Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
digitalsolo...you still butthurt because you think your a builder and your **** is always blown up, getting worked on and slow.
Don't think I'm a builder at all. I can handle some basic fabrication, so can most here. I'm pretty decent at turning a wrench, the fact that I was part of a world championship pit crew is pretty good testament to that.

I've blown up one engine. How many have you broken? I often tear it down to work on it, because I enjoy it.

Thought you were supposed to be a shrink? Is that really the best you got? Better step it up.

Originally Posted by SDB
If you like working on junk *** old hybrid ****** rigged conversions, then keep on truckling!

LOL.

Originally Posted by SDB
To each their own...You seem to think becasue I come on this site on occassion that you can talk **** like your "all that". Again let me know when you get yout rattletrap piece of **** in the low 10's and Ill say Im impressed...
If I get it sorted this year, it may go 10s, if it doesn't, I won't care. I don't think I'm all of anything, in fact most that actually know me know that I'm a pretty humble guy in person, and always willing to help other people out. I like talking ****, because you deserve it, and it's damned entertaining.

Originally Posted by SDB
until then, Ill keep looking at ealy retirement in my 50's and moving out of the country to live in a fun exciting new place (Costa Rica, Ecuador, etc)....and you keep modifying old projects if you like...no harm no foul.
Not much desire to go to those places, but more power to you, sounds like a nice gig. If my business goes well, I may be in that situation myself, if not, I'll keep working, as you say, no harm no foul.

Originally Posted by SDB
I will come out to see Massey car, Bens car, Robs car etc. It will be exciting to see for sure. I will also be on here to see all the cool mods being done to cars that will never be finished, never run hard, always be broke....and have the owner explain in true engineering form why it should work and should be fast...but never is! lol
I've never made any claims on my car that I didn't back up. Pay some attention to and listen to what I say, not what others say about it, or you look foolish (well, more foolish). It's also very, very rarely ever been broke. Redone, hell yes, constantly, broken, nah, not really.

I raced plenty in the "old days" when you ran, in fact I ran you in your Cadillac with my stock GTP back in the day, those days were more fun for that part of the scene. That was the part you enjoyed, great. I enjoy modifying cars because I like the design and engineering aspect of it. I could care less what they run. As I said before, if my goal was simply to go fast, I'd have built a nitrous or turbo SBC in a Fox body and gone 8s/9s. It would have been cheaper than what I've got in my car, just wasn't my goal.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 01-13-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyways....on a side note....anyone interested in my 2000 GMC Jimmy? Loaded besides a sunroof 134k new tires brakes fuel pump. I am asking $4500. Looking to get a Trailblazer SS. LMK If you sell it ill give someone $100.

PS-Made more progress on the car tonight me and nate got the intercooler mounted...will have pics up saturday after i take better ones with my camera.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Nate and I,Christ pal. You don't need a TBSS save your money Terry Jr.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Far from Terry lol, I am just ready for something different.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

TBSS > GMC Jimmy for sure.

I'll see if anyone at work is looking for something along those lines Rob.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
Far from Terry lol, I am just ready for something different.
You need a TBSS like you need Qa1s pal!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
Anyways....on a side note....anyone interested in my 2000 GMC Jimmy? Loaded besides a sunroof 134k new tires brakes fuel pump. I am asking $4500. Looking to get a Trailblazer SS. LMK If you sell it ill give someone $100.

PS-Made more progress on the car tonight me and nate got the intercooler mounted...will have pics up saturday after i take better ones with my camera.
If you end up with a TBSS I will have some items for sale shortly. Kooks 1 3/4, y pipe, maybe corsa sport, cam. Maybe a few more. Check out tbssowners dot com there is always a bunch for sale.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

I dont think I will modify it if I end up buying one. I want a black one so I can black it all out.....time will tell. It will be a DD for me and poss. tow my trans am when needed.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
10.22 at 136 is bad ***! Love it...

