your vette going down air port express ?
well black was the second most popular color option to red......but it wasn't me. she's been asleep since the 1st of Nov. with the occasional nudging from me to try to get some, but she just brushes me off and says she's too tired and cold
Old 12-16-2008, 05:11 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by thedarkness
I'm with Terry on this one. From what I've researched, the STS kit isn't that terrible for stock bottom end cars. The boost delivery is supposed to be relatively quick, albeit not as fast as front mounting the turbos, but its still pressurized air that is being forced back to the motor not simply an intake at the *** end of the car. An intake deliberatly placed back there would def. create a lag in throttle response but being forced back I doubt that the lag would be all that terrible especially with the small turbos that are included with the kit. Now with a full motor build with high boost applications and lower compression ratios then the STS kit might see some lag as the low end power is lessened due to the CR. Rant over, can you guys tell I've been writing research papers all week for my masters, I wrote all proper and stuff I think I'm gonna print this off and hang it on the fridge.
Your retarded. PSI is PSI, no matter how, when and where it gets there, it's still going to be an issue on stock parts. The "tune" is your BEST freind here.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JPH
Your retarded. PSI is PSI, no matter how, when and where it gets there, it's still going to be an issue on stock parts. The "tune" is your BEST freind here.
hey **** factory, it wasn't about stock bottom end it was about the fact that they were bitchin about boost delivery. i was sayin that in low boost applications (i.e. stock bottom end) it would perform ok for most people. learn to read you *****!

Last edited by thedarkness; 12-16-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:34 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

hey **** factory, it wasn't about stock bottom end it was about the fact that they were bitchin about boost delivery. i was sayin that in low boost applications (i.e. stock bottom end) it would perform ok for most people. learn to read you *****!
You can't talk about performance, untill you do some performance on the vette of yours pal! Quit going to them DAMN strip bars, and put that money into that car.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Trust me, if you want boost, you definitely don't want STS!
Twice now its been said but no real reason why

I'm with Terry on this one. From what I've researched, the STS kit isn't that terrible for stock bottom end cars. The boost delivery is supposed to be relatively quick, albeit not as fast as front mounting the turbos, but its still pressurized air that is being forced back to the motor not simply an intake at the *** end of the car. An intake deliberatly placed back there would def. create a lag in throttle response but being forced back I doubt that the lag would be all that terrible especially with the small turbos that are included with the kit. Now with a full motor build with high boost applications and lower compression ratios then the STS kit might see some lag as the low end power is lessened due to the CR. Rant over, can you guys tell I've been writing research papers all week for my masters, I wrote all proper and stuff I think I'm gonna print this off and hang it on the fridge.
Thank you needed some support!
This is just like when Ringo tried to write a song, Paul M. " Good job Ringo were gonna put it right here on the refigerator" (snickers to self) Octopusses what?

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...w2w/index.html
Not "crazy" horsepower, but ~1200 wheel horsepower in a street car isn't bad.
I remember reading that article, I like that it looks so beat up. There are clubs of guys who put brand new paint on their vehicles but it looks " distressed" Not my thing but Cool for others.
I love the look of the inline sixxer classic. You ever see one of those hanging from a tree?

well black was the second most popular color option to red......but it wasn't me. she's been asleep since the 1st of Nov. with the occasional nudging from me to try to get some, but she just brushes me off and says she's too tired and cold
HA HA HA lol Yeah mines gotta headache! (Probably all the paint fumes)

Originally Posted by JPH
True, but Vortech will tell you you can use stock all day long with their kit and no problems, bolt on 8 hours all included down to the wire ties.
I think it depends what it is your looking for, all out race car probly not the best choice.

**** Factory, Can i use that? I can't stop laughing

Originally Posted by JPH
You can't talk about performance, untill you do some performance on the vette of yours pal! Quit going to them DAMN strip bars, and put that money into that car.
Damn i can't say much then either, but it has been on a dyno. I love strip clubs too. More than I should really. I think I got a skin irritation from the seats at one, but ther's no shortage of pennicilin so I'm still going. LOL LOL LOL
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPH

Like you got room to talk U ****!!!! Lets see titty bars and jph=everyother night, non running fbody=jph
Old 12-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

oh snap!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

I just bought myself a nice PT-78HPS and 83 lb/hr siemens injectors for my christmas present

Nick,
I plan on working on the turbo setup this weekend. I will have the turbo back to you when I get mine or I finish the cross over. oh and I will have the cash together next pay check (24th) for that intercooler. Thanks again man I really do appriciate it now go get your piece together
Old 12-16-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

**** factory, that's genius.

STS kits aren't junk, but they're definitely not optimal. Heat is lost from the exhaust (turbos, unlike everything else under your hood, LIKE heat, or, better put, the velocity that comes with that heat), lots of pipe to compress, most of which does a poor job of heat dissipation vs. an intercooler (so you're compressing lots of volume, but you aren't making optimal use of that volume for cooling). Low turbo = easy damage. Loss of ground clearance, yada yada...

