Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
EGT gauge is setup, but for some reason not getting a reading (might be a bad EGT probe...
You have the ProSport Premium EGT correct? If so, how long did you let the car run for? It always took a while for mine to warm up to temperature in the beast, but once it was up to temperature, it changed temps as need be very quickly. Just a thought.

BTW, I'm loving this page number
Old 01-22-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Mityvac, and the front wheels both have speed bleeders. It's not difficult, just tedious and I've not felt like it yet, since I can't drive it till the snow melts anyway (and I don't know if it ever will melt at this pont...).

Nick,

It's the standard EGT, but I think they use the same probe. I let it run for like 2 minutes, and it didn't move, even though I know my EGTs were over the 200* that the needle starts at. Did yours take more than a few minutes?

I've got some more stuff to do tonight, maybe I'll let it run for a while longer and see how it does. I need to put my scanner on it and start tweaking the idle tuning, as well as recal my WBO2 anyway.

Why is 415 special?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Mityvac, and the front wheels both have speed bleeders. It's not difficult, just tedious and I've not felt like it yet, since I can't drive it till the snow melts anyway (and I don't know if it ever will melt at this pont...).

Nick,

It's the standard EGT, but I think they use the same probe. I let it run for like 2 minutes, and it didn't move, even though I know my EGTs were over the 200* that the needle starts at. Did yours take more than a few minutes?

I've got some more stuff to do tonight, maybe I'll let it run for a while longer and see how it does. I need to put my scanner on it and start tweaking the idle tuning, as well as recal my WBO2 anyway.

Why is 415 special?
I used a autometer egt and it would read within 30sec.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nick,

Why is 415 special?

The first time I used it I thought the same thing, that it didn't work, but I drove it down the road and it started reading fine. When it just sat there and idled, I can't remember exactly how long, it was a few minutes but it was def less than 5 minutes though.

415 was the whp of the civic on pump gas
Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

HEy All the snow melted!!!!! at least a good portion of it. I took my coat off most of the day, just wearin a henly. Speed bleeders I can dig!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know where you are. I still have snow on the ground and snow coating the streets here. Definitely can't drive the Mazda in this ****.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

I don't know where you are. I still have snow on the ground and snow coating the streets here. Definitely can't drive the Mazda in this ****.
Nah! wouldnt expect ya' to drive it in this soupy ****
Most of the ice and snow around my three buildings on coliseum and even a little out by Roanoke has started to receed, I wouldnt drive my car in this yet either. be a while before all the salt washed off the road two, er uh sand.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Teching In

balderdash terry i'll go get the vette out and we're doin this right now....RIGHT F-IN NOW!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thedarkness
balderdash terry i'll go get the vette out and we're doin this right now....RIGHT F-IN NOW!
ohh SNAP!!!!! called out beeeaaacchhhh....
Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Beaver's back. Thought you disappeared, it's been a few pages. We're slow lately, and I'm having to give Terry **** all by myself...
Old 01-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Teching In

my moneys on Zach. Terry, are you gonna let yourself get called out like this?????????
Old 01-23-2009, 02:53 AM
Teching In

Guys, i started a thread over at fort wayne muscle i would like you to take a look at. http://www.fortwaynemuscle.net/forum...=4870#post4870

Looking for some weight reduction. Check out the thread and you shall see what i am talking about.

Thanks all,

Luke
Old 01-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thedarkness
Bring it, my 2.8 5spd truck wants piece of that Vette The Camaro.......is bored with the thought, don't waste my gas
Put on your lt's and smoke me! waitn on you brosef!

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
ohh SNAP!!!!! called out beeeaaacchhhh....
HA HA hA hA HA glad to have you bck I almost rebuilt my selfesteem. I'll just leave it here for you to destroy, enjoy

Hey Beaver's back. Thought you disappeared, it's been a few pages. We're slow lately, and I'm having to give Terry **** all by myself...
LOL eyah it's been fun, but just not the same.

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
my moneys on Zach. Terry, are you gonna let yourself get called out like this?????????
He's lighter.............In the pants OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Teching In

glad to see terry is still posting 3/4 page posts....

well here is the follow up on the c6 vader....car is back to stock (still faster than terry02) and is going away to make room maybe for the new toy...time will tell at this point....
thought about buying a sunset orange camero put a ss hood on it leave it stock height and the stock rear spoiler and go to halls and wax it while everyone else raced....but thats been done. Then i thought about the same without the wax part and sport out my cool tide racing jacket, but thats been done. Hell maybe i will not by anything and just post 10 paragraph posts on tech and jerk off then cry myself to sleep...oops thats been done also...**** what to do?

Last edited by b_ver_plezer69; 01-23-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well here is the follow up on the c6 vader....car is back to stock (still faster than terry02) and is going away to make room maybe for the new toy...time will tell at this point....
thought about buying a sunset orange camero put a ss hood on it leave it stock hieght and the stock rear spoiler and go to halls and wax it while everyone else raced....but thats been done. Then i thought about the same without the wax part and sport out my cool tide racing jacket, but thats been done. Hell maybe i will not by anything and just post 10 paragraph posts on tech and jerk off then cry myself to sleep...oops thats been done also...**** what to do?
LMAO
Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

kenny, you have 2 new e-mails on your msn account...

hey terry, you remember how I quit posting for a while because i was constantly being made fun of?

....yea....hibernation dumdumdum
edit: haha for the win translates dumdumdum LOL
Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thought about buying a sunset orange camero put a ss hood on it leave it stock hieght and the stock rear spoiler and go to halls and wax it while everyone else raced....but thats been done. Then i thought about the same without the wax part and sport out my cool tide racing jacket, but thats been done. Hell maybe i will not by anything and just post 10 paragraph posts on tech and jerk off then cry myself to sleep...oops thats been done also...**** what to do?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Teching In

p.s. best wideband for the money AEM uego. just make sure you buy the one with the controller so you can plug into laptops. I dunno if HPtuners has an import setting for reading non stock sensors but all the guys I know running extremely modified setups trust the uego's readings.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
kenny, you have 2 new e-mails on your msn account...

hey terry, you remember how I quit posting for a while because i was constantly being made fun of?

....yea....hibernation dumdumdum
edit: haha for the win translates dumdumdum LOL
K... WILL CHECK THEM OUT
Old 01-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

woooooooooooof! (to the gut)

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!