Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Starfire1
700+RWHP My street cruiser doesn't stand a chance.
hey I know you say that you dont live in southbend, where do you live? maybe ill drive up and check out your local car scene one weekend. ill give you a heads up before I go, so a decent group of cars could be gathered up.

if anyone from the fort wants to tag along let me know, if I hear crickets I understand
Old 05-29-2013, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Starfire1
700+RWHP My street cruiser doesn't stand a chance.
I thought he needed at least 900 and you'd give him a ten car length disadvantage to be a good race?

I'm down for heading up there with you Chris. Just let me get my four wheeled pile figured out.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_82
hey I know you say that you dont live in southbend, where do you live? maybe ill drive up and check out your local car scene one weekend. ill give you a heads up before I go, so a decent group of cars could be gathered up.

if anyone from the fort wants to tag along let me know, if I hear crickets I understand
I am down and I'll bring my Mongoose to race. We can all relive the movie RAD!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Teching In

I have to go to South Bend for any type of car scene. I haven't been there in a while as it sucks lately.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Cmon down but it seems to be nothing more than talk. Last weekend a bunch of evo's and other imports pulled up in unison, got out and asked if anyone wanted to race, I said I was down, they inquired about setting up some $$$. I said ok. Then they got scared of my worn out drag radials, made some excuses about breaking in their new engines&clutches, ect, ect. And left. It was pitiful. Think their boner for vin diesel had gone soft

Ive heard talk about a fast gtr, & the cobra mentioned earlier. The way people keep taking about the gtr it must be pretty badass. Maybe someone knows him and can set something up, either between me or starfire, or both. I dont care, This years street scene will most likely be non existent once again.
Chris, I've seen the white GTR in person but have never seen it run. The guy's name is Aaron but I do happen to know where he lives. I think it might be weird if I just showed back up at his house and asked him if he wanted to race you or Starfire. He also has a white Audi R8 and a Cyber Gray Metallic ZR1. You could try and hit up Cars and Coffee some Saturday cuz I think I've seen pictures of his R8 being up there.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:04 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
Wait till it gets a little nicer. I was out last weekend, and it still seemed a bit cold. That could scare a few people away.

My car should be tuned tomorrow, and I am always down to run.

Plus my buddy in a 700+ RWHP T/A is also down to run, he just needs about another month to get his pile running.

The cobra is legit, and he is a pretty cool guy.
Just admit it guys, it really sounds like the car scene is DEAD in Fort Wayne! Here in Independence MO they hold a cruise-in EVERY Saturday night in a strip mall parking lot. They consistently get 200 cars EVERY week! Yes, I said 200! They have been doing it for 3 years now. I went to one last year where they had a record 350 cars there. Last week the weather was a little cool, and there were also 2 other very popular monthly cruise-ins in nearby suburbs and this one still managed 150+ cars. Everything shows up, from street rods, customs, hot rods, rare muscle cars, race cars, rat rods and even stock street cars. They have a DJ, and a few times a year they even have a live band playing. I understand the KC metro area is a bit bigger than FTW, but I think there are enough cars there to make it work.

Maybe someone can put something like that together there, I think it would really revive the car scene!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

To much bench racing, lack of respect for other people and their cars, **** talking and failing to back it up, immature kids in their 20hp hondas driving like retards, and drama in the "Ft. Wayne Car Scene" to actually make it fun for people to come out.

Last edited by tunedports10; 05-31-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Just admit it guys, it really sounds like the car scene is DEAD in Fort Wayne! Here in Independence MO they hold a cruise-in EVERY Saturday night in a strip mall parking lot. They consistently get 200 cars EVERY week! Yes, I said 200! They have been doing it for 3 years now. I went to one last year where they had a record 350 cars there. Last week the weather was a little cool, and there were also 2 other very popular monthly cruise-ins in nearby suburbs and this one still managed 150+ cars. Everything shows up, from street rods, customs, hot rods, rare muscle cars, race cars, rat rods and even stock street cars. They have a DJ, and a few times a year they even have a live band playing. I understand the KC metro area is a bit bigger than FTW, but I think there are enough cars there to make it work.

Maybe someone can put something like that together there, I think it would really revive the car scene!
Cruise in??? We have the Middlebury Essenhause cruise every Wed night with 200+ cars of all types. We also have a "cruise in" 5 nights a week at one location or the another.

The actual "Street scene" is a bit dead but cars still roll out on Saturday nights.

Also just had Lane's yearly show across Mi line 25th anniversary it was HUGE.

Last edited by Starfire1; 05-31-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tunedports10
To much bench racing, lack of respect for other people and their cars, **** talking and failing to back it up, immature kids in there 20hp hondas driving like retards, and drama in the "Ft. Wayne Car Scene" to actually make it fun for people to come out.
There seems to be a problem with people running there mouth then every excuse in the book of why they cant back it up.

