Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Joe, this will not be like Robby's car. The tranny in the Supra is totally different than when Nick had it, and the guy has it set up for the track (both from suspension and spool up). It's supposed to dead hook right off the line where "the real races happen".
Why bring me and my car into this.....Joe wasnt even talking about my car, do you have a hard on for my car or something cause you sure do talk about it alot!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone remember Nick Longenbough (the one that used to have the fast Supra)?

He sold it years ago to a guy in Texas, and the guy put a much larger turbo in it, added a race tranny and a few other things.

Anyways, due to the guys financial situation, Nick just bought the Supra back. Should be a good one to line up with someone like Massy, or maybe Beast.
Green one, correct? That's awesome! That thing was gnarly back in the day, and should have no problem mopping up the majority of the LS crowd.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
It probably dead hooks because it's still spooling and doesn't make any power until 60+ foot out.
I have a feeling you guys are going to be surprized.

Here is a similar setup to Nicks Supra

Old 01-12-2011, 07:19 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

By similar, I think Ben means they are both supras between 1984 and 1998 and they both have turbos.

Posting a vid of NOT EVEN THE SAME CAR is kinda silly. I hope Nick gets it up here and that it is fast. Hope he races some fast cars in town. Should be neat to see. Ill put a hundo on masseys car on a dead stop 1/4 mile race whenever they line up.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
By similar, I think Ben means they are both supras between 1984 and 1998 and they both have turbos.

Posting a vid of NOT EVEN THE SAME CAR is kinda silly. I hope Nick gets it up here and that it is fast. Hope he races some fast cars in town. Should be neat to see. Ill put a hundo on masseys car on a dead stop 1/4 mile race whenever they line up.
You sure talk a lot of **** for someone without a car.

I don't bet against well sorted Supras, though the fastest Mark IV in the world was LS powered last I checked.

Nick has to stop stalling his car before he's any threat from a dead stop.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

The video I posted was another auto with the same tranny/stall Nick has, with a similar (not exact same) setup. Who actually knows how fast the car will be. It was a decent 11 second car before Nick sold it. Now it has drag suspension, a built tranny, and a considerable amount more power. Only time, and lining up to others that race will tell.

Speaking of Massey, did he ever get the fuel system figured out? Or the tune? I know its the middle of the winter and maybe things are on hold, but last I heard I didn't think he had all the bugs worked out.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Speaking of Massey, did he ever get the fuel system figured out? Or the tune? I know its the middle of the winter and maybe things are on hold, but last I heard I didn't think he had all the bugs worked out.
Yeah, but SDB saw another car with a similar setup... oh wait.

And Scott M, don't take any of this as against you at all, I very, very much like YOUR car.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Default Fucktards in da Fort

To EVERYONE on this site in Ft. Wayne...

Let me know when ANY of you fucktards run faster than a 10.29 @ 136 on pump gas and radials....and Ill consider buying a fast car again.

i repeat... A N Y of you fucktards actually go to the track and run a time better than I was running back in 2005-2006 with my old car and Ill consider buying a new one...until then...

keep building...keep breaking...keep talking about what it "should" run, keep ****** rigging your ****....keep pouring money and time and effort into a shitbox.....and keep running slow...
Old 01-13-2011, 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB

Let me know when ANY of you fucktards run faster than a 10.29 @ 136 on pump gas and radials....and Ill consider buying a fast car again.

i repeat... A N Y of you fucktards actually go to the track and run a time better than I was running back in 2005-2006 with my old car and Ill consider buying a new one...until then...

keep building...keep breaking...keep talking about what it "should" run, keep ****** rigging your ****....keep pouring money and time and effort into a shitbox.....and keep running slow...
Whats the difference? I'll bet money you still won't get a car anyways.

Here's hoping your right...
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB

****** rigging our ****? You mean like hardware store **** that fails on fuel lines, or oversized head studs to fix stripped blocks?

