Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:09 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
I laughed so hard I'm in tears and still can't stop laughing. Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Vid 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPxIibhcKY

Vid 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qZtwJNjxk

Vid 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fds_hupE2vQ
How are we coming with the motor Nick?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Default another FN multiqoute story

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
You win most confusing sentence of the day award.

Are you saying she hit them while stopped, or that she stopped, then accelerated into them? It seems unlikely that she could have killed someone if she wasn't moving, although it seems nearly as unlikely that you could accelerate fast enough to kill someone in the 20' it takes to cross an intersection.
Let's try that one again in English.
I'd like to thank the academy, and all those that believed in me.

Stopped, didn't see, then accelerated in front of. "Ford Explorer with 4 people" VS "Honda Gold wing with 2 people" The bike, when it hit actually caused the Explorer to flip on it's side.

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Ive lived there for 3years now and thats the first wreck since Ive lived there The bike wreck happened 4years ago(bike was speeding, somebody pulled out in front of the bike).
I don't think it mattered that the bike was speeding. When asked, no one in the truck knew if they had stopped at the sign or not, the driver who said she though that she did. That was one of the main questions at the time. I knew that the accident was at least 4 years ago, might have been 5. When that accident happened, I'm almost certain that in the news reel they refferenced another accident that had happened there recently or at least within that year. Others at work today were all agreeing that there were a multitude of accidents there in the past. That intersection is on a hill is it not?

Originally Posted by JPH
You writing a book on here or what Terry? LOL When we going to start modding that SOM or SOB camaro of yours?
Novela get it right! Well large ideas of grandeur had started brewing in my head, then money got spent on paint, medical, and impromptu vacations.
I'm not even going to lie and say that by the end of winter I could make parts purchases, but it would be nice if that cud happen.
I might have to buy another daily driver buy that time. I know that I need to spend some money on doors for my truck, if anybody has S10 or sonoma parts or parts vehicles around?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Somebody put a ****** thread size limit on this guy!

Originally Posted by terry02
Stopped, didn't see, then accelerated in front of. "Ford Explorer with 4 people" VS "Honda Gold wing with 2 people" The bike, when it hit actually caused the Explorer to flip on it's side.

I don't think it mattered that the bike was speeding. When asked, no one in the truck knew if they had stopped at the sign or not, the driver who said she though that she did. That was one of the main questions at the time. I knew that the accident was at least 4 years ago, might have been 5. When that accident happened, I'm almost certain that in the news reel they refferenced another accident that had happened there recently or at least within that year. Others at work today were all agreeing that there were a multitude of accidents there in the past. That intersection is on a hill is it not?
It does matter that they were speeding because of the blind spot of the hill, at the speed limit there is plenty of time to get across, speed over the hill good luck
Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Default I just got a lot to say!

It does matter that they were speeding because of the blind spot of the hill, at the speed limit there is plenty of time to get across, speed over the hill good luck

[COLOR="BlueNews-Sentinel, The (Fort Wayne, IN) - July 17, 2004 - FIRST SECTION

Two people on motorcycle die in collision with SUV
Author: Robert Spruck, [email]rspruck@news-sentinel.com[/email]
Word Count: 238

A two-vehicle crash Friday on Washington Center Road left two Anderson residents dead and a Columbia City teenager in critical condition, the Allen County Sheriff's Department said.

The wreck happened at 12:30 p.m. at the intersection of Washington Center and Butt roads in Fort Wayne. Police believe a maroon 1997 Mercury Mountaineer traveling south on Butt Road failed to stop at a stop sign and was struck in the intersection by a blue 2001 Honda motorcycle traveling west on

» Purchase complete article of 238 words
COLOR]

It seems like I remember the Mountaineer being that blue green color but hey
Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Oh HEy BEn If you get this...........take care and I'll try to get with you guys the next time ya' come home.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Default For the guy with to much to say

Whats the point of that article?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

failed to stop.......not, "was speeding" or "didn't see" (which was implied)
Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Default For the guy with pointless quotes

failed to stop.......not, "was speeding" or "didn't see" (which was implied)
Never questioned that. But I know the witnesses(my neighbors) which stated the bike was speeding.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

I laughed so hard I'm in tears and still can't stop laughing. Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Vid 1:

Vid 2:

Vid 3:

Some people never learn.......too funny.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Default "insert word" just places some emphasis or helps generalize something more

Never questioned that. But I know the witnesses(my neighbors) which stated the bike was speeding.
Oh Ok then I won't question it either. But I know each of the 4 passengers in the SUV, and they all stated "**** came from outta no where!", and " I don't know man, I think she slowed down at least". Not pointless this time, actual qoutes from the passengers.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let it die ladies! Lets move on to something else.....
Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JPH
How are we coming with the motor Nick?
err, motor? what motor? lol I've gotta pick up this book from the libray: http://www.amazon.com/How-Rebuild-LS.../dp/193249460X then crack bang pow, i'll be putting it together
Old 01-05-2009, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Default Again WTF is the point!

Oh Ok then I won't question it either. But I know each of the 4 passengers in the SUV, and they all stated "**** came from outta no where!", and " I don't know man, I think she slowed down at least". Not pointless this time, actual qoutes from the passengers.
Really not sure what you are getting at or what you are trying to get at. They ran a stop sign and got hit. Are you trying to state some new information from a wreck that happened 4.5years ago, or just reminising(spelling?) of the wreck
Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Default Spite

Really not sure what you are getting at or what you are trying to get at. They ran a stop sign and got hit. Are you trying to state some new information from a wreck that happened 4.5years ago, or just reminising(spelling?) of the wreck
I got lost along the way. You said one thing so i disagreed, we bantered, end of story sheesh.

I've always used air quotes for my purposes not grammatical accuracy and that is the way I shall continue.

This is me letting it die.

i win
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

going home see you guys tomorrow
Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

OK can we get back to LS1 stuff??? What is considered a good price on LS6 heads??
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd consider 200-250 dollars a pretty good price on LS6 heads, assuming they're complete and stock.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Vid 1:

Vid 2:

Vid 3:
HAHAHA That first one had me going. "If I dont get my wife another beer shes gonna stab me in the face"
Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuel system mocked up:

Here you can see the bracket for the pump. It's pretty sturdy, plenty enough to hold the A1000 in place.

This picture is a little misleading because of the angle. There is no sharp bend in that hose at all, it's just the perspective.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

err, motor? what motor? lol I've gotta pick up this book from the libray: http://www.amazon.com/How-Rebuild-LS.../dp/193249460X then crack bang pow, i'll be putting it together
Nick, I have that book. Geez, why doesn't anyone ever just ask me about the LSX motors? I live and breath the stuff daily people. Com on now.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!