Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
You can listen to your tuner, and I'll listen to my friend that's helping me spec out the new setup, who's built 6 and 7 second street cars, who has hands on experience on the matter
I love the "oh yeah, well my friend has..." game; it's played at every East Coast Honda meet.

THIS IS A DAILY DRIVER, NOT A RACE TRUCK.

Why are you even arguing about this setup? The A2W sucked because it was undersized and that's all there was room for within the confines. It works BETTER than it did before by leaps and bounds right now.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe his issue was with that statement Nate made that "A2W sucks on the street".

Perhaps a better statement would be "The A2W on THIS TRUCK sucked on the street" and "A2A was much easier to fit in this case".

I have quite a few friends that know what they're talking about on the subject, so you can can the sarcasm.

And absolutely no offense to you Frost, as I understand you're a very good tuner, but geeze, this crowd goes through tuners like toilet paper. Every 6 months to a year, everyone is on here talking about how the tuner they LOVED last year is an idiot, and that everyone needs to be retuned by THIS guy, who is WAAAAAY better. Greenlight, whoever the hell they're referring to so stealthily now, and now Frost. If the other guys sucked, why was everyone all over their ***** before? Oh wait, random assumptions and herd mentality, got it.

Again, Frost, this has 0 to do with you, so don't take offense. I greatly respect your tuning capabilities from what I've read, just find it funny how fickle the locals can be on this stuff. It's like high school drama time.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-07-2010, 12:30 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
And absolutely no offense to you Frost, as I understand you're a very good tuner, but geeze, this crowd goes through tuners like toilet paper. Every 6 months to a year, everyone is on here talking about how the tuner they LOVED last year is an idiot, and that everyone needs to be retuned by THIS guy, who is WAAAAAY better. Greenlight, whoever the hell they're referring to so stealthily now, and now Frost. If the other guys sucked, why was everyone all over their ***** before? Oh wait, random assumptions and herd mentality, got it.

Again, Frost, this has 0 to do with you, so don't take offense. I greatly respect your tuning capabilities from what I've read, just find it funny how fickle the locals can be on this stuff. It's like high school drama time.
That's not the only place this happens. There's a different tuner of the month out here in KC all the time too.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:34 PM
8 Second Club

I guess I'll add my $.02.

ProCharger was the first forced induction company to start using A/A intercoolers in their kits back in the 90's. For the longest time Vortech, their biggest direct competitor, swore up and down that air to air intercooling didn't work. Guess who uses air to air intercoolers in almost all of their kits now?

Air to water intercooling has it's place, and for some all-out applications it's great, but a majority of the time a street car is better with an A/A.

What do diesel trucks use?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! I just said almost these exact words to someone else..
Old 10-07-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
I guess I'll add my $.02.

ProCharger was the first forced induction company to start using A/A intercoolers in their kits back in the 90's. For the longest time Vortech, their biggest direct competitor, swore up and down that air to air intercooling didn't work. Guess who uses air to air intercoolers in almost all of their kits now?

Air to water intercooling has it's place, and for some all-out applications it's great, but a majority of the time a street car is better with an A/A.

What do diesel trucks use?
Hah, I'm with you, and I agree both have their place. I do know that there have been some advancements in both the tech and theory in A2W lately that have changed the attitude about it's streetability. That's perpetual in FI land, since the tech and theory is still pretty fluid at this point, compared to a lot of other parts of the industry.

Besides, just because they use it in OE applications doesn't make it better. They still use roots blowers in OE vehicles in place of screwblowers, centrifugals or turbos.

That said, I have an A2A on my car and it works great. I never intended to say they weren't good, or even that A2W is better, just that A2W is viable on a street car.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Ok guys, let's re-focus. Why the f^*k won't my car's fuel pump turn on?! I have the fastest, non-running LSX car in FW!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wiring issue?

How is it wired? Relay off the stock fuel pump output on the PCM I'm guessing?
Old 10-07-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frost
I love the "oh yeah, well my friend has..." game; it's played at every East Coast Honda meet.

THIS IS A DAILY DRIVER, NOT A RACE TRUCK.

Why are you even arguing about this setup? The A2W sucked because it was undersized and that's all there was room for within the confines. It works BETTER than it did before by leaps and bounds right now.
LOL, you just don't get it do you. This isn't a dick measuring contest. My turbo parts are being spec'd out by a good friend of mine and digitalsolo's. The same guy who built Fiscus' record breaking radial car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyjC2...eature=related

He's not just some random tuner like yourself, he actually gets **** done, and gets it done right. In world record breaking fashion, I might add

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
The thing about air/water is it heats up and no matter what size heat exchanger it never cools back down enough... Great for the track...not so great for street/roll racing
My initial response was based solely off ^this^. Like I said early, I'm sick of seeing/hearing fictitious information regarding a2w being spread. I never mentioned anything about the truck, other than the size of the heat exchanger, and if it had an ice box. Which you then confirmed that the parts were sub-par and it lacked an ice box, and then continued to conjure up an unrelated argument to that out of thin air, then got all butt hurt about it. So get the whole street truck vs race truck argument out of your head. I was told what was done to the awhile ago (and was even asked if I wanted the old a2w parts, LOL).I honestly don't give a **** about the truck, all I cared about was hearing again how shitty the initial a2w kit was. Get it? Got it? Good.

Last edited by The Beast; 10-07-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Besides, just because they use it in OE applications doesn't make it better. They still use roots blowers in OE vehicles in place of screwblowers, centrifugals or turbos.
Bugatti Veyron's and Arial Atoms use a2w intercoolers. Not a big deal though, luckily since Frost's info/logic is so spot on the Veyron couldn't possibly be the fastest production car in the world...oh wait
Old 10-07-2010, 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or maybe you could tell us more about your friends and what they do and have done...

I'll be back in a few months. I'm not gonna post anymore over here in this thread, but you should stop by and run your mouth in person when I get back to town since you seem to have a problem here.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Or maybe you could tell us more about your friends and what they do and have done...

I'll be back in a few months. I'm not gonna post anymore over here in this thread, but you should stop by and run your mouth in person when I get back to town since you seem to have a problem here.
I'd love to tell you more, but there just isn't enough time in the day...

And I'll make damn sure to come out, should be a blast... That is if you are still the flavor of the week then
Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Old 10-07-2010, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Wow LOL Nick clean the sand out of your vajayjay
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

but you should stop by and run your mouth in person when I get back to town since you seem to have a problem here.
I'd just like to know if this is some keyboard cowboy "come say that to my face" bullshit, or if I'm just taking you out of context.

I certainly hope it's the latter.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

You to Blake clean it all out
Old 10-08-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hah, I have no problem with this guy. I just love the "I can't hold a coherent argument, so I'm going to threaten you through a monitor". What a badass.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

. from what I understand depending on the application and supporting elements/parts, either system can work just fine. It's safe too say everyone has their own opinion about stuff and how it's used or if it works/doesn't work.

I think you all have some valid points but could choose a better way to debate the matter without being ******** to each other.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

See, that's what irks me about behavior on this forum a lot. Someone has a disagreement, and instead of discussing the actual merits behind their viewpoint, and what the technical and engineering principals are behind their opinion, they just yell "BECAUSE I'M RIGHT" and storm off like a 5 year old.

Very helpful.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!