Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Kids change everything. I'd much rather be putting the money from the sale of the camaro into my kids' college funds, but it doesn't look like it's going to sell.

Anyone going to the Tincaps' (Potheads) opener? Julie won 2 tix and got 2 more from a coworker. We'll be in section 101 (right field/first base line).
sIR,

I tired to check out the link you have posted for sale, and it does not work. Do you have a different link?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Chris i got a bad headlight motor.Damn it!! Do you think we can fix it?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Anyone going to the Tincaps' (Potheads) opener? Julie won 2 tix and got 2 more from a coworker. We'll be in section 101 (right field/first base line).
I'll be at the game also. My wife won tickets at work so i'll be there with a buddy. Section 101 also row W.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slo_lawncher
sIR,

I tired to check out the link you have posted for sale, and it does not work. Do you have a different link?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...treet-car.html
Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Dan, your wife works for Parkview, too? They must have bought the whole section.

Nick, thanks for the link.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If GM is going to keep toying with dropping brands, they might as well kill everything but Chevy and Cadillac. All the other (successful) brands have a base brand and a top brand. Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota/Lexus, VW/Audi, etc.

I just can't comprehend killing Pontiac and keeping Buick though. Buick hasn't built a car I'd drive in ~10 years, and they haven't built one I'd go out looking for in ~20 years. They'd be better off to build a few slightly cheaper Caddy's and drop Buick. Cadillac has gotten it's name out of the mud enough to be like BMW/Lexus/Acura and have models from ~35k on up, which is squarely in Buick land. Go cheaper? Get a Chevy.

Currently there is nothing but the G8, Vette and Camaro I'd ever look at on a GM lot, though I'm admittedly not a truck guy. Kill the G8 and it's just Vette/Camaro...

and as far as not modding a car.. give me the first Vette ever made or a ZL1 Camaro, and I'll still mod the **** out of them. Cars are made to be driven and used, not looked at and babied. Nothing against collectors; that just means that 25 years from now I'll be able to pick up a mint car from current times and beat the hell out of it then.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
though I'm admittedly not a truck guy.
You just made baby jesus cry
Old 04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
I'm busy workin on everyones car but mine lol, but I did take part of the interior BACK OUT to spray underbody coating/sound deadener on the inside (trying to cover the damn smell still, grrrr), and to fish some wires out from under the carpet we missed when the dash went in. Speaking of which, anyway I could borrow the welder for a few hours friday night to weld an exhaust hanger back on compton's 240 after we swap his tranny?
I don't see a problem with that. Sorry I was asleep when you texted me last night
Old 04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MKR03
I'm sure we can.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chris, looks like your G8 might be collectible. Hold off on those mods, bud.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...transportation
I'll keep the stock parts and hope for the best lol.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by juiced2000ss
then you need a new book :d i like my family car.

As for insurance. $109 a month, full coverage, all 3 cars... State farm. That also includes $7 a month for an extra little life policy. I've been happy with them for years.
i like your family car also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had terrible luck with the 2 Firebirds I have owned and headlight issues. All the times I had issues, it was always something related to the headlight gears. If they are making a loud buzzing noise, or don't come up or down properly, its probably the gears in your car as well. They are known to strip as they are nylon and the factory replacements are extremly expensive and known to fail again. Do yourself a favor, get the Brent Franker aluminum headlight gears. They're only $40, and will fix your problem once and for all.

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
If GM is going to keep toying with dropping brands, they might as well...

...give me the first Vette ever made or a ZL1 Camaro, and I'll still mod the **** out of them. Cars are made to be driven and used, not looked at and babied. Nothing against collectors; that just means that 25 years from now I'll be able to pick up a mint car from current times and beat the hell out of it then.
I couldn't agree more.

Originally Posted by tunedports10
You just made baby jesus cry
Old 04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Ben where you get the gears at.Thanks for the help.Chris and i going to do it i hope lol
Old 04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Ben where you get the gears at.Thanks for the help.Chris and i going to do it i hope lol
It's not too terrible of a job. With Chris it should be a piece of cake. If I were back home I'd help you out, as I've done it so many times now I could do it in my sleep. I did make one error though, it's $45 for one gear and $85 if you want both gears.

Here's the link you need> http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm
Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CALL911
I have had terrible luck with the 2 Firebirds I have owned and headlight issues. All the times I had issues, it was always something related to the headlight gears. If they are making a loud buzzing noise, or don't come up or down properly, its probably the gears in your car as well. They are known to strip as they are nylon and the factory replacements are extremly expensive and known to fail again. Do yourself a favor, get the Brent Franker aluminum headlight gears. They're only $40, and will fix your problem once and for all.

Me too, no more problems after replacing them with aluminum ones!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not too terrible of a job. With Chris it should be a piece of cake. If I were back home I'd help you out, as I've done it so many times now I could do it in my sleep. I did make one error though, it's $45 for one gear and $85 if you want both gears.

This is what we will do then. I recommended doing both at the same time to fix the problem for good. Thanks Ben!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

I really need to do that cause I have the allen wrench in the car so i dont have the "wink" all the time....is it simple to do without takin one apart before so i know whats goin on?? Mine just stoped one day with no grinding, so i am not 100% sure what it is, no i have not checked power at the motor yet...its on the list
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000NHRAFormula
I really need to do that cause I have the allen wrench in the car so i dont have the "wink" all the time....is it simple to do without takin one apart before so i know whats goin on?? Mine just stoped one day with no grinding, so i am not 100% sure what it is, no i have not checked power at the motor yet...its on the list
All the directions and even a short "how to" video is all on the same website I posted up earlier.

It's not rocket science, but I wouldn't go so far to call it simple either. It's more of just a PITA. Do it enough like I have though, and you get good at it.

I replaced them in my old Firebird, and my new one. Then because I didn't clean one good enough in my 98, the epoxy didn't set, and the covor came off. I rigged up something else that didn't work, and then something else. Finally I fixed it, and then last fall I had more issues. Nothing to do with the new gears. Do yourself a favor, make sure you read ALL of the info on Brents page. There is some really important stuff on there that would have saved me a lot of headache if I just would have took the time to read everything carefully.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Thanks again Ben your a great help.I got Chris he is a smart guy sometimes lol
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone going to be out at Hall's tonight/tomorrow night? Should be nice out and I'm sick of hanging out with the ricers...

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!