Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by halucinator
I'd be even more worried if the shift he missed was the 1-2 shift.
it is. i dont know why, i've never missed 2nd-3rd it's always 1-2
Old 01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Scott I can't remember the info on that V, I know somebody lookin for one.
x2

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
the first race, i remember, i did miss 2nd gear. and the reason i said you didn't win was because i hardly counted it a race, a low roll in 1st and shortly into 2nd. jefferson blvd is not where i prefer to do my racing, especially right in front of jefferson point.

the 2nd race i really cant remember, i remember it being close, but i don't recall what all happened.

and yes, i do need a driver mod. the biggest problem in that car was 1st gear was so short, I'd get taken off guard by the rev limiter on a regular basis.
You know they make these things called shift lights right?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Teching In

COBB STOP MAKING EXCUSES.......terry02 smoked you , he had the jacket on...i remember...the rainbow colors of his jacket were shinning through his tinted windows and you cannot lose with TIDE racing...
Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and yes, i do need a driver mod. the biggest problem in that car was 1st gear was so short, I'd get taken off guard by the rev limiter on a regular basis.

I think you should practice a little more with shifting 1-2. Like practicing hole shooting on a deserted road. Your not the only one stuck with a crappy short 1st gear.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

BTW, my brand new Motron 60# injectors are up for grabs if anyone is interested
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Teching In

if i am not mistaken is that a pull straight down??? 1-2 shift? i can see were that could be hard to pull off... unless the sti was a 3 on the tree....then that can really throw someone...
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
COBB STOP MAKING EXCUSES.......terry02 smoked you , he had the jacket on...i remember...the rainbow colors of his jacket were shinning through his tinted windows and you cannot lose with TIDE racing...
LMAO. I can't stop laughing at that. So I'm gonna get this right. Terry has the tide jacket like michael jackson has his glove?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/vide...ic-Drag-Racing

Founds cobbs new car! No shifting required.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast
x2

You know they make these things called shift lights right?
yea i know, but i never found one necessary before seeing as how the car was well over 100hp slower the year before

it was like a light spectrum trick, the reflection off his jacket beaming through the tint created a light vortex effect that blinded me and I wasn't able to see my tachometer

I think you should practice a little more with shifting 1-2. Like practicing hole shooting on a deserted road. Your not the only one stuck with a crappy short 1st gear.
yea, i'll do that next time i have a car worth racing.

if i am not mistaken is that a pull straight down??? 1-2 shift? i can see were that could be hard to pull off... unless the sti was a 3 on the tree....then that can really throw someone...
dude, it's tough to move a shifter in a straight line! i don't know! i can't explain it, just whenever i **** up a shift it's always 1-2. i think it has something to do with my timing between my clutch-in and the pull down. or maybe all the masturbation i've done has made my wrist jabberwockied and I can't pull it down in a straight line.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cobb when are you getting another subby then?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Teching In

**** with all this snow we're supposed to get, i wish tomorrow.

probably in march, maybe sooner if i can find a good deal on an 05 sti
Old 01-12-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** with all this snow we're supposed to get, i wish tomorrow.

probably in march, maybe sooner if i can find a good deal on an 05 sti

Why an 05 if you don't mind? I still see a blue one with the big yellow stickers that drives in Butler every once in a while.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thedarkness
Ok ok yeah I saw it they did like a 40ish roll and Terry got him, but I think Cobb missed a shift cuz Terry did walk away hard. All I could see was a tide racing jacketed arm fist pumping out the window faster than when your local D & D dork discovered his first playboy and vasoline combo. No offense Terry but the guys are right Cobb should have decimated you. But, I see where Terry's comin from too, they raced twice and both times (I think?) Cobb missed a shift so what do you do? Its a draw that's what it is, but without missing those shifts it probly would have been pretty obvious like 5-6 lengths.
I'd say after all the complaining of the first time that he missed a shift if he had the second time I would a heard about it. Cobb should have the guy that bought his car come out this spring and I'll run it again. It's a faster car I deserve to lose.

On the sixth day God gave us Ricky Rudd, on the seventh he rested. The day of God's rest would be the day that Ricky would rule.

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/vide...ic-Drag-Racing
Founds cobbs new car! No shifting required.
That was a pretty cool segment. I wish the Tesla car would get to market. The sooner that happens the sooner the prices can come down. Or at least we could start to have a used market.

[QUOTE=Th3Cobb;10834168]it was like a light spectrum trick, the reflection off his jacket beaming through the tint created a light vortex effect that blinded me and I wasn't able to see my tachometerQUOTE]

It's because I had reached 88mph and started to go Back To The Future.....Where I was still in front of you
Old 01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it was like a light spectrum trick, the reflection off his jacket beaming through the tint created a light vortex effect that blinded me and I wasn't able to see my tachometer
Originally Posted by terry02
It's because I had reached 88mph and started to go Back To The Future.....Where I was still in front of you
That deserves to be put in a sig.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Why an 05 if you don't mind? I still see a blue one with the big yellow stickers that drives in Butler every once in a while.
the 04's don't have as much sound deadening in the doors and the trunk, and the interior doesnt look as nice (******* cup holder above the stereo was always a pain in the *** in my old one)

the 06/07's are a bit too sleek, I like em, but the three part front grill and the "hawk eye" headlights still bother me.

a lot of it's just personal preference, im buying it for a daily driver or else i'd opt for the more raw/noisy/lighter 04. and looks wise and possible options, the 05 suits my demands.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by switches
All I have to say is WOW. I think the little V-6 Regals ready to smash that your camaro. Wannna race ?
Get him switches
Old 01-12-2009, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by terry02
I'd say after all the complaining of the first time that he missed a shift if he had the second time I would a heard about it. Cobb should have the guy that bought his car come out this spring and I'll run it again. It's a faster car I deserve to lose.

I just don't see it with a good driver not missing shifts against a close to stock camaro. Cobb ran a 13.0 I believe and I haven't see a camaro with the small amount of mods that you have run that low. Not to say its not possible but I think its time for a cross fire injection mod on the camaro and then you'll be able to take him
Old 01-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Teching In

13.0@110 w/ a 1.9xx 60' if i could have gotten my launch down to at least 1.6 or better where it was supposed to be i could have made a low 12 pass.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Dude the tesla did hit the market and they're already havin problems and last I heard they were on the brink of closin up due to financial issues.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thedarkness
Dude the tesla did hit the market and they're already havin problems and last I heard they were on the brink of closin up due to financial issues.
something about the batteries not having good life after being recharged only a few times?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!