So, ONE car on this site ahs run faster than what I did (by a .10)...no one else????
Chris is well into the 9s

I know from YEARS of esperince racing on the street that a stroked nitrous car with an auto is the way to go for street 1/4 mile racing
Stop living in the past. Nitrous cars pale in comparison to today's turbo/blower cars. Don't believe me? Go to the Chicago spots or any number of grudge events or KOTS events or 10.5 events and let me know who the winners are. Hell, let me know if there is even a single competitive nitrous car...

Last edited by The Beast; 01-14-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:40 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
Chris is well into the 9s

Stop living in the past. Nitrous cars pale in comparison to today's turbo cars. Don't believe me? Go to the Chicago spots or any number of grudge events or KOTS events or 10.5 events and let me know who the winners are. Hell, let me know if there is even a single competitive nitrous car...
Chris Haney got his G8 in the 9s???? HOLY **** BATMAN...who is this Chris guy and what does he drive....is he here in Ft. Wayne?????

I am saying HERE in OUR CITY....it has always been stroked nitroused cars that ruled the streets. I know that current turbo technology CANNOT be beat, I fully realize that. the fastest cars in nearly any division/class are turbo. I am talking here in the Fort...there have not been any really fast turbo cars...yet...I know John has got a 10 second typhoon and a full on race typhoon that is in the 9's (definately 8 second truck when sorted out). I am making the point that people around here with blowers and turbo cars have not run as fast as the nitrous cars for the most part....period. Over the past 20 years and as recently as last year...show me a local supercharged or turbo car in town that is really fast??

I am not blasting turbos....without a doubt if I got back in it seriously I would have a turbo car of some sort. cant beat 1500 hp and its common to get a turbo build to that level anymore. I am saying LOCALLY where it actually matters..here in our city...where we all live....that the turbo and supercharged cars put down dynbo numbers but not great track times.

I live here in Ft. Wayne, not Chicago so I dont care really what goes on there. I have travelled there in the "old days" and raced people for money, as well as detroit, indy, etc. I really just care about the local scene to look at stuff. Its funny....I said "I put a hundo on Masseys car against that supra" and no one took me up on that bet. Anyone? I imagine Ben would since he is familiar with this supra...anyone else? I go my my experience and personal knowledge and not what is written just on the internet when I make a claim or statement.

Blake, your an internet tough guy....always have been always will be. In person your fine. I am not stuck in the past...I just know from experience what works. And again, aside from ONE person who essentially tied my time within a tenth, no one else with a real street car is as fast I was 5-6 years ago with a lil tired *** stroked 382, 150 shot and drag radials/pump gas full weight (and then some) street car with 4 speed auto tranny 24 mpg car.

Period.

Only cars that were able to beat me were full on race cars that never seemed to make it out on the street.

Oh yeah, i NEVER had a fuel problem on my car when I had, that **** cropped up after Massey toke possession and I am sorry it did. Didn't he buy some injectors from "someone" that lacked good orings and he alamost torched his engine because of it? lol
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Damn, too bad I don't live in the Fort anymore.

I ran 10.50 @ 135 at the 2008 LTx Shootout, on pump gas and with a 6-speed.

Last year I was set up to run in a class that runs 1/8th mile. On a test pass the car went 10.80 at 95 mph letting out at 900-1000 feet. It ran a 6.47 @108 to the 1/8th on that pass. All of this on 92 octane pump and a LITTLE 26x8.5 M/T slick.

If I ever get my car back together this year it should be about .5 seconds faster to the 1/8th. Do the math.

All with a Lowly LT1.
Not trying to be a dick...but...you have not yet run faster than 10.29 yet...right? I know your car will, and it should given its a slicked/skinny race car. Lt1 or not, big blower slicks, suspension...yeah it will run good! My point is that as of TODAY...only one other car here in our local group HAS essentially tied my old time from 6 years ago. So your gonna be 1/2 second faster in the 1/8 mile...so 6.47 minus .50 = 5.93 in the 1/8 mile....right

5.93 1/8 mile in a 3300-3400 lb car on a 10 in slick geared for 1/4 (not just 1/8) would mean about a 9.20 (at about 150mph) 1/4 mile (per a conversion chart I have).

