Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang I go on vacation and look at all this drama that goes on....where's the smilie for that?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by juiced2000ss
200 miles so far.. Seems to turn the bridgestone's pretty easy. I'm pretty happy with it. Just too damn quiet.
thats nothing that a long tubes, x pipe, and a corsa xtreme could not take of....then you'll sound like nate and i...
Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Teching In

WE ARE STARTING THIS AT HALLS THIS YEAR

http://www.burnoutgirls.com/video_wmv.htm

SOMEONE CALL TINA AND TELL HER THINGS ARE CHANGING THIS YEAR...
Old 03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
im gonna see him this weekend...i will check and if he does i will make sure he gets ahold of ya
Sounds good, I'm looking for something like a 26x10.50x16 radial for my stock wheels..thanks brotha
Old 03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

WE ARE STARTING THIS AT HALLS THIS YEAR

http://www.burnoutgirls.com/video_wmv.htm

SOMEONE CALL TINA AND TELL HER THINGS ARE CHANGING THIS YEAR...
Paging SDB,

Instead of packing your dogs in the back of your truck, pack some strippers!! That way, we can re-enact said video, and when you hit the brakes and strippers smash their heads into the rhino-lining of your truck we can all laugh...because as we all know, strippers aren't real people.

However, it will be hard to wash the skank off the hood of our cars.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanisl33t
Anyone got any drag radials they want to get rid of? Send me a pm
I was thinking about selling my Nitto 305/35ZR18's off the back of the Z. Had em on only for a year and only got to do one burnout with them. Tread is still easily north of 75%. Don't know if you were looking for freebees or not though as I would be selling them. If you're interested give me a PM.

thats amazing, hope it all is ok for ya, when r u gonna b home next? this summer is gonna be n-tense...
We'll see how things turn out. It'll probably be a few weeks at least before the car is ready to be started up again. I'm trying not to think about the summer and how I will be missing another year from Halls due to the military. The sad thing is I will be missing next summer also . I won't be back in town until sometime around April 2010, then I'll only be home a short time (maybe a couple weeks) before I'll be headed out to Oklahoma until the late fall of 2010. Then I'll be home for good (or at least until I deploy and go on missions), but I'll be living back near the Fort.

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
That'd be nice if it's just leftovers. I hope everything else is going good for ya!
Thanks Chris. Here's keeping my fingers crossed
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats nothing that a long tubes, x pipe, and a corsa xtreme could not take of....then you'll sound like nate and i...
It'll be something like that. Maybe not that extreme lol.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CALL911
It'll probably be 2-3 weeks, depending on when Sean can get down here, before the car is ready to be started up again. This hinges on when he picks the Vette up from Nate.
Fixed for ya Ben! I'll try to yank the pan while I'm there so we can clean it out real good, and we'll get it as clean as we can for ya. Hopefully nothing got anywhere bad.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

I can pick up the Vette for you Sean
Old 03-19-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Alright fellas, pardon my lack of knowledge on my LS1... I pulled off the valve covers last night and visually inspected the rocker arms. I can't really see anything structurally wrong with them. However given the fact I don't really know what I am looking for doesn't really help any. I can see the inside of the valve covers where it appears the rockers had hit once or twice, but don't know if that was from the last time.

Can anyone (Joe, Nate, Blake, whoever) give me a little assistance on what specifically I should be looking for on these rocker arms damage wise? If it would help I can try to take a few pictures and post them up.

I called up Harlen Sharp today, and they don't have any rockers on the shelf, so I had to decide weather to have to either ship them out my set, or buy a new set. After already anticipating that some of mine have flaws in them and not wanting to go through the pain of trying to find/acquire ones to additionally send Harlen to go in place of possible bad ones, I just ordered a set of new ones.

Blake (or whoever), how long is Harlen Sharps turnaround on these things? I need this back pretty soon.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

In your pictures, you can see a couple of needle bearings on the end of the drain plug, I can't remember if you can see the needle bearings in a complete rocker, but if you can, I'd suggest giving them a good visual inspection, also the rockers should be solid, you shouldn't be able to move the rockers very much at all. I'm by no means an LSx expert, but I've torn down several hundred engines so I have a general understanding of the basics

I had Harlan Sharp do my rockers, and I had them back with in a week.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
Well, I went to change the oil in the Formula today, and got this off the dipstick!

Hopefully this is just leftovers from the last rocker arm that came apart on me and nothing new. Either way its scary to think about this stuff running through the oil system.

