Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to quote the message but decided to say **** it and just quick reply it up..

I just hope he's better than the last guy from Kuwait I had to deal with.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Teching In

so yeah...if you guys hear of any decent job openings, you should definitely let me know. the whole job searching thing is starting to get a little ridiculous and i'm starting to get frustrated that i can't find anything. makes things worse because i'm getting low on cash that i had saved up...grrr...
Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not much out there right now that you can rely on as far as job security goes. You have health care, and the military, thats about it. I feel lucky that I am in one of the two.

Last edited by CALL911; 10-02-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

What exactly do you do? I work in Healthcare (good place to be, as Ben noted) but I've got no clue what your specialty is. Judging by your cars I'm guessing it's not janitorial services.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not digging the long hours and working nights but it is nice having the stability and the paycheck from being back at Parkview. My back is a mess but it's way better than not having a job and trying to find one in this market.

Mike good luck with the search....hopefully something pops up soon for you.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Well the money pit strikes again....losing/lost a synchro for 3rd gear. Seems I'm having a clutch master VS. clutch engagement/disengagement issue. Tried a Ram adjustable without success.... looks like a Tick Performance Master is the next part to throw at it. This trans/clutch **** is getting old!!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Teching In

Darrin, you and i have the same transmission. I was having shifting issues last year, but got it figured out this year. Out of curiosity, what type of fluid are you using in yours? I came up with a concoction that seemed to allow the synchros to engage quicker and easier, and have had not had to change fluid at all this year. Also, another question for you. How tight does your release bearing ride on your pressure plate? Can you or do you preload the release bearing? I know that i have a mechanical and you have a hydraulic, but i am able to keep between 20-30 lbs on the release bearing at all times. This makes for instant release of the clutch disc. If your not releasing your disc until your clutch pedal is nearly on the floor, your synchros are getting thrashed. Hope that helps you out.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Speaking of trannies, where is it that you guys are taking them to get fixed/rebuilt? I think Nate knows for sure, but I don't see him on here too much anymore.

My Formulas transmission has had some issues for years, and I'll probably be wanting to have it fixed when I get back. 3rd gear grinds when going into it under WOT. 5th gear you can ONLY get into from 4th gear, and barely at that. Most times 5th gear engagement grinds if you don't absolutely baby it into gear after a few seconds from coming out of 4th. (Basically just a royal PITA to drive).

I'd like to get the thing fixed, and fixed top notch so I won't have to worry about it again, no matter what the cars performance setup will be.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Ben, i had my trans build up at D&D transmisssion in Wixom Michigan. On a side note, I have seen a sign at the dragstrip in Muncie. Apparently RPM is a tremec dealer and does custom upgrading on the trans. http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/index.html
Old 10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Speaking of trannies
careful all this tranny talk and man hands and the race van is gonna show up
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

There's someplace near or in Ft Wayne that Nate was telling me about... I'll probably just give him a call sometime.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's someplace near or in Ft Wayne that Nate was telling me about... I'll probably just give him a call sometime.
Ben I would talk to Chad W. (Bumblebee). Ask J Rod I think he just got done with his tranny, I know he's done a few.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Mike,

What exactly do you do? I work in Healthcare (good place to be, as Ben noted) but I've got no clue what your specialty is. Judging by your cars I'm guessing it's not janitorial services.
i was a design engineer at my last job making decent money, but the company started to tank, so they decided they needed to go into "survival mode", eventually leading to me and several other engineers getting laid off. i'm in a tricky spot right now because i wont have my bachelors in mechanical engineering technology until the end of spring this coming year. most places require that i have my degree already, and only my associates isnt cutting it. i'd almost be willing to take some kind of position that would just be temporary until i get my degree. i've got the reserve sheriff thing going for me, but i cant take any paid details until im commissioned, which could be either the end of this spring or next winter depending on when allen county decides to offer the academy again. i got screwed out of it this fall because of one damn class that conflicts that i cant change. so pretty much all i can do without being commissioned is working down at the jail, but off course i dont get paid for that. frustrating as hell...
Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

went to muncie last night. what a joke, only was able to make 1 pass before the rain started... went 14.0 @ 98.6,
2.03 60ft in the dd Regal. my brother went 13.2 @ 106 2.1 60ft, first pass in his 1k mi bone stock 04 srt4. it has a cage and no interior lol(bought it that way).

Nobody missed anything, **** was WEAK!

Last edited by kinglt-1; 10-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike,

I'll keep an eye out for you, I know a few guys in the mechanical engineering field.

Ben,

RPM does really good work. I can do basic upgrades, but I don't have the equipment to do a full rebuild, and it sounds like you're losing the synchos on 3 and 5.

Not sure if I posted up that there was nothing wrong with my transmission, just a stupid shifter issue.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hey, another Regal faster than mine with a 3.5 pulley. FML.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Mike,

I'll keep an eye out for you, I know a few guys in the mechanical engineering field.
thanks, i appreciate it. never thought it would be this difficult to find something else decent in my field.

Originally Posted by Azar
Hey, another Regal faster than mine with a 3.5 pulley. FML.
could be worse man, you could have the slowest regal and NOT be supercharged....wait, maybe that's worse. eh, just strap a 250 shot on it and spray it til it blows. i guarantee if it makes it the entire way down the track before it pops, you at least won't be the slowest regal anymore, lol.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Azar, why do you care so much if your beater is faster than someone's fast car?

Just drive the stupi thing and quick worrying about it.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Speaking of trannies, where is it that you guys are taking them to get fixed/rebuilt? I think Nate knows for sure, but I don't see him on here too much anymore.

My Formulas transmission has had some issues for years, and I'll probably be wanting to have it fixed when I get back. 3rd gear grinds when going into it under WOT. 5th gear you can ONLY get into from 4th gear, and barely at that. Most times 5th gear engagement grinds if you don't absolutely baby it into gear after a few seconds from coming out of 4th. (Basically just a royal PITA to drive).

I'd like to get the thing fixed, and fixed top notch so I won't have to worry about it again, no matter what the cars performance setup will be.
RPM did mine.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Darrin, you and i have the same transmission. I was having shifting issues last year, but got it figured out this year. Out of curiosity, what type of fluid are you using in yours? I came up with a concoction that seemed to allow the synchros to engage quicker and easier, and have had not had to change fluid at all this year. Also, another question for you. How tight does your release bearing ride on your pressure plate? Can you or do you preload the release bearing? I know that i have a mechanical and you have a hydraulic, but i am able to keep between 20-30 lbs on the release bearing at all times. This makes for instant release of the clutch disc. If your not releasing your disc until your clutch pedal is nearly on the floor, your synchros are getting thrashed. Hope that helps you out.

I've run GM fluid,Redline, and now some off the shelf ****. Last issue was a broken key and it stuck in 4th gear....had RPM do $300 more in upgrades from the prior Viper internal rebuild however I was still having issues at WOT trying to get from 2-3 and 3-4. Synchro finally started singing pretty loud for 3rd gear. Going to have them all replaced and then try some different fluid along with the Tick Master installed.

Not sure on the bearing part of it. All I know is it has been nothing but problems since this choice in clutches and the install.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!