Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
I will be up later to do a little weight reduction mod on Azars car though!

LOL, don't do anything too major, I'm the one who has to fix it...
Old 07-26-2008, 07:23 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes everyone, I apperciate it. Today was another sucessful tune day. There was some awesome n/a power produced today both by LT1 and LS1 cars. A new grind a tried in Codys 02 SS had very promising results getting 402hp and 387trq followed up by Mike T/As with 407hp and 375trq. Both, I mean ALL who got dynoed/tuned today are gonna be strong runners. Vids and graph to follow shortly. By the way, my 2008 Impala SS made 239hp and 256trq BONE STOCK and went 161mph on the dyno. Thanks agian to Bryan@pcmforless and Dave@Brenspeed.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:40 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy Birthday Joe, hope you had a good one! Bob
Old 07-26-2008, 08:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
LOL, don't do anything too major, I'm the one who has to fix it...
He speaks the truth. Hahahaha.

Glad to hear the tune at Brenspeed went well. Mike, that 407 cam only is VERY impressive, I hope I make around that with my H/C car! Just goes to show that with a proper cam selection, you can make serious power....instead of picking one all ***** nilly. *looks around* Yeah.

Nick,

These guys speak the truth. Although a 6 speed certainly has it's merits a stalled auto is certainly fun as well. I went for a ride in DPW's (Doug) auto a little while back and it was pretty awesome...and it wasn't even running properly. Also, I'll probably finish your video tonight and/or tomorrow and put it up on youtube.

Shocker,

You best not be doing any weight reduction on my car...I need that rear windshield wiper, just in case I'm driving in rain.......backwards.

EDIT: I'll be leaving here in a few, see ya guys up there!

Last edited by Azar; 07-26-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

As of right now, I think I'm just gonna go a head and trade him . It's exactly what I was lookin for, minus the T56. And Drew, again I thank you for putting together that video, I appreciate it. I don't know what your email address is, but if you still want the dyno sheet, it's in the for sale thread in my sig
Old 07-26-2008, 09:35 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beast....the blue Mecham TA belongs to a real nice guy that lives fairly close to me, he also has a 78 TA I believe as well. I forget his name, 30+ years old, black, real soft spoken dude. Doesn't come up to Halls much at all...

Go for a ride in my old car, and see if you want a 6-speed
Old 07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Hey all. Just thought I'd post a couple of quick videos of today's dyno tune. I've got Aaron, Mike, and Myself. Left soon after my tune to appease the wife so I couldn't get everyone. All in all I'm happy with the results---404hp and 383 torque. Thanks a ton Joe, Nate, and Brian.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:44 AM
11 Second Club

Nitrous lines are run...just waiting on some bottle bracket bolts and solenoid screws from Nitro Dave. Then I can get it wired up and one less thing off the list.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

Anybody in need of a Shock Tower brace?? I'm selling my Hotchkis brace for $135. Let me know if your interested in it.

Thanks

D
Old 07-27-2008, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
As of right now, I think I'm just gonna go a head and trade him . It's exactly what I was lookin for, minus the T56. And Drew, again I thank you for putting together that video, I appreciate it. I don't know what your email address is, but if you still want the dyno sheet, it's in the for sale thread in my sig

Nice thats what I like to hear!!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Me to
Old 07-27-2008, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

Hey does anybody know what that 396ci LT1 put down?
Old 07-27-2008, 02:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks to Massey, Switches and Kenny for letting me bum rides off of them. Helluva night...here's my rundown...

Car soap: 5.00
2 Gallons of fuel: 9.60
1 32 ounce slushy: 2.00
Friend fragging his transmission going 140+ on a major highway and then sitting on the side of said major highway waiting for a flatbed to come get it: Priceless

Badass night tonight guys, it was really nice to see everyone again and shoot the ****. I'll be up next week as K-dog and I have a date to make sure his car is as fast as it felt inside of it. ****** straight hauls *** and looks good doing it! Blake get a valid plate for chassis 2, maybe get a little threeway action goin down on the highway. Getcha some boy!

Beast,

You really ought to, I rode in Massey's car and I don't really think he was beating on it and it's a trip. If you want to go fast....get an auto. Kenny's Vette is an auto too (albeit stock trans, I'm pretty sure?) and that ****** gets down. I'm still impressed. So impressed I am starting a savings account simply for my 08 Vette fund. I'm looking to purchase one in I'd say around the year of 2015.

