Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can barely hear the bike at full throttle I should be able to get away quietly if need be . As long as Nate isn't around, we're all good
Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

County cops out that way, right?

Skull *****, then who knows where else they'll put it.

Might be a good spot. There are too many spots for them to patrol them all. I personally don't take part in street racing myself, but it's good to know for those that do.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:14 AM
12 Second Club

Got the first few parts back from alex. He should be finshed up with them by this weekend
Old 03-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
County cops out that way, right?

Skull *****, then who knows where else they'll put it.

Might be a good spot. There are too many spots for them to patrol them all. I personally don't take part in street racing myself, but it's good to know for those that do.
+1 ON THAT, IT IS AGAIST THE LAW AND PEOPLE CAN GET HURT, STREET RACING IS JUST WRONG KEEP IT ON THE TRACKTHATS WHY U WILL NEVER EVER CATCH ME RACING ON THE STREET, I ENJOY JUST HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS AT HALLS AND CHECKING OUT EVERYONES CARS..

Last edited by b_ver_plezer69; 03-20-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I inspected my LS1 rockers closer. I can't see anything wrong with them (although I can't see all of them as some on the passenger side are back aways as far as seeing both of the "c" clips Blake was refferring to.)

None of them I would consider to be "loose". However it seemed like half of them wouldn't budge at all and were rock solid, and the other half had some movement (although we are talking about a VERY little amount of movement, as in less than 1 mm). There definatly wasn't any obvious carnage up top though. This gives me some piece of mind that what I pulled off the drain plug was residual from the last time.

When the other rocker failed, Nate replaced it and we changed the oil. This is the first oil change since then so its possible this was just the leftovers from last time.

It really does suck not knowing anyone out here. I really do miss being back in the Fort with all of you guys as most of you have all helped me out of a jam more times than can be counted. For that, I am eternally gratefull.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Well I inspected my LS1 rockers closer. I can't see anything wrong with them (although I can't see all of them as some on the the "c" clips Blake was refferring to.)

in the Fort with all of you guys as most of you have all helped me out of a jam more times than can be counted. For that, I am eternally gratefull.

We miss not havin' you around also...sdb and i were talking about all the original people from super shops and there are not to many of them left...ie moved , got out of the car stuff, or just disappeared completely off the face of the earth...u being one of the original members of supershops along with me and slick lx, switches, tina and ron, ect are a dying breed like the 02 f bodys...lol...just get what you need to get done and come home to the fort and hopefully halls will still be happnin' place for us to start ****...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

I can remember a little bit from Super Shops. I was about 4 or 5 when they closed but dad took me up there to see the cars. If I remember right Halls was for the cars from the 40's and 50's right? Its kinda rusty cause I was really young but it was about the coolest thing to a little kid to be there.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, shops was closed before I got my license (I think?) but everyone still hung out up at those lots back then. I was an annoying kid with a Grand Am (and later Grand Prix) back then though. I hadn't moved up to being an annoying guy with an RX7 yet.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alot of good times and funny **** went down at supershops.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Going to look at a 24' enclosed trailer for the car. It 10k lb unit, insulated and finished interior, Flouresent (spelling/ partially retarded) Wired for generator and has AC. Hopefully there is not any frame damage or water leaks. Lot of 7k lb units are grossly overloaded and tweak the frame. Figure the trailer is 3500lbs add a 3500lb car and you are at your max limit for the frame. This one is a 10k lb one, so i shouldnt be able to overload it.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Old 03-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Yeah, shops was closed before I got my license (I think?) but everyone still hung out up at those lots back then. I was an annoying kid with a Grand Am (and later Grand Prix) back then though. I hadn't moved up to being an annoying guy with an RX7 yet.
NOW I AM GOING WAY BACK TO SHOAFF PARK......that was the hang out before super shops....3-4 hours to make a lap at shoaff park had to get there by 4-5 pm to get a place to park...that was the real wild time...i sold stolen smokes out of my trunk for a dollar a pack... the sweetest rides in fort wayne and the surrounding area would come to cruise shoaff park, on the weekends. JPH i know you remember shoaff
Old 03-21-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
We miss not havin' you around also...sdb and i were talking about all the original people from super shops and there are not to many of them left...ie moved , got out of the car stuff, or just disappeared completely off the face of the earth...u being one of the original members of supershops along with me and slick lx, switches, tina and ron, ect are a dying breed like the 02 f bodys...lol...just get what you need to get done and come home to the fort and hopefully halls will still be happnin' place for us to start ****...
Don't worry, I think you'll have plenty of fun this year. I drove home down coliseum last night and the discount crowd swarmed on the G8 lol. I think I made a few of them mad
Old 03-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

AHHH Shoaff park,those were the good old days. I remember kennys mustang with the wall of speakers in place of the rear seat, that bitch was load.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by switches
AHHH Shoaff park,those were the good old days. I remember kennys mustang with the wall of speakers in place of the rear seat, that bitch was load.
my super mint 86 gt...2 15's, 2 12's, 4 10's, 8 8's and 16 tweeters.. on a 2000 watt zeus amp...yes it was VERY VERY LOUD!!!! holy **** i was the DJ for shoaff park for 4 years... Then came Steve Cafferillo with my 87' turbo coupe I sold him, and filled the whole car with 18's, and made mine seem like WOWO and craig snieder with the grand national (who still comes up to halls) blew both of us away...all i remember was playing DJ MAJIC MIKE at coldwater crossing and blowing all the sidewalk lights out...I miss that car.. the base was soooo hard it made my lug nuts loosen up... when i would pull into shoaff all the harley riders would make me play ZZ Top and the song was tush....they made me play that fn song over and an over again...good song though

Last edited by b_ver_plezer69; 03-21-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, you guys are making me feel better about my collections of speakers in my past. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who was rocking sub collections in their younger days.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Teching In

LOL, you guys are making me feel better about my collections of speakers in my past. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who was rocking sub collections in their younger days.
let me tell ya blake, my nic name was DJ BIG MONEY....thats how deep i was into it
I have the satin jacket with that embrodered on the back... I still have that jacket somewhere...ask switches about that...we all had these stupid nic names...I think eric was little "e"

wait it all is comming back to me, eric was little "e" i was big money, and r friend Tom kennig was COSMO T!!!!!

Last edited by b_ver_plezer69; 03-21-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:23 AM

Not to be a pain guys but im still lookin for this jacket, I know there was a guy on here that had them does anybody know who he is?
Attached Thumbnails Another Hall's deal!!!-tide91jacket2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Teching In

TERRY02.....his nic name is "TOOL IN A TIDE JACKET"....We think he has more than one
Old 03-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Teching In

all them fn speakers were in a spotless t-top 30k miles 86 gt mustang I had....it was nuts....now when i hear that **** I tell them ****** to turn that **** down... awwwwllll the times have changed

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!