Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ford ****** are all the same... they lose and go home tear thier car apart and it gets slower...then they blame it on something else ....
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

You guys are AWESOME! Anybody going to hit up TRF this weekend? Where is the new spot for our cars? Corner of coldwater and colisuem? What time? How many people showing up there?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
ford ****** are all the same... they lose and go home tear thier car apart and it gets slower...then they blame it on something else ....
LOL Sounds about right
Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
You guys are AWESOME! Anybody going to hit up TRF this weekend? Where is the new spot for our cars? Corner of coldwater and colisuem? What time? How many people showing up there?
Whens the Pop Evil concert?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Whens the Pop Evil concert?
july 14th and i believe it's at 6. any idea if its an all ages show?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
july 14th and i believe it's at 6. any idea if its an all ages show?
GROW UP Nick
Old 07-10-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Yeah, that's the spot.

I'll be there at 10-10:30 most likely. Kenny shows up at like 6 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
grow up nick
never!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, theres a chance I might be able to stop by the Fort for a weekend. Ft Wayne is just within the distance I am allowed to fly my cross country flight in the T-6, and we can go anywhere in that distance as long as I can convince the Instructor that comes with me that it would be a good time.

Sorry, I won't be able to give any of you guys any rides (technically you'd just need the ejection seat training and a pre-fit G-suit). But if any of you would be interested, you could come see me take off and land and maybe do a few fly-overs.

Besides all the cars, and the bars, I am trying to come up with good selling points to use to try and convince my instructor to go. So far I have the Corvette museum, along with good food, and the Kruse museum. Anyone got any other selling points? It will be either the last weekend of July, or the first weekend of August if it happens. We'll come out on a Friday and leave Sunday.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

If time permits while I am home, and it still seems like a good idea at the time, I might even kick the dust off CALL911, do an oil change and bring her out to play. It would be good for the Z seeing as how its been in storage since last fall, and I might not get another chance for another year
Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
Well, theres a chance I might be able to stop by the Fort for a weekend. Ft Wayne is just within the distance I am allowed to fly my cross country flight in the T-6, and we can go anywhere in that distance as long as I can convince the Instructor that comes with me that it would be a good time.

Sorry, I won't be able to give any of you guys any rides (technically you'd just need the ejection seat training and a pre-fit G-suit). But if any of you would be interested, you could come see me take off and land and maybe do a few fly-overs.

Besides all the cars, and the bars, I am trying to come up with good selling points to use to try and convince my instructor to go. So far I have the Corvette museum, along with good food, and the Kruse museum. Anyone got any other selling points? It will be either the last weekend of July, or the first weekend of August if it happens. We'll come out on a Friday and leave Sunday.
AWESOME!!! They need selling points other than a 700rwhp+ Camaro and a 700rwhp+ Cobra having at it down the interstate The Corvette museum is closed but I can see if I can't set up a tour of Lingenfelter?

Also, Hurt and Sick Puppies will be at Piere's the last weekend of July:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOvtQUhQVRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ARjAUdG9A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs72v-2zjsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PlYpxHvsw

Last edited by The Beast; 07-10-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

'Vette museum is gone, but there is the ACD museum which is pretty cool.

I'd say a ride in Call911 should be enough, but I'm guessing a flight instructor has been on some pretty crazy rides already.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Beast
AWESOME!!! They need selling points other than a 700rwhp+ Camaro and a 700rwhp+ Cobra having at it down the interstate The Corvette museum is closed but I can see if I can't set up a tour of Lingenfelter?

Also, Hurt and Sick Puppies will be at Piere's the last weekend of July:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOvtQUhQVRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ARjAUdG9A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs72v-2zjsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PlYpxHvsw
There's is only one instructor that I know of in my flight that is into cars (he actually has a MKIV TT), so depending on who my instructor ends up to be for the mission, I don't know if the cars would be a good enough selling point.

Anyone know of anything going on those weekends besides the band playing at Piere's? Any baseball games playing? Any concerts at the Coliseum?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
'Vette museum is gone, but there is the ACD museum which is pretty cool.

I'd say a ride in Call911 should be enough, but I'm guessing a flight instructor has been on some pretty crazy rides already.
There's a distinct difference from flying to the limit, and then driving to the limit. Most guys just don't have a clue down here. They think the Formula is the fastest thing in the world, and they thought that before they even knew it wasn't stock

I think the selling points will be better for clubs, food, and possible good music or something of that nature.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

There's a distinct difference from flying to the limit, and then driving to the limit. Most guys just don't have a clue down here. They think the Formula is the fastest thing in the world, and they thought that before they even knew it wasn't stock

I think the selling points will be better for clubs, food, and possible good music or something of that nature.
Well there is about 10 titty bars here in the fort that should spark some interest lol.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

lol, believe it or not that might be what peaks most of their interests. I'll do my best to sell it. I really want to come back home even if its just for a day or two. See some family, get the Z out, see all you guys, maybe show off the T-6.

I'll keep everyone up to date on if and when it will happen.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Snickers Comedy Club Or Kenny's Comedy Club(Jiffy Lube parking lot friday and saturday nights)
Old 07-10-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, believe it or not that might be what peaks most of their interests. I'll do my best to sell it. I really want to come back home even if its just for a day or two. See some family, get the Z out, see all you guys, maybe show off the T-6.

I'll keep everyone up to date on if and when it will happen.
ACD Museum, World War 2 Museum, Kruse International Auction park (Usually only open during big events or Autox), Tittie bars, weekend racing, Pierres.

Saw 2 F-16s fly over today too. If only I could borrow one.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by halucinator
ACD Museum, World War 2 Museum, Kruse International Auction park (Usually only open during big events or Autox), Tittie bars, weekend racing, Pierres.

Saw 2 F-16s fly over today too. If only I could borrow one.
You joined the wrong branch if you wanted to fly one of those

The T-6 pulls just 2 G's less than the F-16. It sounds all cool on the ground, but I can assure you when you are feeling them in the air while in a constant changing attitude environment, it is unforgiving.

I guess what I am saying here, is that I do enjoy flying this little deamon, but the fighter lifestyle just isn't for me, and the T-6 will be the closest thing I get to one. It's just painfull to strap into a skin tight G-suit, put on a helmet and mask that your skin can't breath out of, and be strapped in a tiny uncomfortable bubble, and then tossed around until you think up is actually down. I love going fast, but to fly uncomfortable like that for a career/living is something I just could never do.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You joined the wrong branch if you wanted to fly one of those

The T-6 pulls just 2 G's less than the F-16. It sounds all cool on the ground, but I can assure you when you are feeling them in the air while in a constant changing attitude environment, it is unforgiving.

I guess what I am saying here, is that I do enjoy flying this little deamon, but the fighter lifestyle just isn't for me, and the T-6 will be the closest thing I get to one. It's just painfull to strap into a skin tight G-suit, put on a helmet and mask that your skin can't breath out of, and be strapped in a tiny uncomfortable bubble, and then tossed around until you think up is actually down. I love going fast, but to fly uncomfortable like that for a career/living is something I just could never do.

Looks great, but yea the lifestyle isn't. My Cousin is one for the Navy. I visited him down in Corpus Christi, TX when he was flying T-45s and doing touch and goes. Now a days he is cruising around on a carrier somewhere flying in F/A-18s. He even got to be Top Gun.

Be cool if you could visit the fort for a few days, get a break off for a little.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!