Not saying you can't do it, it's just not really the best mouse trap, assuming a front mount kit is possible.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mightybird
lol who would that be ?
Scott Hewitt, has an STS NBM SS.....car was built by EPP and is fing bad!!

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...MOV00004-1.flv

Last edited by SS1875; 12-16-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** factory, that's genius.

STS kits aren't junk, but they're definitely not optimal. Heat is lost from the exhaust (turbos, unlike everything else under your hood, LIKE heat, or, better put, the velocity that comes with that heat), lots of pipe to compress, most of which does a poor job of heat dissipation vs. an intercooler (so you're compressing lots of volume, but you aren't making optimal use of that volume for cooling). Low turbo = easy damage. Loss of ground clearance, yada yada...

Not saying you can't do it, it's just not really the best mouse trap, assuming a front mount kit is possible.
Just imagine if one of those oil lines busted while doing a run. Say good bye turbo!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by halucinator
Just imagine if one of those oil lines busted while doing a run. Say good bye turbo!
Yeah, but that can happen with an underhood turbo too. The STS should be just as safe, if the lines are laid out well.

Hong Kong Phooey's car is badass, but the same parts would make more power, more efficiently if the turbo was on the right end of the car. I'd still drive it though.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, but that can happen with an underhood turbo too. The STS should be just as safe, if the lines are laid out well.

Hong Kong Phooey's car is badass, but the same parts would make more power, more efficiently if the turbo was on the right end of the car. I'd still drive it though.
I'm mainly talking about how far away the oil line has to run just to oil the turbo. How quick would that drain the engine of the oil? I guess it depends on the size of the leak.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sounds like it's pretty sketchy out there guys. Be careful on your trip to your place of employment!!

I really wish I had a Subaru right about now!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Launching!

sts kits are ok for the guy that wants to make 450 to 500 horse but best bet is a front mount kit some nice kits out there that let you keep your ac KY turbo is doing a keep the ac kit for the f bodys im pretty sure if you talk to josh he can hook up a vette as well.

whats wrong with strip bars haha least he is looking at girls and not going to the thunder from down under male revue

**** factory that's funny stuff haha
Zack i got your voise mail i will call ya back today some time.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS1875

oh that dude yea bad machine
Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does JPH really own a cockfactory?

As fas as STS, when modified they are bad ***. There is a C5 full weight coupe, complete street car, 4L80E, 402Ls2, etc that runs 8.8 at 158. They can be badass when done right. the front mount kits seem better overall to me too though.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS1875

not too much left of the original sts system....he had all kinds of changes made to diffrent turbo and fuel system....still a bad *** car..

SDB- yes jph has a cockfactory but it is a small **** factory...
Old 12-17-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Does anybody have the bracket that holds the throttle cable and bolts to the intake manifold? Of all the stupid little parts I have 5-10 of, I do NOT have one of those... LOL.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by halucinator
Speaking of oil line busting.....

excerpt: twin cities.com

Winona school bus catches fire after hitting deer
Associated Press

Article Last Updated: 12/16/2008 11:27:32 AM CST

WINONA, Minn. — Witnesses say a school bus carrying about two dozen Winona Middle School basketball players was on fire Friday evening as it drove toward a middle school, where it burst into flames in the parking lot.

No one was hurt.

Bob Koch of Minnesota City Bus Service, which owns the bus, says the driver hit a deer and didn't stop. The animal got caught under the bus and may have broken an oil line.

Winona firefighter John Yackel says witnesses reported seeing the bus "burning" while traveling down the road toward the middle school.

However, Koch says the driver didn't know there was a problem until he was about a block from the school. He says he pulled into the parking lot and immediately evacuated the bus.

A coach ran inside to grab fire extinguishers while others called 911. Assistant Fire Chief Jim Multhaup says the bus was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.

Koch says no one should be blamed for the "freak accident."

Wow!!!

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!