Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
I found out this week that transmission fluid really cleans brake dust off of aluminum wheels.

Heres how i found out, driving to work in my buick i set the cruise control and was jammin out to some tunes. Next thing i know my tach is show 4500 rpms so i shut the cruise off, feather the throttle and get the car off onto an open shoulder. get out to check the trans figuring i somehow smoked it, and tranny fluid was dripping off the entire underbody. It was on the tires the brakes the paint, it was everywhere but the transmission. The wife picks me up a case of fluid and i get it home, talk about a power flush! turns out i popped a cooler line. Anyhow, the car has set in the shop for a couple of weeks being as i have been sick and other stuff. I go out to change the filter and fix the line and i noticed that the wheels look brand new! Is this an home remedy for cleaning wheels, or did i stumble across something? Anyways, if anybodys has some shitty wheels that need cleaned, try some atf, Maybe it will work.
Did it eat the clear coat off the wheels?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OWTI2K?...0&linkCode=asn

Xmas gift for you car
Old 12-18-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO, the fluid being bloody hot from your transmission probably didn't hurt either.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Hillbilly? well maybe, but its pretty flat out here in manureville! I do have 2 chevys and a buick. Maybe that makes me a hillbilly? As far as clearcoat, it was flaking off anyways. I dont know if its gone or what. Looks damn good though! LOL I think i will take it thru mikes for the underbody wash. i'll see it better after that.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Hillbilly? well maybe, but its pretty flat out here in manureville! I do have 2 chevys and a buick. Maybe that makes me a hillbilly? As far as clearcoat, it was flaking off anyways. I dont know if its gone or what. Looks damn good though! LOL I think i will take it thru mikes for the underbody wash. i'll see it better after that.
LOL

6 quarts of Service Pro atf=$22.74
6 quarts of Royal Purple atf=$65.70
1 23oz of BlackMagic wheel cleaner=$5.95
Being a Hillbilly=PRICELESS
Attached Thumbnails Another Hall's deal!!!-product.jpg  

Last edited by blackz6sp; 12-18-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
LOL

6 quarts of Service Pro atf=$22.74
6 quarts of Royal Purple atf=$65.70
1 23oz of BlackMagic wheel cleaner=$5.95
Being a Hillbilly=PRICELESS
i think i laughed so hard i threw up a little...
Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Teching In

I found JPH's Secret Stripper spray

http://www.rickyshalloween.com/flame...ay_p/flame.htm

Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this letter at Hires in the parking lot, in an envelope addressed to the north pole...not sure who it belongs to, maybe you guys can help????

"Dear Santa...I have a confession to make...I LOVE ****!

I love being surrounded by **** all day at work. I like my desk covered in ****. I like to write about ****, I like to think about ****. I like to come up with names for ****. I like to dream about ****.

So when I vacation, there’s just one place I feel comfortable. A place where I’m surrounded by ****… constantly. **** in the morning, **** in the evening, **** at dawn… so much **** you almost can’t sleep. ****: waking you up, and sometimes keeping you up through the night. This place is called the **** Factory. Can you send me a ticket to the **** Factory???? I have been a good boy all year long and would sooo much like to go to the **** Factory for Christmas this year."

Can you guys help find who it belongs to???????
Old 12-18-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol! ^^
Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
I found this letter at Hires in the parking lot, in an envelope addressed to the north pole...not sure who it belongs to, maybe you guys can help????

"Dear Santa...I have a confession to make...I LOVE ****!

I love being surrounded by **** all day at work. I like my desk covered in ****. I like to write about ****, I like to think about ****. I like to come up with names for ****. I like to dream about ****.

So when I vacation, there’s just one place I feel comfortable. A place where I’m surrounded by ****… constantly. **** in the morning, **** in the evening, **** at dawn… so much **** you almost can’t sleep. ****: waking you up, and sometimes keeping you up through the night. This place is called the **** Factory. Can you send me a ticket to the **** Factory???? I have been a good boy all year long and would sooo much like to go to the **** Factory for Christmas this year."

Can you guys help find who it belongs to???????
Sounds like an older version of this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUlJ...eature=related
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Tranny fluid is a GREAT cleaning agent...I use a home-brew gun cleaning solvent that is called Ed's Red
CONTENTS: Ed's Red Bore Cleaner

1 part Dexron ATF, GM Spec. D-20265 or later.

