Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
It should be done by then, but I won't be bringing it. I'll be there for work. Not sure what we are taking as of yet. Unfortunately the Z is going to have to wait, it will probably be next spring before it makes another appearance.
Did you ever find out what made your block crack?
Old 07-11-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS1875
If your lowered, you better think about doing some fender rolling. If the M&H's swell like the MT ET Street's do you will probably find that a 28' tall tire will rub the wheel well (very bottom of the front and rear of the tire) I have the marks to prove it from running them.
I'm lowered one inch, but I plan on putting the stock springs in the rear when I get taller tires
Old 07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by krobinson123
I'm lowered one inch, but I plan on putting the stock springs in the rear when I get taller tires
That will help.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Car died on the way to work today. Sounds like the fuel pump(s). Again. I was hammering it yesterday. Hopefully, one of the hose clamps came loose. I don't think the braided line would rupture like the rubber ones did. Got lucky and had a Kelley's wrecker stop and tow me to Preferred. Lucky that I was only stranded for 5 minutes and that Preferred was only a couple of miles away. Mike McFarland @ Preferred is off next week (that sucks - he's familiar with the car), but he's going to check it out this afternoon and see what's up. It's stupid fast -- when it runs.....

Weighed it on the scales @ work yesterday. 3680 with me and a nearly full tank of gas.

Time for some drinkin'.....
Old 07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Calling Beast!!! Calling Beast!!!!!

After you took off out of here a kid came in here askin about your car I told him it was stock and the exhaust just fell off. I told him you race for cash lol! He went flyin out of here tryin to catch up to ya LOL! It was a newer black SI with a fart can on it
Old 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Car died on the way to work today. Sounds like the fuel pump(s). Again. I was hammering it yesterday. Hopefully, one of the hose clamps came loose. I don't think the braided line would rupture like the rubber ones did. Got lucky and had a Kelley's wrecker stop and tow me to Preferred. Lucky that I was only stranded for 5 minutes and that Preferred was only a couple of miles away. Mike McFarland @ Preferred is off next week (that sucks - he's familiar with the car), but he's going to check it out this afternoon and see what's up. It's stupid fast -- when it runs.....

Weighed it on the scales @ work yesterday. 3680 with me and a nearly full tank of gas.

Chime in anytime Ben!!!

I don't think Ben had any problems with the hose after he switched to the braided (3years?). But one problem he did have was the sending unit threw his gauge way off which caused him a problem one time So maybe check make sure it has gas.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMMillwright

Its has plenty of fuel pressure when commanded with a tech2 ....But it has no fuel pump signal from the PCM also has a TPS code
Old 07-11-2008, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Chime in anytime Ben!!!

I don't think Ben had any problems with the hose after he switched to the braided (3years?). But one problem he did have was the sending unit threw his gauge way off which caused him a problem one time So maybe check make sure it has gas.
No hose issue at this time, damn hose supplier ( JPH )
Old 07-11-2008, 03:13 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=GMMillwright;9718968]Car died on the way to work today
It's stupid fast -- when it runs.....
Weighed it on the scales @ work yesterday.
3680 with me and a nearly full tank of gas.
-------------------------------------------------------

Have you run it on the bottle with the new NANO system? Weight is right on what I thought it would be....if you weigh 20 lbs! That is a lot lighter than I thought. Put about 2 gallons in it before doing anything...I had a gauge problem on my Lingenfelter Vette....embarssing when it would die and not restart and you have it towed to LPE, they put 5 gallons in it and tell you to come get your car and get the float fixed!

**** the internal tank bullshit...get a fab'd aluminum tank with sump and a King Sumo extrenal or Aero1000 pump and be done with it!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
No hose issue at this time, damn hose supplier ( JPH )
another PREFFERED DEAL! I'm sure Mike can figure it out, if not, looks like that will be the last straw for the double pumper setup. Hey Nate, who's the girl(christina) from preffered service that called me today?
Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

**** the internal tank bullshit...get a fab'd aluminum tank with sump and a King Sumo extrenal or Aero1000 pump and be done with it!!![/QUOTE]

I like this idea!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Well, the car's home. It died pulling into the garage (only a couple of miles from Preferred). We ran it on only one pump to get it home. Gonna see if Ben will come over and help me cut an access panel. After that, Nate & I will pull the pumps and see what's up.

I don't understand why Pat would have undone the wiring that Mike @ Preferred did and eliminate the WOT switch for the second pump. I'm a little pissed that he never even mentioned the change when it was clearly new.

I've never had it below 1/2 tank since the dual pumps, so it's hard to imagine that's the cause of the overheating. I've got 80 miles on this tank with 1/2 of that on I-69 going to and from work. That's at least 2/3 of a tank remaining. It probably gets 20 on the highway.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
another PREFFERED DEAL! I'm sure Mike can figure it out, if not, looks like that will be the last straw for the double pumper setup. Hey Nate, who's the girl(christina) from preffered service that called me today?
Well it isn't a pump signal problem, tested it more and found its either getting hot then shutting down or something not sure.... Scott drove it home after cooling down some, then when pulling in is garage it stalled...

She's the southwest stores parts manager..... Why? shes not married not your type
Old 07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Calling Beast!!! Calling Beast!!!!!

After you took off out of here a kid came in here askin about your car I told him it was stock and the exhaust just fell off. I told him you race for cash lol! He went flyin out of here tryin to catch up to ya LOL! It was a newer black SI with a fart can on it
lol very nice, i almost did a u turn as i was pullin in, cause 2 chicks were leavin in a red ws6... can't believe i didn't see him pullin in... although i was transfixed on a black evo pullin in as i was headin out lol... hopefully i'll run into him tonight

Last edited by The Beast; 07-11-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
lol very nice, i almost did a u turn as i was pullin in, cause 2 chicks were leavin in a red ws6... can't believe i didn't see him pullin in... although i was transfixed on a black evo pullin in as i was headin out lol... hopefully i'll run into him tonight
Lol it was pretty comical, he didn't have a clue
Old 07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol, god bless the know nothing ricers
Old 07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Beast
lol, god bless the know nothing ricers
Don't you make fun of me, Nicky!!

Nick, give me a call this weekend and I'll we'll get some footie of the Civic and get that beyotch sold!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Azar

Nick, give me a call this weekend and I'll we'll get some footie of the Civic and get that beyotch sold!
Sold! WTF! Theres $ to be made!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Azar

me and c5 zach are headin to halls tonight and my weekend is pretty much open, i don't know what your schedule is like tonight tomorrow or sunday...

btw, has anyone ever put an lsx motor in an s2000??? i'm kinda thinkin if some one does buy the beast, it'd be BAD *** to build an ls2000
Old 07-11-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sold! WTF! Theres $ to be made!!!!
no one wants to go from a ricer roll

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!