SO, we should be looking forward to you running a solid LOW 9 this year????? Very cool. I will definately keep an eye out for that! Good luck and if you get a LT1 in the low 9's that will be very cool.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Stop living in the past. Nitrous cars pale in comparison to today's turbo/blower cars. Don't believe me? Go to the Chicago spots or any number of grudge events or KOTS events or 10.5 events and let me know who the winners are. Hell, let me know if there is even a single competitive nitrous car...
Forced induction is the best power adder in must peoples opinion I would agree but there are a ton of cars still doing well with the Juice...

Must not have seen the latest GM High Tech Magazine. This car hauls the mail

Best ET/mph: 7.91/172
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Default 2010 ET List:

10.24 @137 Scott Massey (old combo w/200 N20)
10.77 @126 Mike Voelker (N/A combo, car was blowing up doing this)
11.56 @119 Adam Wright (N/A combo )
11.57 @123 Troy Schuemann (N/A LT1 combo)
11.67 @12? Shawn Foy (LT1 w/175 N20)
11.69 @122 Nate Corwin (N/A combo)

These are a few that I remember from last year. Most cars on here have a few tenths left in them from chassis tuning/launching still. Some cars on this list will go faster, some will stay the same, some will never see the streets again.

Last edited by JPH; 01-14-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Chris Bishir with the silver s10 and sbc 350. Runs on pump gas and always has the truck out. You never said you were talking about just local cars in your original post. But saying sprayed cars are king here in town is like saying having down syndrome is the way to win in the special olympics. For a city our size, our car scene and cars suck compared to cities comparable in size. Not bashing anyone at all, it's just unfortunately the way it is. Mediocrity is the status quo for Fort Wayne in every aspect. Always has been, and always will be.

I will say though, that if I actually have time to get to the track a few times this year, if I don't run in the 9's with a 1.3-1.5 60', I'll be pissed. I move to Houston in August, so my time is going to be limited.

Nate, that car is def a runner, no argument there. But just to go along with what I was saying and to put things into prospective, that car isn't in the top 20 fastest LSx cars, and is over a full second and 30mph slower than the fastest time. The top 15 LSx cars are all turbo/blower, and there are only 2 NA/N2O cars in the top 20.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB
To EVERYONE on this site in Ft. Wayne...

Let me know when ANY of you fucktards run faster than a 10.29 @ 136 on pump gas and radials....and Ill consider buying a fast car again.
Well from my count, (and yours too), we have at least one car (probably more).

When are you considering getting a fast car?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

I will say though, that if I actually have time to get to the track a few times this year, if I don't run in the 9's with a 1.3-1.5 60', I'll be pissed. I move to Houston in August, so my time is going to be limited.
ur gonna be pissed
Old 01-14-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
Blake, your an internet tough guy....always have been always will be. In person your fine.
I have never said one thing on the internet that I wouldn't be glad to say in person. Again, if you still hung around at any of the hangouts, you'd be well aware of this. Ask anyone that still does, I'm equal parts ******* on the internet and in person.

I always smile when someone drops to the internet tough guy line, it means you lack any ground to stand on in an actual argument. Again, I thought you were intelligent (though clearly you missed elementary school spelling classes) and this is the best you've got?

Originally Posted by SDB
Didn't he buy some injectors from "someone" that lacked good orings and he alamost torched his engine because of it? lol
Didn't buy any injectors from me. He bought a fuel rail that had a bad design from the manufacturer that allowed it to move on the brackets. They've since revised their parts as it was a consistent issue with the original design of the part. That's one of the downsides of the cheaper Chinese knock-offs.

Keep it up though, making you look like an *** is pretty entertaining.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tunedports10
ur gonna be pissed
Speaking of breaking **** and never running
Old 01-14-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come on guys, we need to keep this argument going, we are almost to page 700.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

Lol at least mine sees the road now and then lol.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!