Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Any big new years partys going on? The party i was going to attend was or is being cancelled. The husband and wife both got mersa. its some sort of staph infection that is resistant to common drugs. Apparently the wife first got it from a outpatient surgery, ( dont know if the operating room wasnt decontaminated properly from a prior surgery) they had to bring her back in and cut a divot or chunk of meat out of her leg to keep the infection from spreading. A month later the husband got the infection and they cut a chunk of meat out of his chest below his armpit. I hear that its very contagious, and i am not looking at catching this crap!
Wow, I don't think anyone would want that kind of infection. Hope you find a party, I gotta work New Years Eve and New Years Day.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard of mersa; they were worried about that when I messed my finger up a couple years ago. Nasty stuff.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Halter Pool Tables
305 Lincoln Hwy E
New Haven, IN 46774
(260) 749-4034
Thanks I gottem map quested. I'll try and go when i get back from Arkansas. I don't suppose they're closing the doors tomorrow, are they?

Any big new years partys going on? The party i was going to attend was or is being cancelled. The husband and wife both got mersa. its some sort of staph infection that is resistant to common drugs. Apparently the wife first got it from a outpatient surgery, ( dont know if the operating room wasnt decontaminated properly from a prior surgery) they had to bring her back in and cut a divot or chunk of meat out of her leg to keep the infection from spreading. A month later the husband got the infection and they cut a chunk of meat out of his chest below his armpit. I hear that its very contagious, and i am not looking at catching this crap!
I got invited to party at a friends new house but he's mostly inviting people he graduated with. And once again i'll be out of town.

Mersaeeeeewwwwwwww.......

Hey Nick, (Mogley)

I saw you on Industrial road today. Sorry I was too late to honk or wave. I think you came out of that CPA place. I was headed to our other facility down the road. hhhmmmmm maybe you were leaving C&P? Oh well I'll try to look harder for ya' next time.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Mersa is some seriously nasty stuff. My sister had it at school and was pretty close to being hardcore jacked up from it. I guess they thought it was a regular staph infection, so they were treating it with antibiotics and stuff until she kept getting worse then they realized it was mersa.

I think it was close to going into her bloodstream and really doing some damage, but they caught it in time. But she'll never be fully over it, and because of her bout with it she isn't allowed to go into intensive care units and stuff because it's still possible, however, unlikely to spread.

Blake,

I <3 you and your now techno-color driveway.

Nick,

WHERES MY MONEY, BITCH?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by terry02
Hey Nick, (Mogley)

I saw you on Industrial road today. Sorry I was too late to honk or wave. I think you came out of that CPA place. I was headed to our other facility down the road. hhhmmmmm maybe you were leaving C&P? Oh well I'll try to look harder for ya' next time.
Ya the employees park behind C&P and that CPA office. Was it ~3:45? I was on my way to a meeting, and was probably on the phone and completely oblivious to what was going on lol.

Originally Posted by Azar
Nick,

WHERES MY MONEY, BITCH?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Blake,

I <3 you and your now techno-color driveway.
Nothing like 3 year old coolant, oil and transmission fluid coating a driveway to say "I have class".

I'm going to park the BMW next to the stains, just to confuse people.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by terry02
Thanks I gottem map quested. I'll try and go when i get back from Arkansas. I don't suppose they're closing the doors tomorrow, are they?
No they are not closing at all! I went there today and checked it out. They have some expensive pool tables! I saw a Corvette pool table flier and I asked the lady how much it was, and she said it wasn't in the book because she thinks they just got the flier. She told me she would guess it would be around $6,000 because its brushed aluminum. They also had a Chevrolet pool table that was made out of wood that was $4,000-$4,500. What's the average price for a pool table?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

What's the average price for a pool table?
Expensive. Obviously you can buy a garbage one for a small amount of cash, or buy a used garbage one for even less cash. But a really nice table is going to set you back.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:45 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

No they are not closing at all! I went there today and checked it out. They have some expensive pool tables! I saw a Corvette pool table flier and I asked the lady how much it was, and she said it wasn't in the book because she thinks they just got the flier. She told me she would guess it would be around $6,000 because its brushed aluminum. They also had a Chevrolet pool table that was made out of wood that was $4,000-$4,500. What's the average price for a pool table?
Save your money and buy car parts? LOL
Old 12-30-2008, 05:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Agreed!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
friday is good with me.. i do not have to close the dealership so i will be out around 6...open to where ever for dinner and whatever afterwords...just got a Wii and it is a fn blast and ps3 that i have had or we all can go to billard cafe and play pool or play pool at my house....just let me know ben and i will get with scott (sdb) and switches and slick 5.0 to see whats up with them...
Sweet.

Alright, who's all in for Friday?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I should be in for Friday, gotta check with the boss (wife).
Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

AFAIK, Friday's fine for me.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Teching In

+1 on friday...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Teching In

my table was listed at 8895.00...they sold it to me for alot less...just like buying a car...the price only matters if you are going to buy one not just look at them...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

Expensive. Obviously you can buy a garbage one for a small amount of cash, or buy a used garbage one for even less cash. But a really nice table is going to set you back.
Ya I'll probably look for a good table is has slightly been used. I'm going to try and find someone that stopped using it soon after they got it, so the table and everything is in really good shape. I'll probably try and find a good table local around here.

Originally Posted by JPH
Yes I know! LOL! I was just looking because I want one for when I buy a house. I went and looked since someone said they thought they were closing and I could have paid cash for one with the money that I'm saving to buy a house. I might buy a house next year, so this was just a thought to maybe get a good pool table for a good deal.

Originally Posted by CALL911
Sweet.

I should be able to come if it's not too late. It just depends how tired I am from work and what time everything is that you setup.

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
my table was listed at 8895.00...they sold it to me for alot less...just like buying a car...the price only matters if you are going to buy one not just look at them...
Dang that is definitely an expensive pool table! I didn't really realize how much pool tables can cost!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CALL911
Sweet.

I can make it. Just tell me when&where?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Here you go if you want to inform yourselves about it....I dealt with stuff on a daily basis.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mrsa/DS00735
Old 12-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Oh by the way the corvette pool table was the one i was going to buy....7500 for the stainless steel...when i saw it in person it is not the high of quality but it is a kick *** table....i am glad i went with solid wood...i seen tables in dupont registry for 75,000.00 now that is a fn expensive table...
Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

MRSA

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!