Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Well, first off I need to thank Bob @ EPP, Drew, and Nick for trying to help me out, but as much as I want to, I can't be 20 years old again and go into debt for this car.

Car's up for sale. $8500 dollars as-is (spun rod bearing, sounds like #2 or #4). I'd really rather it went out of town so I don't have to see it and work on it, but if anyone knows someone local, bring me cash, you can have the title. It runs well enough to drive onto a trailer no problem. Comes with EVERYTHING including my HP Tuners license ($8800 if you want the tablet PC too). I think I'm going to take a break from the car game for a while gents.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tunedports10
+1 it's just not gonna be the same without blakepedia.

im down for warsaw shenanigans. someone bring a camera.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, first off I need to thank Bob @ EPP, Drew, and Nick for trying to help me out, but as much as I want to, I can't be 20 years old again and go into debt for this car.

Car's up for sale. $8500 dollars as-is (spun rod bearing, sounds like #2 or #4). I'd really rather it went out of town so I don't have to see it and work on it, but if anyone knows someone local, bring me cash, you can have the title. It runs well enough to drive onto a trailer no problem. Comes with EVERYTHING including my HP Tuners license ($8800 if you want the tablet PC too). I think I'm going to take a break from the car game for a while gents.
Well doesn't that just suck a big fat veiny ****... Selling as a whole only?
Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, if I take it apart I'll probably just smash the god damn thing with a hammer.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JPH
117mph in a 50mph zone= $614.50 ticket
Originally Posted by The Beast

I got clocked doing 138 in the civic on 69 and it was "only" $375
Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
<-- 86 in a 35 = $330. were there other offenses that went along with speeding?
116 in a 45 in Whitley county = straight to jail
Old 06-09-2009, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
im down for warsaw shenanigans. someone bring a camera.
+1. I can haz details???
Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

What are you a PUZZY
Old 06-09-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, if I take it apart I'll probably just smash the god damn thing with a hammer.
I understand your frustration. But why sell it? For just a little work later down the road when you are ready to get back into it, you would have a CALL911 eating monster.

Unless you are really hard up for $, giving it away at the price you are asking is really sad considering all you have put into the car time wise, and how close it is to being wicked.

I'd buy it right now if I was back in Indiana. Not for myself, but because I know later you are going to regret this and want it back, and unlike some out of town guy, I would return it to you when you were to that realization
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
I understand your frustration. But why sell it? For just a little work later down the road when you are ready to get back into it, you would have a CALL911 eating monster.

Unless you are really hard up for $, giving it away at the price you are asking is really sad considering all you have put into the car time wise, and how close it is to being wicked.

I'd buy it right now if I was back in Indiana. Not for myself, but because I know later you are going to regret this and want it back, and unlike some out of town guy, I would return it to you when you were to that realization
Not to mention a $200 motor has it running good as new again

Blake, all I know is I STILL regret selling the Civic, more than anyone can imagine, and that wasn't even really my own blood, sweat, and tears poured into the build. At least sit on the car for a few weeks to really think it over. You've got to be furious with the car right now, but don't let your current disappointment lead you to make a decision that you will most certainly regret in the very near future. I'll cut it short and talk to you more about it lata'
Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear what all you guys are saying, I really do.

I don't want to put a half-assed motor back in it and be back in this spot again in a couple months.

I have a great deal lined up on a built engine also, it's just a matter of putting together more cash than I can line up right now, as all my money is tied up in this shitty stock market, and pulling it out now would be nuts.

I don't know, there's not a good answer. The car sitting, sucks. Selling the car sucks. Putting a stock motor in the car, sucks.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hear what all you guys are saying, I really do.

I don't want to put a half-assed motor back in it and be back in this spot again in a couple months. I know the track isn't the sole reason that the motor broke, and I know you babied the crap outta the car, but racing breaks parts. Maybe put another LM7 or LQ4/9 in it and don't track it again and go back to your usual driving. (Text sent in regards to this)

I have a great deal lined up on a new engine also, it's just a matter of putting together more cash than I can line up right now, as all my money is tied up in this shitty stock market, and pulling it out now would be nuts. Can you wait for the money to pile up? You've got a DD for now (or better yet drive the car with another stock motor in it for now), the market and a small savings for a motor will come in due time.

I don't know, there's not a good answer. K E E P I T!!! The car sitting, sucks. agreed Selling the car sucks. fo shizzle my nizzle Putting a stock motor in the car, sucks. not at all

Last edited by The Beast; 06-09-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock LS1 + 62cc chamber heads + hypereutectics = no turbo.

If no one buys this thing at "get it out of my sight fire sale" prices, I'll start saving for the new build, but at the moment, I'm really getting sick of looking at the car and my bank account and the stock market.

Regardless, can we drop this topic? I'm sick of whining like a little girl here, and I'm sure the rest of the group is sick of it as well. Poor me, I broke my car. Yada yada. **** happens, don't play if you can't pay. I can't pay, so I don't get to play.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Teching In

I think we should just take a collection up. 20 bucks per person. buy a temporary motor, throw it in on a saturday morning. Take a couple psi out of the turbo and then we can have blake out there in his hermaphrodite. Look at it this way, 4 psi and your still faster then Emo Dan!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:41 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nmcqueen469
116 in a 45 in Whitley county = straight to jail
I had MANy times where I was clocked over 150 mph in my vette and camaro...never got a ticket. BECAUSE I DIDN'T STOP BECAUSE I AM NOT A *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys got ***** to go over 100 mph on the road, then fuckit, keep your foot in it and avoid the ticket! Really, what do you want to get a ticket for????
Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Teching In

Beaver, we need you to set up our Warsaw excursion.

Hows the car running? Is it fully tuned yet?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Beaver, we need you to set up our Warsaw excursion.

Hows the car running? Is it fully tuned yet?
I believe I am out if the excursion is Sat. I have a wedding to go to. Never the less let me know what the plans end up being
Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 AM
10 Second Club

Julie's grandmother passed away yesterday. We all knew it was imminent, but still a sad day for Julie and her mom. Viewing is probably Friday and funeral Saturday, so I probably won't be out. Calling for rain Sunday, so LPE might be off, too.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Teching In

last night on my lunch break i was taking a lap around waynedale and as i crossed the tracks on ardmore i noticed the sign in front of the lantern reception hall said, "*****." i did a double take and it definitely made my night. luke suggested i do a u-turn and go get a pic, so i did.

i'm impressed, ardmores a somewhat busy road, even in the middle of the night, and this sign definitely didn't say this at 11:30 when i was on my way to work.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Julie's grandmother passed away yesterday. We all knew it was imminent, but still a sad day for Julie and her mom. Viewing is probably Friday and funeral Saturday, so I probably won't be out. Calling for rain Sunday, so LPE might be off, too.
sorry to hear the news. she'll be in my prayers.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Joe, the second belt was a perfect fit.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!