Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Al from LPE ported it, but yes he opened the inlet and blended the runners he said its worth it and I trust him.. Plus it was pretty cheap for me to have it done I couldnt tell you if it helped or not i didnt do any before and afters
Al is good at what he does...would have been nice to see a comparison since most people say it isn't worth it, according to a lot of threads I have read.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tunedports10
The 9" or 8.8" is what I was thinking of doing. From what I understand the 8.8 actually bolts in the stock location on a s-10, but the housing it self is longer. I would think that would help in making a easier install. I was just asking about the 10 bolt because I plan on running that for this coming season.
There are alot of 800hp stangs sporting a stock 8,8 rear end. Trouble areas are spinning the axle tubes, just weld them up. Also get a rear end girdle. you stud the diff cover and preload with studs and locknuts the diff carrier bearings. One other thing, Make sure that you are running minumum 31 spline axles. A Stock 0304 Cobra locker will work great, Make sure that you get the carbon fiber clutches. BTW those are totally rebuildable. You can also tighten them up by changing how you add the steel plates and clutches.
An 8.8 is lighter than a 9'' by quite a few lbs. I have heard that the 9'' is more efficent with power transfer under higher horsepower levels. If you decide to go with an 8.8, let me know. I can get you some killer deals thru my contact at Ford Racing. Also, i have a line on an aluminum 9'' its a trussed unit that i was thinking about dropping in the stang. It was used by Lambert Racing out in Columbia City, but from what i understand is in good condition. (Dirt track rear end).

You may be able to work out a deal with Jared Davis about an independent rear axle assembly with an 8,8 center section. I heard that he is wanting to go SRA. An IRS would be killer SICK! Also since you dont track it every week, it would handle like its on rails. One other thing on Fords, you can Bolt in an SRA or go with an IRS, they are totally interchangeable and all bolt up the same. If the 8.8 SRA fits in and s-10, possibly the irs will as well.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Teching In

I talked with Mark Poysner at work last week. He said that the alcohol funny car is on hold right now and that they might close up the Halter Pool table business. If anybody is needing any game supplies or fooseball tables or pool sticks. Get out and see them. They are great people and are worth helping out.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
There are alot of 800hp stangs sporting a stock 8,8 rear end. Trouble areas are spinning the axle tubes, just weld them up. Also get a rear end girdle. you stud the diff cover and preload with studs and locknuts the diff carrier bearings. One other thing, Make sure that you are running minumum 31 spline axles. A Stock 0304 Cobra locker will work great, Make sure that you get the carbon fiber clutches. BTW those are totally rebuildable. You can also tighten them up by changing how you add the steel plates and clutches.
An 8.8 is lighter than a 9'' by quite a few lbs. I have heard that the 9'' is more efficent with power transfer under higher horsepower levels. If you decide to go with an 8.8, let me know. I can get you some killer deals thru my contact at Ford Racing. Also, i have a line on an aluminum 9'' its a trussed unit that i was thinking about dropping in the stang. It was used by Lambert Racing out in Columbia City, but from what i understand is in good condition. (Dirt track rear end).

You may be able to work out a deal with Jared Davis about an independent rear axle assembly with an 8,8 center section. I heard that he is wanting to go SRA. An IRS would be killer SICK! Also since you dont track it every week, it would handle like its on rails. One other thing on Fords, you can Bolt in an SRA or go with an IRS, they are totally interchangeable and all bolt up the same. If the 8.8 SRA fits in and s-10, possibly the irs will as well.
The IRS from a C4 is something I have considered in the past. Awhile back someone had made the brackets to hook them to a s-10 frame, but I'm not sure how far they have gotten. I will probably look into it as next season comes to a close. Since the truck sees a lot more street I think it would be more fun to go the IRS route. As far as the mustang one fitting I would have to take measurements from someone with a mustang if you know anyone. The leaf spring mounts is what is spaced right and I think it was from a exploder that they did the swap with. Not sure if a exploder and mustang are setup the same. I will have to find the link.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
I have to leave very early on Sunday the 4th to head back to OTS. Its a good 10.5 hour drive and I am sure to have an un-friendly greeting when I return (as we were informed when we left for the break). The last thing I would need is to set myself behind the power curve at the start of that painfull day by not getting a full nights sleep ect.

We will have to setup to hang out on Friday night. I'm still thinking dinner somewhere not too fancy, and then whatever afterwards. Maybe a movie or playing some video games somewhere or something.
friday is good with me.. i do not have to close the dealership so i will be out around 6...open to where ever for dinner and whatever afterwords...just got a Wii and it is a fn blast and ps3 that i have had or we all can go to billard cafe and play pool or play pool at my house....just let me know ben and i will get with scott (sdb) and switches and slick 5.0 to see whats up with them...
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Teching In

I talked with Mark Poysner at work last week. He said that the alcohol funny car is on hold right now and that they might close up the Halter Pool table business. If anybody is needing any game supplies or fooseball tables or pool sticks. Get out and see them. They are great people and are worth helping out.
sorry to hear that halters might be closing. thats where i purchased my olfenhousen pool table and all the **** to go with it ....there price and service was out of this world...great folks...+100 for halter
Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
sorry to hear that halters might be closing. thats where i purchased my olfenhousen pool table and all the **** to go with it ....there price and service was out of this world...great folks...+100 for halter
What's the average price for a good pool table? I've thought about buying one when I get a house because I probably won't be able to fill up the whole house with just my stuff. And matter as well make one a game room with a big screen tv in it too!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Here is that link for the 8.8 into a s-10 swap http://www.knant.com/axleswap/index.htm
Old 12-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JPH
Keller. Yes.
Talked to him before he wanted to start doing my heads for bikes. Real nice guy.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
Ya its sad to hear that I'v know the family all my life. I grew up over there and it was my first job. Del showed me alot with cars i did my first burn out in his camero LOL
Old 12-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CALL911
Thanks man. It may come to that if we if theres enough people with nothing going on after dinner.