1 part Kerosene - deodorized, K1

1 part Aliphatic Mineral Spirits

CAS #64741-49-9, or substitute "Stoddard Solvent", CAS #8052-41-3, or equivalent.

1 part Acetone, CAS #67-64-1.

(Optional 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anhydrous, USP per gallon, or OK to substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store)

ATF is great for clening, and I imagine when HOT it is even better!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Default COLD and Wet ( Story of my life)

This **** sucks!!!! I got rained on for two hours while scraping ice at work this morning. We had trees down ,and ice friggn every where. I'm cold and soaked to the bone. Thankfully we have a dryer, and I brought a change of clothes. It pays to be a former boy scout being prepared and what not.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terry02
This **** sucks!!!! I got rained on for two hours while scraping ice at work this morning. We had trees down ,and ice friggn every where. I'm cold and soaked to the bone. Thankfully we have a dryer, and I brought a change of clothes. It pays to be a former boy scout being prepared and what not.
Hope you didn't get stuck with the gay scout master (South park).
Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Posting from schoolin...I don't have power, as well as most of my friends.

My friend is still having a keggar even though there's no power at his house, we are going to party like it's 1897 tonight. I can't wait!!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Teching In

no power in the leo area ...aep says power will be restored monday or tuesday at the very latest....yeee haaa
Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

My whole family is working over time due to the weather trying to keep their respective businesses going. We all work in some sort of management. I"m going home to go pray thanks that we still have power for a little longer. " please don't smite me yet, let it go in my sleep so I can pretend it's not real."

Have a safe weekend everybody. I'm going to slurp cocoa, and read all weekend!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Got a call from my friend who manages Showgirl I, she has no power at her house, as well as some of the dancers...they wanted to know if she/they could come to my house since I have power...hmmm...wonder what I said?
Old 12-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SDB
Tranny fluid is a GREAT cleaning agent...I use a home-brew gun cleaning solvent that is called Ed's Red
CONTENTS: Ed's Red Bore Cleaner

1 part Dexron ATF, GM Spec. D-20265 or later.

1 part Kerosene - deodorized, K1

1 part Aliphatic Mineral Spirits

CAS #64741-49-9, or substitute "Stoddard Solvent", CAS #8052-41-3, or equivalent.

1 part Acetone, CAS #67-64-1.

(Optional 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anhydrous, USP per gallon, or OK to substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store)

ATF is great for clening, and I imagine when HOT it is even better!!!!!!
That recipe sounds like crank or meth.

Originally Posted by terry02
My whole family is working over time due to the weather trying to keep their respective businesses going. We all work in some sort of management. I"m going home to go pray thanks that we still have power for a little longer. " please don't smite me yet, let it go in my sleep so I can pretend it's not real."

Have a safe weekend everybody. I'm going to slurp cocoa, and read all weekend!
AAAAAAHHHHH! I f***cking jynxed myself I knew it would happen! I just got the call ....we got no power. I gotta call REMC.

Originally Posted by SDB
Got a call from my friend who manages Showgirl I, she has no power at her house, as well as some of the dancers...they wanted to know if she/they could come to my house since I have power...hmmm...wonder what I said?

Scott your such a
Can I come over please!!!!!!!!!???????? Darkness help me BEG!!!!!!!! I do have a number here for SDB, but Scott give me the okay or say call or call me or put up a bat signal or something some kind of dirty, "sodomatic", felatio, and phalic symbol to let people know you have strippers at your house! I'll stay on line and wait..............

.................hello? .....

hello? scott?

Old 12-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

I live 3 min north of Leo and i have power...but the scanner is going crazy. Good luck to all of you that dont have power and I hope that your homes, and pipes will be fine!!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Auburn has power. We didn't get hit as hard.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No power at my house. Talked to AEP, they said Wednesday by 6 PM if "all goes well".

There are about 100 AEP and contractor trucks up at the Wal-Mart on 37, so hopefully they'll get to my house soon, since it's all of 4-5 miles away. Only ~50-75 people effect by the outage that has my house, and I'm in Harlan, so I don't have my hopes up.

It was still 62* inside when I stopped by today. I'll shut the water off when I go tomorrow. Need to find somewhere to stay with the wife and dog; no power for 5 days is going to mean a cold house.

Nick, if you've got power and can read this, I'll still be at your house at 6 AM Sunday for Bittersweet. I'm not missing a ski trip just becasue AEP can't fix their power lines...

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!