I'm taking the car to get a new set of rockers installed soon. Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of my LS1

Hind site......should have changed them all the first time!! By the way good luck with your training .....and negative ghost rider, the pattern is full ....no tower flyby pal.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Damn the BEAVER ran out of trees, now he is barking (chewing ) up Terry.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS1875
Hind site......should have changed them all the first time!! By the way good luck with your training .....and negative ghost rider, the pattern is full ....no tower flyby pal.
Yeah yeah, I know this now When I was doing the top end kit all the research said stock LS1 rockers would be okay, what I didn't take into account was the mileage mine had on them. Anyways, with any luck I'll get them all changed out okay, and HOPEFULLY not have any engine issues.

As for the pilot training, I'll start here pretty soon. It's pretty sweet around base here always seeing the light small very fast aircraft I'll be flying soon zooming right over head sometimes at tree-top level, sometimes wing tip to wing tip with each other (formation flying).

I've been away from the flying stuff for quite a while, and am really itching to get back into it.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Beast
In your pictures, you can see a couple of needle bearings on the end of the drain plug, I can't remember if you can see the needle bearings in a complete rocker, but if you can, I'd suggest giving them a good visual inspection, also the rockers should be solid, you shouldn't be able to move the rockers very much at all. I'm by no means an LSx expert, but I've torn down several hundred engines so I have a general understanding of the basics

I had Harlan Sharp do my rockers, and I had them back with in a week.
Well looking at them I can't see any needle bearings (perhaps I am not looking in the right place though). I'll try to check them to see if any are loose. Thanks Nick.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ben,

To look on those rockers, watch for the end caps on the trunions to be loose. Those are the press fit "caps" that are on each side of the rocker where it rotates. They should have a lip that is nearly flush with the body of the rocker. I'd expect most of them should look like that. If one or more does not it is in process of failing. If one has failed completely (and **** the bearings like your picture shows) the end cap is probably WAY loose or gone and should be noticable.

edit: Should look like this:

The cap surrounding the half circle should be pressed in tight like the picture shows. If that cap isn't flush, the rocker is on it's way to failure. If the cap is missing, it's toast. The rockers themselves are a great design, but the press fit caps suck.

These endcaps are captured on the Harland Sharp units and cannot fail like the stockers do. Anything is possible, but I really, really doubt you'll ever hurt those rockers. They took about 5-6 days to turn around my rockers, and I sent in 4-5 sets when I did them (group buy I organized).

Harland Sharp uses circlips to hold the rocker together:

-Blake

Last edited by digitalsolo; 03-19-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Ben, you might want to get some magnets to tape onto your oil filter for the next couple of oil changes.

On a totally unrelated topic, I just test drove a new road for us to cruise on. The new section of 24 out by stateline is 4 lanes of clear concrete. the road is closed to the public, but you can easily enter on a gravel driveway. Its running for 2 miles right now and there is nothing but farm fields around.

Last edited by Slowr w/o Blowr; 03-20-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Ben, you might want to get some magnets to tape onto your oil filter for the next couple of oil changes.

On a totally unrelated topic, I just test drove a new road for us to cruise on. The new section of 24 out by stateline is 4 lanes of clear concrete. the road is closed to the public, but you can easily enter on a gravel driveway. Its running for 2 miles right now and there is nothing but farm fields around. Thinking that we might get a couple races in there this year before any heat comes down on us in that location.

What would cops do if we were out on the road racing and they rolled up on us? Technically we are on a closed road, there is no public access (side roads and what not) Do you think they would just slap us on the wrists or try to skull ufck us to death?
You shouldn't post that on an open forum. Might want to edit that.
You never know who is looking.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a totally unrelated topic, I just test drove a new road for us to cruise on. The new section of ** out by ********* is 4 lanes of clear concrete. the road is closed to the public, but you can easily enter on a gravel driveway. Its running for 2 miles right now and there is nothing but farm fields around. Thinking that we might get a couple races in there this year before any heat comes down on us in that location.

What would cops do if we were out on the road racing and they rolled up on us? Technically we are on a closed road, there is no public access (side roads and what not) Do you think they would just slap us on the wrists or try to skull ufck us to death?
I'm thinkin a serious skull phuckin

Last edited by blackz6sp; 03-19-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Sign me up. I just put dual turbonatorzzzz in my car and drilled lots of little holes in my mufflers. They can never catch me.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!