Thanks Joe. I'll give Nasty a call. I don't have Switches number though. By now he is probably asleep and will be on the road early in the morning heading our way. But if I talk to him before he arrives, I'll let him know he's got email.

? WTF does probably maybe mean?

Sorry I got locked up in a lot of family stuff that took foreever and was still unsure about that night. This friday I will be in Arkansas driving back 10 -12 hours depending on traffic. I can prob do something on Saturday. sorry.
Originally Posted by Killer Klover
Hey Whats Al's last name? Is his daughter Gwen?
keller did my tb. .I worked with gwen for a while she was a temporary. i guess she used to work for Dean.

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
Ya its sad to hear that I'v know the family all my life. I grew up over there and it was my first job. Del showed me alot with cars i did my first burn out in his camero LOL
Where can I find Halter?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Beast
I just got back home, and tomorrow I work 8-5 and I've got to run out to Blakes to pick up a few things sometime as well. Just let me know
If you're going to Blakes to get the double pumper setup you owe me 65 buckaroos for the pump.

Also, I should be able to make it out Friday for dinner. It'd be good to see you crazy bastards.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by terry02
Where can I find Halter?
Halter Pool Tables
305 Lincoln Hwy E
New Haven, IN 46774
(260) 749-4034
Old 12-29-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Azar
If you're going to Blakes to get the double pumper setup you owe me 65 buckaroos for the pump.

Also, I should be able to make it out Friday for dinner. It'd be good to see you crazy bastards.
Drew,

Any idea when I might be able to snag that sumped tank from you? I think I'm ready to final the fuel system in my car.

Also, I have your Dad's 3/8 NPT tap. I had it sitting in a nice little box so I wouldn't forget it when I brought your welder back, and, guess what, it's still sitting in a nice little box. I'll bring it by when I get the tank.

Oh, and he's picking up rockers/steering rack/crank from my house (wanna get that tranny too Nick?), I hadn't thought about the fuel system, since it needs rebuilt for his tank, but he'll still owe you for a pump.

Danke!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

JPH forwarded a PM to you from a guy looking for a FAST 90 porting.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Drew,

Any idea when I might be able to snag that sumped tank from you? I think I'm ready to final the fuel system in my car.

Also, I have your Dad's 3/8 NPT tap. I had it sitting in a nice little box so I wouldn't forget it when I brought your welder back, and, guess what, it's still sitting in a nice little box. I'll bring it by when I get the tank.

Oh, and he's picking up rockers/steering rack/crank from my house (wanna get that tranny too Nick?), I hadn't thought about the fuel system, since it needs rebuilt for his tank, but he'll still owe you for a pump.

Danke!
You could probably snag it this week. It's just down in the barn. Then we'll use your tank and get that sumped for me for next year, yea?

Sounds like a plan man, I bet he doesn't even remember that he loaned you that tap. BTW....do you still have that L67 block? I mayyyyyy try to snag that...I have an idea.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, we'll sump my tank over the summer. That will give me time to vent it and clean out the gas so it doesn't explode when it gets welded on.

And, yes I still have that L67 block. Come get it, please, god, come get it. I'm trying to get all my old crap out of the garage!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Halter Pool Tables
305 Lincoln Hwy E
New Haven, IN 46774
(260) 749-4034
I forgot to add earlier that most items are around 50% off in price. Its great to hear how this the Poysners have been good to all of us guys. They are great people.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Any big new years partys going on? The party i was going to attend was or is being cancelled. The husband and wife both got mersa. its some sort of staph infection that is resistant to common drugs. Apparently the wife first got it from a outpatient surgery, ( dont know if the operating room wasnt decontaminated properly from a prior surgery) they had to bring her back in and cut a divot or chunk of meat out of her leg to keep the infection from spreading. A month later the husband got the infection and they cut a chunk of meat out of his chest below his armpit. I hear that its very contagious, and i am not looking at catching this crap!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:37 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Any big new years partys going on? The party i was going to attend was or is being cancelled. The husband and wife both got mersa. its some sort of staph infection that is resistant to common drugs. Apparently the wife first got it from a outpatient surgery, ( dont know if the operating room wasnt decontaminated properly from a prior surgery) they had to bring her back in and cut a divot or chunk of meat out of her leg to keep the infection from spreading. A month later the husband got the infection and they cut a chunk of meat out of his chest below his armpit. I hear that its very contagious, and i am not looking at catching this crap!
Ask NASTYTRANSAM, he might know of something?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!