Once again, awesome night. Well, except for DPW, because his trans be fuckified...that sucks but yeahh...overall good night. Also, Nate I will need to take a ride in your car to verify it's not loud in the cabin because when you were revving it up in the lot, I made the mistake of walking behind it.....my ears still hurt. But it sounds damn nice.

EDIT: Beast, I finished your vid, here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfqV8w8yjLQ

Not as long as I originally had planned, but I still think it's okay. Let me know if you need me to change anything and I can take it down and redo a little. Hope you dig it!

Last edited by Azar; 07-27-2008 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He could get ya a computer tune, that would take care of your header install with removin your emiss., drop your temp, and pick up some power.
Yea that will be coming up soon I hope. Just got moved into my new house here in auburn so life has been a little hectic with unpacking. I still only need egr block offs and header bolts. Just need to get around to it. I have a friend up at harold chevy in angola that is a tech and I might be able to get to use a lift from him too. He helped with a header install on my other friends third (turd) gen firebird.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Good times last night. Well, except for the fragged trans in Doug's car. Thought I was going to have to use my fire extinguisher. If it was burning, I probably would have gotten gang tackled on my way to the car, though! Hopefully, RPM will treat him right.

Congrat to Chris on your daughter.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Azar
Thanks to Massey, Switches and Kenny for letting me bum rides off of them. Helluva night...here's my rundown...

Friend fragging his transmission going 140+ on a major highway and then sitting on the side of said major highway waiting for a flatbed to come get it: Priceless

Badass night tonight guys, it was really nice to see everyone again and shoot the ****. I'll be up next week as K-dog and I have a date to make sure his car is as fast as it felt inside of it. ****** straight hauls *** and looks good doing it! Blake get a valid plate for chassis 2, maybe get a little threeway action goin down on the highway. Getcha some boy!

Beast,

You really ought to, I rode in Massey's car and I don't really think he was beating on it and it's a trip. If you want to go fast....get an auto. Kenny's Vette is an auto too (albeit stock trans, I'm pretty sure?) and that ****** gets down. I'm still impressed. So impressed I am starting a savings account simply for my 08 Vette fund. I'm looking to purchase one in I'd say around the year of 2015.

Once again, awesome night. Well, except for DPW, because his trans be fuckified...that sucks but yeahh...overall good night. Also, Nate I will need to take a ride in your car to verify it's not loud in the cabin because when you were revving it up in the lot, I made the mistake of walking behind it.....my ears still hurt. But it sounds damn nice.

Not as long as I originally had planned, but I still think it's okay. Let me know if you need me to change anything and I can take it down and redo a little. Hope you dig it!
Nice vid Drew I think my favorite part was you gettin an image of the car in the semi's center cap lol!!

Fort Wayne doesn't need to worry about mosqitoes anymore, Doug took care of that, that was some serious smoke!!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Nice thats what I like to hear!!
He had spark/opti issues from 3500-7000. With it breaking up so badly, I think 379hp and 363trq so far. Can't get good enough run without sprk being an issue. More left in it though.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last night was friggin awesome! I definatly need to come out more consistantly! The wife had a blast as well. Too bad about Dougs car, but it was interesting none the less. Hopefully they warranty whatever it was that went .

Azar, nice job on the vid. I need to get anouther ride in your RX-7 sometime, then give you a spin in the Formula to compare.

I would've liked to seen Jake line up with Masey, but maybe that will happen some other time.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn sounds like I chose the wrong night to go to the lake

Originally Posted by SDB
Beast....the blue Mecham TA belongs to a real nice guy that lives fairly close to me, he also has a 78 TA I believe as well. I forget his name, 30+ years old, black, real soft spoken dude. Doesn't come up to Halls much at all...
Nice, next time you see him, ask him about the Civic he tried to play with in Michigan

Originally Posted by Azar

Beast,

Vid looks awesome!!! Thanks again man
Old 07-27-2008, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Glad everyone likes the vid!

Nick,
It was no problem, it's something I enjoy (when I have time) and it only took me a few hours. I can send you the pictures/original movie on a CD for better quality as well.

Ben,

That'd be awesome man. I still owe Sean a ride, the only thing is if I take him the only thing we'll talk about is him pulling off my rear windscreen wiper!! Hahaha.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!