Keep living in the past old man. No one cares.

I may get to the track this season, I may not. Either way, it won't be on slicks (or even good radials) or anything, so I'll be leaving plenty on the table. Most of us built our cars for fun, not to make up for our small *****, so we're okay just being entertained by them. If my goal was just to be faster than you, I'd have built a fox body, put my drivetrain in it and done it a couple years ago.

Carry on with your midlife crisis, it's cute.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 01-13-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB

I went 10.22 @ 137 last season on 93 and drag radials...... So when you buying that new car???? LOL
Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

El oh elle

Last edited by The Beast; 01-13-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

FYI Ben, I kinda take a offense to the " Bugs worked out " comment. For as much work I did on that car and as many changes we made I can honestly say I would dare to have someone else build a car and have less issues then I/we did.

First thing to clear things up Massey's car actually if completely finished and I must add is a ******* monster. Yes it did need a few things worked out after it was to the dyno once. But in my defense I didn't build/wire the first fuel system or wire the nitrous the first go around. It was done by a friend of mine that is a 5star mechnic not a performance parts installer mind you. It was his first attempt to repair/install a already half assed system. (no offense Scott) We completely cut out everything SDB had installed and started over. We also installed a NEW FAIL safe fuel system so he didn't lose another motor.

Scotts car has came a long ways from what it was when Bodrab owned it. It did run good when SDB owned it but I might add that Mike's Camaro Ran 10.86ish @ 122 with a stock bottom end, N/A combo. In my opinion that is better then a mid to low 10 second pass on a nitrous pass.

Massey's car hardly even has any of the parts from when SDB built it back in 2005-2008 or whenever.... With that said yes its finished and fully completed other Scott flashing in which tune he wants to run.

It makes killer horse power NA and on the spray. I bet when Scott and I make it to the track this year we will be even shocked as it will be much faster then before. Mind you his old combo wouldn't even bet my car cam only as we did a few kicks... NOW with the current combo omg look out it is making over a 150 more rwhp then I would guess it was making when SDB had it. We just flat ran out of time and never made it to a track which made us both mad... IT will happen soon enough.

Guys who cars if SDB ever gets a car.. Get over that / move on. Its not all about who can can buy, build, or race. Back in the day I went up to Super Shoppes / Hall's to hangout with friends and watch some racing here and there. Now to be honest It isn't the same I went out 2-3 times last year and everytime it was the same thing. Our old friends are growing up and have either gotten busy or moved on or don't care for the new crowd.

Everyone needs to calm down and stop the ******* internet bashing each other, last I checked when everyones around each other we are all "friends"
Bash me if you want if you think I'm wrong I don't really care.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1bad98z
I went 10.22 @ 137 last season on 93 and drag radials...... So when you buying that new car???? LOL
Whats your build ? was that on the juice ?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

So much for winter doldrums, huh?

There's always somebody bigger, faster, stronger, blah, blah blah.....

I'm looking forward to getting my car out in the Spring. I bought HPTuners, so Frost can tune it for different shots, converter locked, unlocked, etc. Probably won't go bigger than a 225 shot (.082) as the plate just doesn't distirbute evenly enough over that. My car should go 9.80s at around 140, I'd say. 3700 lbs. isn't going to help, but I'm not turning it into a caged racecar with no back seat. It's a street car and always will be so long as I have it.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
FYI Ben, I kinda take a offense to the " Bugs worked out " comment. For as much work I did on that car and as many changes we made I can honestly say I would dare to have someone else build a car and have less issues then I/we did.
Calm down man, I don't think Ben was trying to slam you, he was just making the point that SDB is talking **** about a car that hasn't yet been fully sorted.

I don't think any of us have any doubt that Scott's car is going to haul major ***. It's just funny that Bojrab feels the need to pretend that cars impending performance has anything to do with him.

Shoot, for the amount of effort you and your guys have put into it (and Massey's cubic dollars poured into it) it dang well better move out.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDB

Damn, too bad I don't live in the Fort anymore.