All too common today.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Pretty cool. . . . (i think)

I was notified by the writers at theblock.com that my article was finished and put on their front page. It took a little while but better late than never. Check it out, its a good read. They attached a gopro to the side (behind the rear wheel) for some footage but cannot post it for some legality reason??? but they will be sending it to me, and Ill post it up when I get it.

Its not on the front page of a mag but still cool that Dr. Jamie Myers was walking through the tech lanes and noticed my ride in the midst of alot of other beautiful cars, and stopped to talk to me to find out some info on it. Hell Mike Brown was right behind me in tech. Glad to see a writer and photographer in the thick of it checking out the racers.

https://theblock.com/news/chevy-s-10...-turbo-project
Old 06-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Great write up and nice to see them doing articles on something besides the fastest or flashiest ride at the track. Truck has come a long ways since you got it.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 AM
10 Second Club

Congrat's Chris. Nice write-up.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Josh, it would be great to have the turnout you do in KC. And thats not a bad idea. I'd love to get more people to come out. There are those with fast cars in the area that just choose not to come out. I think its more of a fever thing. If no one is really out, then no one else wants to join them.

If we just had a solid 50 cars and people out that did stuff, it would attract more.

I remember when we had a solid 100+ cars out in the fort, and plenty of races. We brought people out of state on a regular basis and it was awesome.

Hopefully things eventually change.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tunedports10
To much bench racing, lack of respect for other people and their cars, **** talking and failing to back it up, immature kids in their 20hp hondas driving like retards, and drama in the "Ft. Wayne Car Scene" to actually make it fun for people to come out.

Your totally right! I am done going out, too many *** holes around, I like to just cruise and go to car shows.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Teching In

Ill be out tonight too.

everyone keeps talking about some fast stang??? apparently the guy said he will race anyone, and will whoop all the LS boys in town. Anybody down to take him up on his offer?? Would be kinda cool to see some runs happen this year.

If anyone knows him, tell him Ill race his ponycar.

That would be me and yes i made a called out of everyone in town and I know I will get walked by a lot of cars in town especially your truck. I was just trying to stir up some races this year. My car is slow and like a typical Ford it is broke again so hopefully soon i will jave it back out.

Originally Posted by 847hpofjunk
Evan Gordon is a little to cocky, all he does is talk smack and start drama on Facebook, yet he never drives his car. Sorry to say.
lol what I am sure I was one of the first ones to be out on the street and race this year. Yea you are right I never drive my car but what makes me any different than everyone else in town?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

I fear no cobra

I am no match for chris either (although I would like to run again just for fun).

Evan, you should have me beat power wise, but we should line them up sometime.

My pile is getting close to running also. I took it down to get tuned a week ago, and it broke before it could get tuned. I just got done fixing everything yesterday, and will be dropping it back off to be tuned on Wednesday. So, if they both will be fixed soon, shoot me a message and lets have a classic GM vs Ford run!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
I fear no cobra

I am no match for chris either (although I would like to run again just for fun).

Evan, you should have me beat power wise, but we should line them up sometime.

My pile is getting close to running also. I took it down to get tuned a week ago, and it broke before it could get tuned. I just got done fixing everything yesterday, and will be dropping it back off to be tuned on Wednesday. So, if they both will be fixed soon, shoot me a message and lets have a classic GM vs Ford run!
Mine may or may not be up and running soon all depends on what I decide to do with my trans issue, if I fix the current t56 it will be on the road soon but I am thinking that it will be swapped out for something different which will take a little while for me to get everything pieced together the way I want it.

I have no problem running anyone in town Chris and nick will walk circle around me no questions asked. Already raced a TT c5 and pulled on him just a little and got walked by denis on his gixxer 1000.

I may have you with more power but my car is a boat, cast block dohc and an irs. So it should be a good race
Old 06-03-2013, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert

I may have you with more power but my car is a boat, cast block dohc and an irs. So it should be a good race
My car is no lightweight either. Race weight for me is still 3600+ lbs.

But either way I believe it should be a good run as chris and nick both will leave me in the dust also.

Let me know your how your tranny issue pans out, and we'll set something up.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Awesome article Chris, congrats!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
That would be me and yes i made a called out of everyone in town and I know I will get walked by a lot of cars in town especially your truck. I was just trying to stir up some races this year. My car is slow and like a typical Ford it is broke again so hopefully soon i will jave it back out.

lol what I am sure I was one of the first ones to be out on the street and race this year. Yea you are right I never drive my car but what makes me any different than everyone else in town?
When you stir stuff up that is why stupid stuff happens. People like you and if your so bad like you said you run in single digits on face book, go to a drag strip.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!