I ran 10.50 @ 135 at the 2008 LTx Shootout, on pump gas and with a 6-speed.

Last year I was set up to run in a class that runs 1/8th mile. On a test pass the car went 10.80 at 95 mph letting out at 900-1000 feet. It ran a 6.47 @108 to the 1/8th on that pass. All of this on 92 octane pump and a LITTLE 26x8.5 M/T slick.

If I ever get my car back together this year it should be about .5 seconds faster to the 1/8th. Do the math.

All with a Lowly LT1.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lies, all lies!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Nate, Blake is correct. I meant no offense to you or your building abilities. My Formula still runs like a champ. A few months ago I was still pegging it at 150 MPH+ on Bryan Herters tune (which I still believe is just fine) and has taken years of abuse.

Everyone knows that ANY kind of build on that scale will have bugs that need to be worked out. I had issues with my Z after my 383 was put in (still have an old pile of opti's to prove it), and then when I had the motor re-dune for boost, it still took me a good 6 months to work out the bugs until it ran right. I don't know of one person who has done a large scale build who has NOT had bugs to be worked out. Scott's car is no different, and I knew that at that time shortly after the build he had posted issues with the fuel system, and going a different route on the tune/computer setup.

But that was the last time I heard about it, and just wondered what the outcome was.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Default Fucktards

10.22 at 136 is bad ***! Love it...

So, ONE car on this site ahs run faster than what I did (by a .10)...no one else????

digitalsolo...you still butthurt because you think your a builder and your **** is always blown up, getting worked on and slow.

It is about going fast, that is why we race isnt it?

the car scene is about dead, the last several years proved that. Robbies car is going to be a monster. I hope the Supra is fast. I was not talking **** about Massey's car, just saying I know from YEARS of esperince racing on the street that a stroked nitrous car with an auto is the way to go for street 1/4 mile racing....I am saying that I am confident that massey's latest incarnation of my old car with destroy most high hp supras from a dead stop and I am willing to bet money on it and not just talk **** for free....like everyone does on here.

I hope Ben has fun with his cars, Rob has fun with his new monster, etc. But things are not the same as the "good old days"....Nate knows it, hell everyone knows it...

Digitalsolo...I dont live in the past, which on is one reason I dont do the car thing anymore. When it isnt fun, its time to move on. If you like working on junk *** old hybrid ****** rigged conversions, then keep on truckling! To each their own...You seem to think becasue I come on this site on occassion that you can talk **** like your "all that". Again let me know when you get yout rattletrap piece of **** in the low 10's and Ill say Im impressed...until then, Ill keep looking at ealy retirement in my 50's and moving out of the country to live in a fun exciting new place (Costa Rica, Ecuador, etc)....and you keep modifying old projects if you like...no harm no foul.

I doubt anyone would argue this...I have street raced probably more years and definately more times than most anyone else on this site. I was an "every weekender" here in town, had tons of fun, lots of interesting experiences, and learned a lot by doing it. I always had very fast street cars for the time and place, and really enjoyed it. things are different now, not as much comradarie. I know Ben wants it to be like the old days, hell we all would like it. Unfortunatley here is what is going to happen. Massey, ben, Nate, Big rob and a hand full of others with come out on occassion when its nice out, a couple of races will happen to see who does what from a dig or roll, and then lots of sitting in the parking lot. Then it will be less frequent, and then nothing. But it doesnt matter, I know Ben still likes taking his cars out and just pounding on them, I am sure Massey will too, and Rob will have fun the first year with his new project when its done. After the initial fun, it always goes down hill.

I will come out to see Massey car, Bens car, Robs car etc. It will be exciting to see for sure. I will also be on here to see all the cool mods being done to cars that will never be finished, never run hard, always be broke....and have the owner explain in true engineering form why it should work and should be fast...but never is! lol

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!